What is wrong with Burstnet?

Something is really very wrong with burst net recently. I have a small VPS with them for 4 or 5 years already, there are occasional server/network down (like once a quarter), but usually those would be resolved within 24 hours if you file a ticket with them. So as long as you are not running mission critical stuff on them then you are fine. In fact, I had actually referred a couple of my friends to use their service.

However, something is really very wrong recently. My server has been down for more than 72 hours, I've sent 2 tickets, still no one take care of the problem. My server is still DOWN!!! I am not running mission critical stuff but 3 days is still too much! What is going on?

Hai,

Currently have the same problem. My client VPS suddently run out of disk space. Size 50GB, Used 3.9GB, But No available disk space left..
    =============================
    [email protected]:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs 50G 3.9G 0 100% /
    varrun 513M 52K 513M 1% /var/run
    varlock 513M 0 513M 0% /var/lock
    Have submit a ticket [QYY-391-45525}, more than 8 hours now, still havent got any single reply yet.. It's a high priority, but seems very2 low priority for BurstNet.
    Anyone know what's happening on BurstNet?

Well, only Burst can help all of you with your problems.

Cheap = slow support is normal :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

You can't complain what you pay for is what you get most times. Their services may not be that bad but at some point paying that price will cause you to run into minor problems like this. Maybe something is happening and there are other tickets a head if you?

Quote Originally Posted by elementsG View Post
    Something is really very wrong with burst net recently. I have a small VPS with them for 4 or 5 years already, there are occasional server/network down (like once a quarter), but usually those would be resolved within 24 hours if you file a ticket with them.
    Ticket number please? I'll check into it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Wira_Soenaryo View Post
    Hai,

Currently have the same problem. My client VPS suddently run out of disk space. Size 50GB, Used 3.9GB, But No available disk space left..
    [email protected]:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/simfs 50G 3.9G 0 100% /
    varrun 513M 52K 513M 1% /var/run
    varlock 513M 0 513M 0% /var/lock
    Have submit a ticket [QYY-391-45525}, more than 8 hours now, still havent got any single reply yet.. It's a high priority, but seems very2 low priority for BurstNet.
    Anyone know what's happening on BurstNet?
    From what I have seen this usually happens when the actual node is running out of disk space..

Obviously only burst can help you here since they know exactly what is wrong.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Finally got it fixed an hour ago...

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    From what I have seen this usually happens when the actual node is running out of disk space..

Obviously only burst can help you here since they know exactly what is wrong.

- Daniel

Hopefully OP has it fixed too...
    Hosting And Designs L.L.C. Since 2002 --> http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/HD/
    Tech Blog: http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/Blog/
    Sales: Lars A Jensen. Direct: 503-999-7518 9am-5+pm

I think is a "massive" problem

Burstnet have send this few minutes ago:

- - -

Dear Burstnet VPS Customer,
    We are contacting you to make you aware of an issue that is affecting OpenVZ Red Hat based VPS servers. This issue can effect Fedora and Centos based systems hosted on any VZ platforms. So this is not isolated to Burstnet OpenVZ VPS servers. If you do not have a Red Hat based Linux OS installed, then you can disregard this email.
    An update for Red Hat based operating systems was recently released by the developers of these Linux distributions, that breaks the IP route software installed on them. If the IP route software is broken, then the networking service for the operating system will not start and the VPS will not connect to the network. When a VPS is affected in this manner, Veportal may report that the VPS is started, however it will not be accessible over the internet. Please note that BurstNET does NOT push updates to VPS operating systems.
    If you cannot connect to your Red Hat based VPS server please contact technical support. Technical Support can be reached by email at [email protected] or through our ticket system https://support.burst.net . We have a fix that we can apply to customers’ VPS servers that will correct the issue and get the VPS back online.

Please be aware that a large amount of our OpenVZ VPS clients have Centos installed on their VPS servers. Because of this we have experienced a large influx in support tickets. If you have opened a ticket with support concerning your offline VPS please be patient, we are trying to correct this issue for customers as quickly as possible. In order to speed up the responses to these issues we must ask that you do not open multiple tickets for the same VPS server. Opening new tickets will NOT get you a faster response to your issue.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding in this matter.

BurstNET Customer Service Department

- - -

BurstNet = BAD

BurstNet is the problem!!! Much better Hosts to choose from other than the bottom of the barrel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patchworks View Post
    BurstNet is the problem!!! Much better Hosts to choose from other than the bottom of the barrel!!!
    Ridiculous comment---You should be ashamed of yourself.

Are we responsible for the programming maintenance of the OpenVZ system itself?

Any server on the Internet running OpenVZ is affected by the issue.

This has nothing to do with BurstNET specifically.
    Last edited by HostJedi; 12-09-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Not a fan of burstnet at all but they are not the cause issue mentioned in the post above yours by any stretch of imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Based on this thread the issue appears to affect only older RHEL5 / CentOS5 based nodes. Are you saying that's wrong, and it affects all OpenVZ systems no matter what OS the node runs?

But kudos for notifying your clients like this. I think all providers running affected systems should be doing the same.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Ridiculous comment---You should be ashamed of yourself.

Are we responsible for the programming maintenance of the OpenVZ system itself?

This has nothing to do with BurstNET specifically.
    BurstNET is one of the worst HOSTS EVER!!! And if this is the CEO Mark or whatever his name is; Im sorry but that is about the worst customer service I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!! Now, I refer my worst ENEMIES to BurstNET! BurstNet is in the category with all the EIG HOSTS that are now bad like HOSTGATOR, BLUEHOST and other EIG Companies!

You can look up my thread here which was a about 2 weeks long and shows their horrible service!!! Best of luck if you go down this path!

SHAME ON YOU!!! Provide a better service!!!

You can look up my thread here which was a about 2 weeks long and shows their horrible service!!! Best of luck if you go down this path!
    Just for future search records, that thread has you demeaning and abusing Burst.net support. Many people on this forum rightly called you out as being a jackass. It doesn't look like your nature has improved. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by tchen View Post
    Just for future search records, that thread has you demeaning and abusing Burst.net support. Many people on this forum rightly called you out as being a jackass. It doesn't look like your nature has improved. *sigh*

AND he is now blaming us for OpenVZ having a bug.
    Some people...
    It's actually almost amusing with this guy...his posts being so ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by tchen View Post
    I remember several people supporting my claim that BURSTNET IS THE WORST HOST EVER!!

And if I had the time I bet I could find link between you and the compnay; but I have other things to do!! OP, best of luck!!

PEACE OUT!!