PR6 website is writing an article about me.

So, a extremely popular website directly linked to my type of bussines is writing an article about me and im very exited!

However, i have a question about PR.
    The website homepage is PR6. The new articles that get submitted offcourse have PR0. How much weight will google put on this article with a link to my website from a PR0 subpage on that PR6 domain ?

Will there be 0 PR flow to my website or does google take the homepage of the PR6 website into acount?

Any information would be greatly apriciated!
      0 Not allowed!

PR is per page; you won't be getting much/if any benefit because the home page is PR6
      0 Not allowed!

All i needed to know! Thanks.
    Hopefully the article will get popular and linked to and whith some luck over time gather some PR.

It raises another question though. I read allot that people should gather natural PR buy having blogs wright about them. Seeing most blog articles have 0 PR does it have any benefit to have blog post mentioning you?

Or is there perhaps some google algorithm that will give you some credit for any popular site (according to google) who writes about you?

Maybe i should ask the questiong differently.
    A website that is extremely relevant to my bussines is writing an article about me. They are a very popular website with millions of visitors monthly. The article links directly to my page with a "follow link"

Although the website article at start will have 0 PR i wonder how this article will benefit me in terms of google rankings? If at all..

And will it benefit me more then some random link on a 0PR website that has little visitors?

It must.. i hope...
      0 Not allowed!

You way over thinking this and spending too much time worrying about it!!!!

The link will carry a certain amount of 'domain authority" in Google eye because of the PR6 home.

Why not just wait until the link goes up and see what happens to your rankings?
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm, perhaps i am. However your answers seems to contracdict or im mistaken your previous answer. In that PR and authority are 2 different things. In which case i get it.

<< Off googling "domain authority"
      0 Not allowed!

About article related so my opinion choose the high page rank and about PR0 related so mostly prefer on unique content and informative details your content is best so that is the best option for Article submission...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SASA Techno View Post
    About article related so my opinion choose the high page rank and about PR0 related so mostly prefer on unique content and informative details your content is best so that is the best option for Article submission...
    WTF are you talking about? WTF has this got to do with article submission? WTF has this got to do with choosing a high page rank page? Do you have any idea WTF you are talking about?
      0 Not allowed!

link from that site will benefit you a lot, no matter cos article have PR0, whole site have authority in googles eyes, and in mean time article will increase PR if you do some backlinking to that article if you want it to raise faster
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the tip!
      0 Not allowed!

I believe that your way of thinking about this is twisted.

The PR should not matter. The attention and publicity should matter to you. I suppose that the PR6 site owner is influential. This should bring additional visitors to your site, so you’ll get a spike of visitors over the next few days and then that will disappear.

You should look to retain those visitors and capture their attention. How about writing a page that welcomes them and promotes your best articles to them? After you’ve given them some value ask them to bookmark your site and sign up to your newsletter. Build a relationship with them in that manner or a similar manner.

How about maintaining a relationship with the PR6 site owner via email, thanking them for the publicity? How about writing a guest article on the PR6 site?

It’s more about usefulness, relationships and people it’s not just about link schemes, page rank and computer algorithms.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the good tips. Seeing im a store with 1 product i dont have any articles but i get your point.

The reason im focused on the PR is that my website is PR 0 but yet i have maintained a nr 1 spot in google for my most important keyword. However since 2 weeks ago i lost the nr1 spot and been pished back to nr 5. It has not bounced back yet and i figured getting my page to even pr1 would help a bit.

But yes, i see your point and i should look at the big picture.
    I will also take your advice in mind!
      0 Not allowed!

I understand your situation now a bit better.

Perhaps you could give the PR6 site's visitors a special coupon code to increase sales.

Another idea is to add a blog to your store where you can perhaps explain how to use some of the products better and offer various pieces of advice or reviews.

Just some ideas, but like you understood, look at the bigger picture as well. Not just the details.
      0 Not allowed!

IMO, usually a PR6 popular website has certain amount of readership. Though you won't benefit from homepage PR, you can still benefit from its readership especially if your post is high up on the home page.

If your content is unique and quality, search engine will rank the page.
      0 Not allowed!

WTF?
    Quote Originally Posted by IT Tech View Post
    I understand your situation now a bit better.

Perhaps you could give the PR6 site's visitors a special coupon code to increase sales.

Another idea is to add a blog to your store where you can perhaps explain how to use some of the products better and offer various pieces of advice or reviews.

Just some ideas, but like you understood, look at the bigger picture as well. Not just the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloggeroftheweb View Post
    IMO, usually a PR6 popular website has certain amount of readership. Though you won't benefit from homepage PR, you can still benefit from its readership especially if your post is high up on the home page.

If your content is unique and quality, search engine will rank the page.
    Do you two have any idea what you are talking about? Did you even read the original post or are you just parroting nonsense for the sake of it?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SASA Techno View Post
    Your post makes no sense man!

Why go for the PR0?
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with cbpayne, why the heck you need to worry about pagerank? They (Google) really don't want us to worry about it. This year they even slowed down tool bar updates.

Its old and outdated game. Chill!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by globalecampaign View Post
    PR is per page; you won't be getting much/if any benefit because the home page is PR6
    Yes PR is per page, but it flows from each page respectively. So if the page the OP is getting a link on is close to the homepage, the PR -- or 'link-juice' will be carried on to said page and won't loose much value.

OP, please send me a PM with the site in question, i can tell you how well the PR will be passed through.

Also, try not to get too hung up on toolbar pagerank, which is what you're talking about, as it's not been updated in 9 months and Google don't intend to update it anytime soon. Thus, the website could have an even higher pagerank, well done on acquiring this link, it'll be of great value to your SEO efforts if it's done editorially and organically.

Thanks.
    - Jack
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by God_ View Post
    Also, try not to get too hung up on toolbar pagerank, which is what you're talking about, as it's not been updated in 9 months and Google don't intend to update it anytime soon.
    They updated it 10 days ago!!!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cbpayne View Post
    They updated it 10 days ago!!!!!
    Can you link me to some sort of evidence? I think you're talking about non-toolbar PR -- which is constantly changes -- on a frequent basis
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by God_ View Post
    Can you link me to some sort of evidence? I think you're talking about non-toolbar PR -- which is constantly changes -- on a frequent basis
    Every webmaster/SEO forum has multiple threads on the update 10 days ago!
    Including this thread here at WebHosting Talk!:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1328667

This 'authoritative' article at SearchEngineland:
    http://searchengineland.com/google-t...-months-179238

You had to be living on another planet to have not known about it!
      0 Not allowed!

Every webmaster/SEO forum has multiple threads on the update 10 days ago!
    Including this thread here at WebHosting Talk!:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1328667

This 'authoritative' article at SearchEngineland:
    http://searchengineland.com/google-t...-months-179238

You had to be living on another planet to have not known about it!
    Okay thanks, i must confess, i haven't been as active on SEO blogs as i used to be. I found SEL to be the best source you linked to. Hopefully you understand my firm stance i had before, as i thought PR was dead as matt cutts' said there would be no update - at least not this year.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rado_Ch View Post
    Mate...he copy/pasted your exact answer from the 2nd post and now you don't agree with him?
    There is a BIG difference between 'Domain Authority' which is a metric that MOZ has on each domain and is NOT used in Google ranking algorithm and the 'authoritativeness of a domain' which google does appear to use as some sort of ranking parameter. Too may get the two mixed up.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by globalecampaign View Post
    ...so you obviously have not heard about "domain authority"?
    You are indeed correct about the difference between domain authority and authoritativeness. I was actually referring to this conversation
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.
      0 Not allowed!

Over some period of time that pr6 will become pr X to that article page so you will get some positive impact for sure.. But keep in mind that you should receive traffic to gain something for that pr exposure.. and not to worry much about that google pr
      0 Not allowed!

As you said that the website is highly relevant to your business and having a home page rank of 6, then obviously it is more beneficial than a link from any other PR0 website and with time it will get some PR updated for the page linked to you in the future, so you are always in profit because a link from a high PR website with non-relevant content is always less valuable than a link from a relevant website. And the plus point is you may get some visit from there as well because of the same time of audience.
      0 Not allowed!