Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arvixe - pre-sales WOW, post-sales WTH?

Anyone had similar experience with Arvixe? Response times of no more than 1-2 hours in pre-sales questions being fired back and forth. Nice responses also!
    Then, once signed-up...the first ticket took 8 hours to be responded to (and only because I sent a follow up message!) and now my last update to an open ticket has not been touched in almost 24 hours!

LIVE support always shows 'Online' - yet I NEVER managed to get anyone actually connecting with me ... the first time I gave up twice after about 20mins (second time I was actually dumped), and now is no different.

Yet one of the reasons I decided to sign up was their great things they would offer, i.e.:
    24 Hour Support
    Our US-based customer service and technical support representatives are working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So, you can be sure to get your issues resolved as quickly as possible at anytime.
    Your Question: Support response
    Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.
    Your request is important to us. Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.
    Your request is important to us. Please wait, an operator will be with you shortly.
    etc ...

I am at a loss at the moment, at the lack of responsiveness and will to honestly deliver on published promises of many web hosting companies.

Never had that experience, no. Always fast and responsive.
    Submit tickets, don't mess with chat.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

There could be many possibilities not one. Just recall your mind if you have made any changes recently to trace your problem. This may help you find the problem and resolve it.
    ⓐ➒AlphaNine
    Shared hosting | cPanel/WHM reseller | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | SSL | VoIP | Management |
    99.9% uptime | 24/7 Support | Easy Control Panels | Operating Since 2000 |

Quote Originally Posted by Vini_AlphaNine View Post
    There could be many possibilities not one. Just recall your mind if you have made any changes recently to trace your problem. This may help you find the problem and resolve it.
    Not sure what you mean. Wrong forum?

8 hours is pretty long for a technical/support related issue. Did you inquire why it took so long for them to respond to you?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    8 hours is pretty long for a technical/support related issue. Did you inquire why it took so long for them to respond to you?
    It wasn't really a technical issue per se...all still related to getting me up and running and answering basic question regarding the server location my account was put on and why they used the free dedicated IP towards my main domain (so subsequently all my other domains will share it) - I had envisaged that the free didicated IP, free SSL cert and free domain were all things I would consider later for a site where I really need an SSL.
    That way, I would be using their shared IPs and would not need to buy another dedicated IP should I need one.

The Director of Technical Support himself replied to the ticket, 8 hours later (after I had submitted another request to please reply to my questions).

I actually still feel that both questions were kinda brushed aside...as I still wasn't told where the actual server location is and regarding the dedicated IP, no explanation whatsoever...just confirmed that yes it is one.

Now it's over 25 hours since my last ticket update (the most recent one) and still no reply.

Arvixe do not seem to be very active on this forum, either.

Ah! ... Dont they have a toll free number to reach or any other means of communication e.g SKYPE.
    ⓐ➒AlphaNine
    Shared hosting | cPanel/WHM reseller | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | SSL | VoIP | Management |
    99.9% uptime | 24/7 Support | Easy Control Panels | Operating Since 2000 |

Quote Originally Posted by Robiro View Post
    It wasn't really a technical issue per se...
    The Director of Technical Support himself replied to the ticket, 8 hours later
    Arvixe do not seem to be very active on this forum, either.
    - Based on you own statements, then it was NOT a support ticket. It was an admin question.
    - And Arvixe has at least 2-3 people on the forum regularly.

I think you're making many knee-jerk assumptions here.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I know how you feel, if I was in your shoes I'd go to another host and ask them, Stablehost has a good reputation here, and I recommend FreshRostedHosting and CrocWeb. You won't get late replies with FRH or CrocWeb. I used to contact CrocWeb at random times, and FRH pre-sales was amazing and I have a VPS with them still.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    - Based on you own statements, then it was NOT a support ticket. It was an admin question.
    - And Arvixe has at least 2-3 people on the forum regularly.

I think you're making many knee-jerk assumptions here.
    Knee-jerk assumptions right??

Support is support, right?

Their main means to contact them on any matters is via their ticket system under their support section.

If you can't find a solution to your problem in our knowledgebase, you can submit a ticket by selecting the appropriate department below.

Departments

Support
    Sales
    Abuse
    Affiliates
    Quality Assurance

So are you saying it is acceptable to be ignored on things pertaining to account setup procedures and related matters?
    How many hours (or days) do you think is acceptable? I never said it is a life threatening support issue, but if I was the host, I would be more responsive (at least as responsive as I advertise to be).

The second channel is their so called "Live Support" - big FAIL. Noone seems to answer that.

The other channel is via the phone...see my next response to the other post.
    Last edited by Robiro; 12-04-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini_AlphaNine View Post
    Ah! ... Dont they have a toll free number to reach or any other means of communication e.g SKYPE.
    No skype that I know of.
    They seem to have a phone number, yes but I am outside of the USA and my current phone line rental does not include overseas phone calls, it's a Flat rate Internet and domestic call bundle.
    I rarely make international landline phone calls these days.

