View Poll Results: Do you like Windows 8?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I'm sticking with Windows 7, XP.

65 48.87%
  • I'm undecided. I haven't tried it yet.

8 6.02%
  • I love Windows 8. Took a little getting use to

60 45.11%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshFroot View Post
    Windows 8 might be a better built OS. But for me the Interface is VERY important and because of that, I have to stick with Win 7 for now.
    For those that miss Quick Launch, there's www.truelaunchbar.com I've used since nearly its inception. It's much better than Quick Launch. And it's Win8 compatible so you can have your start button, quick launch bar, and all. The developer even gives WHT members 50% with coupon dj50off. I think it's well worth the twenty bucks. For ten bucks, it's a no brainer.

I have one of those $39 Windows 8 disks. I just haven't had the gumption to give it a go yet. Maybe I'll try it during holiday vacation time.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.
      0 Not allowed!

Been using truelaunchbar (on Win7) since SWR showed it to me. Great stuff there.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      1 Not allowed!

Really liked it...makes win 8 much more bearable
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Been using truelaunchbar (on Win7) since SWR showed it to me. Great stuff there.
    I've never heard anyone say they didn't like it.

Yeah. I run it on Win7 too ... and Windows Pro as well. I wouldn't use a Windows pc or laptop without it.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by silvasolver View Post
    Really liked it...makes win 8 much more bearable
    That's in reference to TLB? Yeah - For those that like the classic Windows feel, it sure makes life easier. I don't use any of the plugins (there're a ton of them), but I always create virtual folders. It's nice to have everything organized.

And I don't make nuthin' off the dj50off coupon. I only asked the developer to give WHT a discount.

Sorry - Don't wish to take this thread off topic. But someone did mention something about the GUI, so I posted my fix. Enough about TLB. Let's talk about Windows 8.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 12-10-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: added the Sorry bit :(
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyt View Post
    Hate it have experienced a lot of comparability issues. Plus the metro interface makes me feel like I'm using something designed for pre schoolers or developly disabled teens.
    You mean like a Mac?
      0 Not allowed!

Forget all those and go with Lubuntu :-)
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions
      0 Not allowed!

Actually one of these is what I first thought of.

http://p.globalsources.com/IMAGES/PD...c-computer.jpg
    Will Rogers said, "there's 3 sorts of people in this world, those who learn by books, those who learn by the experiences of others, and those who just have to pee on the electric fence every now and then."
      0 Not allowed!

Well guys i am just loving after updating from 8 to 8.1
      0 Not allowed!

I don't get why people are so attached to the "Start" button/menu. It's still present in one way or another, perhaps not the compact way we were used to over the years but still does the job.

In my opinion, people that cry about it are people that had(and still have) a hard time learning windows in the first place.
      0 Not allowed!

windows 8

Yes i like windows 8.1 version very much. It supports all the emerging technologies like 3d printing, wi-fi direct etc.
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 8.1 runs well. However I'd definitely not want to use it without a touchscreen with the metro interface. It's a lot easier and less cumbersome coupled with a touchscreen and stylus.
      0 Not allowed!

Im not a massive fan of windows 8 if im honest. Mt review is that far too much has been put into the GUI instead of fixing some of the most annoying bugs within the OS
      0 Not allowed!

I still prefer windows 7, but I am getting used to windows 8
      0 Not allowed!

I have it on newest laptop and am forced to use it at work, I don't like it though - it's too "user friendly" for me, and they've made it harder to make system configurations - the reason for this is good, too many people were probably clicking the wrong thing on previous releases, and deleting wiping this and that, but as a geek it's not what I want.

To be completely honest, if the Windows start button was there in addition to the corner shortcuts, I'd probably like it a lot more - but I still can't get used to the new navigation, even though I was introduced to it prior to windows 8 being released on the newer Xbox homescreen.
      0 Not allowed!

I like it because it is faster than my windows 7. I still use win 7 at work though they wont go with windows 8 for now.
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 8 - a horrible, horrible mess. There isn't much (anything) to love about this os that shows Microsoft is just getting lazier and lazier by the day.

Start menu:
    Yeah, it's gone. thankfully, can be replaced by something like Start8 (finally, stardock returns to life ). Talk about a huge mistake.

Updates:
    Tried updating to 8.1 from 8? Yeah, good luck with that. For the first time ever, your key won't work on an in-version UPGRADE . Microsoft? We don't care.

Speed:
    It's comparable to 7, I wouldn't say significantly faster, by any means

There are a couple good things about 8, but nowhere near enough to warrant using it, as is. Without start8 (or similar product), you're pretty much going to be helpless.

This is a great mobile (read: phone, tablet) OS, but a HORRIBLE idea for a PC/laptop OS
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hostnesta View Post
    Still not comfortable with it.
    Having difficulties using some out-of-date scripts.

Currently have 64-bits seems like I need to adjust to 32-bits.
    Same here, i tried to use it on my pc and i can't turn off my pc with "Shut down" feature. Need to learn more..
      0 Not allowed!

I use both Windows 8.1 & 7 pro. I find it to run just as smooth as 7 pro and not really missing the start menu. Upgrading from 8 to 8.1 went smooth and here's a start button back, but I don't use it. I've actually found it faster to just hit the Windows key and use the scroll wheel on the mouse for programs not pinned to the task bar I also re-arranged the tiles on the menu to only have the programs I use more frequently. Other than that, no problems at all.
    I can't speak for the 32 bi though. Using 64 bit on both 8 & 7.

I also went from an Android phone to a Windows 8 phone. Much better IMO. It just "works". For those who play games and screw around on the phone, Android may be great, but it seems as though the Windows phone is much better.

I have a Galaxy Tab w/ Android, & the Windows phone is noticeably faster. Also have a Dell tablet w/ Windows 8 on the way, so I'll be comparing that as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xlilx View Post
    Same here, i tried to use it on my pc and i can't turn off my pc with "Shut down" feature. Need to learn more..
    Right click on that start button > shutdown or sign out > shutdown
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post
    Right click on that start button > shutdown or sign out > shutdown
    Or just windows key & L , same shortcut it's been for years
    You can get to the shutdown menu from there
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I used to hate windows 8, and still do, but don't know why I do not hate windows 8.1, it feels much more familiar and also search and other stuff works great, so I like 8.1 and I absolutely hate 8. don't know why its just a feeling
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 8 is ok, I am not a big fan as I use Citrix and when I want to use internet explorer or Firefox to listen to music outside of Citrix it will not multitask which is a bit frustrating because I like music wild I'm working if the office is quiet it can be quite boring and annoying when quiet and no sound arround. That is my biggest issue with windows 8 but I only use it on my office computer I have 7 on my personal computers.
      0 Not allowed!

"I heard that if you play a Windows 8 CD backwards, you’ll get a satanic message. But the most frightening thing is that if you play it forward, it installs Windows 8."
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 7 still seems better choice for me and our staff because of different interfaces and we used to .
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast