New Domain extensions

hi all
    i have a surname that is also a large multinational company.. is there any point in pre ordering a new extension due to be released soon??

all i want is myname.online

if so is there any webname company that is better than another to do this?? eg 1&1 is a large reseller.. are they better?

regards andy

Sure you can. If the company strictly protects their brand and trademarks you may experience legal trouble, though.

You don't know unless you try.

I would personally have more trust in a well established company such as 1&1 or others.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknightingale View Post
    if so is there any webname company that is better than another to do this?? eg 1&1 is a large reseller.. are they better?
    The company you register the name through is not there to "be on your side" should a dispute arise.
    ☆☆☆ Miss Names - Cool domain names for sale! - MissNames.com☆☆☆

☆☆☆ Find a new pet for your home ... Find a new home for your pet - WeGotPets.com☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by jacknightingale View Post
    eg 1&1 is a large reseller.. are they better?
    They are one of the worst. Search here and you will find plenty of horror stories.

Don't if you offer same kind of service or stuff even slightly matching their. Also if you host something which can cause bad reputation to them, doesn't matter how irrelevant you think it may be.
    Personal Blog/ Project, Not a lot of Problem /No Hate Speeches.

Do not use Similar looking Logo.
    Best:- Put a disclaimer regarding it with a link to their official site. (Easily Noticeable)

ICANN has been talking about them for years. It's basically new top level domain extensions (.com, .edu, .mil etc.) that can be basically anything, as they'll be able to be resolved to an IP.

The question is whenever the company in name has bought all other extensions? (.net, .info, .org, etc.)

There are lots of new TLDs coming and trademark owners will be given the possibility to register their domain before everyone else. If they don't show any interest during this period chances are that they won't bother.

What MikeIn said still applies. You are protected by the law as long as you don't do something sketchy (let's say my name is Coca Nike and I buy coca.online and nike.online to sell counterfeit products). Make sure to have at least a statement in your footer that you are not affiliated with "Company".