Thread: DDos-guard.net

DDos-guard.net

I don't know if im on right section but i would tell you my problem.

Today i paid ddos-guard.net for net service protection.
    They gave me an IP which i have add on my lineage2 server.
    When i opened my server, all of my players got the same ip adresse (the one they gave me for ddos protection). All players stucked on login when they tried to create an account or log in my server.
    Cause of same IP adresse, my server didnt let them to spam MASS Create or MASS login.
    I had disable all files include brute, floods, same ips etc.
    They gave me those options too. AFter all that..they told me that they can not do anything.
    So..i asked my moneys back cause i wasn't happy of their service.
    They said me, that i would fix it alone, i would read some guides before etc. And also is not their FAULT. So they wont give me moneys back.

Sorry for my english.
    Last edited by SterlingVG; 11-29-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Text seems legit!

I think they should give you the money back since is the first day of use

This is an issue with the game server itself, a fix must be done there in order to it work properly.
    HyperFilter DDoS Protection Solutions - https://www.hyperfilter.com
    Specializing in DDoS Protected Hosting Services (The Netherlands / Amsterdam) | Libera Chat IRC Sponsors
    Dedicated Servers • Cloud Servers • Colocation • Remote Protection Services • Web Hosting

You will have to buy a dedicated server or VPS for such thing to work properly on a game server.

Anyway, don't go with ddos-guard.net, I had so many issues with them. (Random null-routes, random disconnections, server down randomly for 30-60 minutes, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingVG View Post
    I don't know if im on right section but i would tell you my problem.

Today i paid ddos-guard.net for net service protection.
    They gave me an IP which i have add on my lineage2 server.
    When i opened my server, all of my players got the same ip adresse (the one they gave me for ddos protection). All players stucked on login when they tried to create an account or log in my server.
    Cause of same IP adresse, my server didnt let them to spam MASS Create or MASS login.
    I had disable all files include brute, floods, same ips etc.
    They gave me those options too. AFter all that..they told me that they can not do anything.
    So..i asked my moneys back cause i wasn't happy of their service.
    They said me, that i would fix it alone, i would read some guides before etc. And also is not their FAULT. So they wont give me moneys back.

Sorry for my english.
    The problem is that you're using a reverse proxy for a game server. Assuming you're not using Windows, a GRE tunnel would work (but cause more latency). The most logical solution would be a dedicated server on a DDoS protected network.

I think you should make some config on your game server to fix it.

I agree with @IRCCo Jeff , if it is reverse proxy you should know reverse proxy have some issue with game servers. I recommend you to move to BlackLotus DDoS Protected network. They are really do good job.
    Last edited by Genius Guard; 12-01-2013 at 05:54 PM.

It doesnt need to be a dedicated server with protection, he will be able to have a Lineage2 game server with a reverse proxy without any issue, all he will need to do is make some changes in his application, its very easy to fix this issue.
    HyperFilter DDoS Protection Solutions - https://www.hyperfilter.com
    Specializing in DDoS Protected Hosting Services (The Netherlands / Amsterdam) | Libera Chat IRC Sponsors
    Dedicated Servers • Cloud Servers • Colocation • Remote Protection Services • Web Hosting