Actually, I do prefer some aspects to be communicated via email, as it's easier to refer back to.

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Never had that experience, no. Always fast and responsive.
    Submit tickets, don't mess with chat.
    +1000

Even when providers offer chat and phone support, create a ticket in the support system first. It's easier for both you and your host to keep track of an issue via ticket. To top it off, anything more than a level 1 question will generally result in the chat/phone agent just creating a ticket anyway (or asking you to do so).
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    +1000

Even when providers offer chat and phone support, create a ticket in the support system first. It's easier for both you and your host to keep track of an issue via ticket. To top it off, anything more than a level 1 question will generally result in the chat/phone agent just creating a ticket anyway (or asking you to do so).
    That's why I used ticket submission! Mind you, I once made the mistake and actually replied to an email with account set up details, rather than creating a ticket (I just wanted to refer to the long info contained in the email!)...but sending that email resulted in a ticket number, yet that does not turn up in my ticket history in the support area when logged in.

It is STRIKING how very responsive they were ahead of signing up...4 different staff came in to each add their part to answer a few questions and get the account verified etc.

Then I was verified, account set up ... and now it seems one ticket took 8 hours and the last update from my end to a ticket was 26 hours ago (marked OPEN).

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post
    +1000

We have reseller hostings on another hosting provider. We do most operations(like creating custom php.ini, updating some server softwares etc.) by Chat within minutes. But most other hosting providers cannot do it.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

always had good experience with arvixe and fast responce

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NoHelpHost View Post
    always had good experience with arvixe and fast responce
    8+ hours is fast? If giving response takes 8 or more hours when this show us the support of this company is very bad.
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..

no its not just said had good support when i was with them dont know now! if they advertise fast support so i guess its bad

I was gonna sign up for a reseller account with them as well, guess I'm not going to anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Robiro View Post
    Support is support, right?
    That's not the case with any host I've been with. Other departments take much longer to respond, and some hosts even send an autoreply that their support wont handle or even forward administrative or billing questions.

Obviously hosts want to answer their pre-sales questions quickly, but those are probably handled by sales and not support.

Please contact us with issues

Hello,

I'd be happy to assist you with your issue. May I get the ticket ID if one exists? Please keep in mind, that things are just starting to settle down from Black Friday / Cyber Monday, and this goes for any web hosting company. We try to address the issues as quickly as possible. That being said, I'd be happy to assist you. Thanks.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-04-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Contact Info

Hello,

My apologies, if you'd like to send me an email directly please by all means do so. My email is chris.worley@arvixe.com or qa@arvixe.com. Thank you again for your understanding.
    Last edited by cmworley; 12-05-2013 at 03:15 AM. Reason: mistype

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    8+ hours is fast? If giving response takes 8 or more hours when this show us the support of this company is very bad.
    Excuse me? Are you a customer of ours? I don't believe so. How are you qualified to be responding to anything on this post?

If you are going to randomly bash companies on here, I suggest bashing someone else's company.

Robiro, per Chris' posts, we are here to help. Please let us know how we can help. We did run a very large sale and had thousand+ account sign ups in a single day so there has been a bit of a longer delay to get responses on tickets. I just tested our chat + phones and was connected with someone right away.

Also, you can check the location of your account using our billing panel at http://billing.arvixe.com, open up the account and it shows you Server Location (EU or US).

Quote Originally Posted by Arvand View Post
    Excuse me? Are you a customer of ours? I don't believe so. How are you qualified to be responding to anything on this post?

If you are going to randomly bash companies on here, I suggest bashing someone else's company.

Robiro, per Chris' posts, we are here to help. Please let us know how we can help. We did run a very large sale and had thousand+ account sign ups in a single day so there has been a bit of a longer delay to get responses on tickets. I just tested our chat + phones and was connected with someone right away.

Also, you can check the location of your account using our billing panel at http://billing.arvixe.com, open up the account and it shows you Server Location (EU or US).
    Your customer said; "..once signed-up...the first ticket took 8 hours to be responded.. ..my last update to an open ticket has not been touched in almost 24 hours!.."

If your responses take 8 - 24 hours when do you think still provide good support/service? We are no provide reseller or dedicated hostings. So why I vilify to any reseller hosting provider? We have reseller hostings on a bigger hosting provider. But their response times(sales/support) about 30 minutes. I recommend them most times. But some times can be write bad reviews for them for some reasons, too. Because everyone want to find right hosting provider.

Also everyone see your ugly style speech. Give yourself a little spruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvand View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cmworley View Post
    Hello,

My apologies, if you'd like to send me an email directly please by all means do so. My email is chris.worley@arvixe.com or qa@arvixe.com. Thank you again for your understanding.
    Hi guys, I will send you an email with ticket numbers and some questions to clarify this once and for all. ~ Thank you.

Haha, that's a very bad starting experience. I hope they will soon fix this problem, or they will lose many clients (just like HG). :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast