Drop box like service?

I want to offer a drop box like service. Where people will pay me for xxx amount of hard drive in the cloud. They will then be able to upload anything that is allowed. It will be a private secured encrypted account. It's more like a service where people have their personal locker for any and all types of files. Then I'll also offer back up solutions.

But is there some type of software or even web script that is very secured and reliable with lots of features. It would also be great if I can customize the script easy.

Many thanks much appreciated.

The best scripts are written in-house so wont be available to buy. Problem is what is your Niche going to be?

I like https://www.wetransfer.com/ personally, great system.

I have a program called OwnCloud on my servers I just mainly use it as I can get a windows application and share the files with myself on different machines.

I haven't had an issue with them yet.
    Sapatana.eu ILoveBilling
    120Gbps DDoS Protection on Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, XEN Windows and Linux VPS, Domains, SSL Certificates
    PayPal | BitPay (BitCoin) | UK Bank Transfer | International Bank Transfer

owncloud is great and very easy to set up

Quote Originally Posted by saschoen View Post
    owncloud is great and very easy to set up
    Is it still on softaculous?
    Sapatana.eu ILoveBilling
    120Gbps DDoS Protection on Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, XEN Windows and Linux VPS, Domains, SSL Certificates
    PayPal | BitPay (BitCoin) | UK Bank Transfer | International Bank Transfer

Incredible stuff. I like the 7 days auto delete function as it saves their space and secure my files(At an acceptable level)
    Quote Originally Posted by PCS-Chris View Post
    The best scripts are written in-house so wont be available to buy. Problem is what is your Niche going to be?

I like https://www.wetransfer.com/ personally, great system.
    Alex - info[@]serverhk.org
    Server Hong Kong Company - The optimized choice
    No limitation at service scope but promise you always the best price for whatever service level required.

www.livedrive.com but you won't be able to control the servers. You'll just be able to resell it or resell white label.
    █ █ █

We switched from ownCloud to Bittorrent Sync and haven't looked back. It lacks a web interface for the end user, but the apps are on-par with Dropbox.

Their Linux server run's headless with a simple configuration file. Should be easy to build your own scripts around it for provisioning.

We just rolled out Anchor. It connects with our ticketing/billing system so it was a no brainer for us. Great web interface and applications.

http://anchorworks.com
    Andrew Wataszko - [email protected]
    Quartet Service Inc
    Cloud Services | Support Services | Technology Management Programs

DriveHQ has a function like this. I use them for few months and I am quite happy. They also have a limited space plan (I think its 1GB) which you can use before you buy.

ownCloud (https://owncloud.org/). It's open-source, extensible through plugins and comes with Desktop Sync Client compatible with all major OS.
    Web Hosting by Brontobytes

Quote Originally Posted by nimonogi View Post
    ownCloud (https://owncloud.org/). It's open-source, extensible through plugins and comes with Desktop Sync Client compatible with all major OS.
    We looked at ownCloud but it quickly got very expensive if you wanted any type of support and/or branding. They want to charge you 10K-15K upfront, then an annual fee for support.
    Andrew Wataszko - [email protected]
    Quartet Service Inc
    Cloud Services | Support Services | Technology Management Programs

Quote Originally Posted by LuxuryServers View Post
    I want to offer a drop box like service. Where people will pay me for xxx amount of hard drive in the cloud. They will then be able to upload anything that is allowed. It will be a private secured encrypted account. It's more like a service where people have their personal locker for any and all types of files. Then I'll also offer back up solutions.

But is there some type of software or even web script that is very secured and reliable with lots of features. It would also be great if I can customize the script easy.

Many thanks much appreciated.
    I've been a dropbox, Box.com and Google drive person for a while, lately i've decided to pull all my stuff from those services and setup a owncloud server (testing), just wanna control my own media you know.

I would suggest you give owncloud a test run, very easy to install on any server and you look like you run servers all day. There are many plugins for owncloud, one that I really like which allows you to upload music and play right in the browser without any other action required. Take a look at the feature set. http://owncloud.org/features/

They have a community edition so you can download and put on a server, setup on internet and give it a whirl. I suppose you can offer the community edition on a VPS and sell to clients. The skin is easy to change, so you can add their logo and give them the colour of their choice.
    www.ebbswebs.com
    Custom Web Design | Web Hosting Solutions | Content Management Solutions:
    |Business websites | Corporate intranets | Voip Services | Online Magazine | Websites for Schools | Video Driven Websites | Blog/Personal Websites |

Owncloud is great if you have a server. There is an app for almost every os and mobile os.
    WebHosting should be easy, it should just work.
    Durb.co Web Hosting