Consider following when deciding new name:
2) Easy to pronounce
3) Easy to remember
█ YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
█ Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
█ 99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
█ LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials
Not to many people will promote ideas to this topic because what ever they have to suggest most times it a good name which most times they don't even share with anyone because they don't want anyone taking their name or idea.
It took me a while to pick a company name that will make me feel at home. The name I choose if luxuryservers I would like for my clients to feel like they are out on vacation at a hotel. We make sure to make out customers experience feel as smooth as possible without any errors or problems with our services.
everything in life has pros and cons
what you're about is discussed under: trademarks, brand naming and domain names
you have two routs:
- genuine name (ex: mozilla, google, yahoo, twitter, pepsi, cocacola, godaddy)
It will have one main condition: not used ever before in business as a name of product/service/company
- descriptive name (ex: web hosting talk, hotmail)
It will have one main condition:
not used - this exact - ever before in business
- hybrid name: mix between a meaningful, related name, coined with another name, and both forming a (new brand name), never used or thought about before (silverlight, hotmail, servervault, wirenine, 24live, 7x24something)
- Genuine: easy to get registered as trade mark in US, and to win any dispute over it
- Descriptive: hard to register - (R) symbol - , but easy to find online and remember "at beginning". but after a while, with marketing the newly born mark, only marketing efforts, customer-ship, and market presense will be the only factor of getting the "mind share" of market segments of consumers.