Early Bird pricing

Is it just me or did the price nearly double from two years ago? Looking at our bookkeeping, the early bird rate was $280 and the exhibition-only early bird rate was $60. This year the rate is $500 for the full conference and $200 for exhibits.

Is there normally this much fluctuation as the venue changes?
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

It sure has gone up.
    They have also increased the prices of the full conference pass.
    I think they should keep the prices stable as now HostingCon will happen in EU, India and China as well. Its possible the turn out at HostingCon USA will decline a little bit.
    Softaculous - Auto Installer for cPanel, Direct Admin, InterWorx, Plesk, H-Sphere
    The only Auto Installer that installs 260+ scripts. Install in just ONE STEP!
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 60+ OS Templates
    Webuzo - Softaculous for the Cloud i.e. Softaculous Standalone

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    Is it just me or did the price nearly double from two years ago?
    Yep, and no opt-out of lunch this time either
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I was planning on attending during my 2014 USA holiday
    Simply to see what was on offer (no business deals), any business deals would then be concluded on my return (which a visitors ESTA allows)
    However, at $500 and requiring to show a US Business Class VISA for entry, it sadly isn't going to happen
    Oh well, there's $500 to spend on something else...

Ironically it would be easier and cheaper for me to make a UK Embassy Application to walk round The White House!
    M8 INTERNET : Simple and cost effective website hosting from the UK
    M8 INTERNET : Google Ads Account Management

Quote Originally Posted by astutiumRob View Post
    Agreed. I didnt like the lunch last time.
    Softaculous - Auto Installer for cPanel, Direct Admin, InterWorx, Plesk, H-Sphere
    The only Auto Installer that installs 260+ scripts. Install in just ONE STEP!
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 60+ OS Templates
    Webuzo - Softaculous for the Cloud i.e. Softaculous Standalone

Quote Originally Posted by astutiumRob View Post
    Ah, that's it. $40 per meal per person. As long as we're getting steak (and open bar!) at each meal. But that means we'd need to forego all the networking opportunities that happen from hitting the local steakhouse / pub / brewhouse / burger joint with other companies and attendees. To be honest, most of our networking and value came from outside-the-convention networking and the tradeshow itself.

We may just book tradeshow-only this year, and catch up with everyone in the hotel / after-convention events / bar crawls / etc.
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."

Quote Originally Posted by m8internet View Post
    Simply to see what was on offer (no business deals), any business deals would then be concluded on my return (which a visitors ESTA allows)
    In 2012 FRH Dave did the sessions + tradeshow and I came along on a tradeshow-only pass. Dave reported that many of the sessions were pretty mediocre and/or poorly presented. On the other hand the tradeshow was definitely fun. We made quite a few contacts that we still work with today. A few vendors turned up their nose at talking to us once they learned how small we were, but we also made some really good connections that we still work with today.

Networking was the single biggest benefit. Since most of the networking occurred outside the sessions, and given the price hike for this year, we're thinking of doing a tradeshow-only pass this year.