Question Cpanel - how to setup different SSL cert for parked domain?

Hello,

With the new cpanel 11.40 version, it's apparently possible to use SNI for ssl certs. This is supposed to allow multiple certs to be installed for one IP.

I am trying to install two ssl certs for a single cpanel account, but can't get it working correctly. The account has "maindomain.com" as the main domain, and "parkeddomain.com" as a parked domain under it.

I want to set it up like this:

maindomain.com <-- Install cert for "maindomain.com" here.
    parkeddomain.com <-- Install cert for "parkeddomain.com" here.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    it's apparently possible to use SNI for ssl certs.
    Unless you can be sure your visitors are going to be using an SNI supported OS/Browser I wouldn't exactly bother with it

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Unless you can be sure your visitors are going to be using an SNI supported OS/Browser I wouldn't exactly bother with it
    That's not an issue for the customer. They understand that their ssl certs won't work for some older browsers.

The problem is getting the parked domain to "see" the ssl cert for it. When I install the ssl cert for "maindomain.com", then it switches both the parked and main domain to use that cert. If I install the cert for 'parkeddomain.com' then it switches both to use that cert instead.

I can't seem to be able to assign the ssl cert for "maindomain.com" to that domain only, and then the ssl cert for "parkedomain.com" to that domain only.

??
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

its possible to install SSL by amending the IP for parked domain editing the /var/cpanel/userdata/user/ files. Please have a search through the cpanel forums and you can find a link, just that i don't remember the link now.

I ended up changing it from a parked domain to an addon domain and then set the document root to the same as the main domain. So it's still effectively "parked" on the same website files.

Then the ssl manager/installer let me install the 2nd ssl cert with no problem.

How to put addon domains over the root folder?

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    I ended up changing it from a parked domain to an addon domain and then set the document root to the same as the main domain. So it's still effectively "parked" on the same website files.

Then the ssl manager/installer let me install the 2nd ssl cert with no problem.

On my cPanel I am not able to put addon domains ovre the root folder, how did you do that? Can not I just do like this tutorial: digicert.com/ssl-support/apache-multiple-ssl-certificates-using-sni.htm
    Thank you!

I am trying to install two ssl certs for a single cpanel account, but can't get it working correctly. The account has "maindomain.com" as the main domain, and "parkeddomain.com" as a parked domain under it.
    I guess this is not working, because a main domain and a parked domain uses the same VirtualHost and only one certificate/key location is mentioned in the virtualhost. On the other hand, when you added an addon domain, it created a separate virtual host for it and hence it worked. I am not 100% sure this is the case, but I guess so.

Get a Multi domain SSL certificate. These validate multiple domain names in a single cert file. So setting up that one certificate file for the primary domain will also work for the parked one.
    WordPress plugins | Blog | @jesin_a

@DivinePrad, if cPanel isn't allowing you to use the primary public_html folder for your addons, create symlinks to your public_html folder as needed and use those.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

Quote Originally Posted by diegpl View Post
    On my cPanel I am not able to put addon domains ovre the root folder, how did you do that? Can not I just do like this tutorial: digicert.com/ssl-support/apache-multiple-ssl-certificates-using-sni.htm
    Thank you!
    This is not working because your provider doesn't allow adding a domain to hostname. It is excluded to avoid conflicts. You will find most of the shared hosting companies are not allowing to do such.

if cPanel isn't allowing you to use the primary public_html folder for your addons, create symlinks to your public_html folder as needed and use those.
    Theoretically, this may not work or cause security issues. On a suphp server, you may need to ensure the links belongs to group nobody. Again, nobody may not be able to run exec in symlinks. How this would work, will depend on your host's security policy.
    Mellowhost - Providing High Quality Web Hosting Services since 2007
    SSD Cpanel Shared, SSD OpenVZ & KVM VPS Hosting
    A Hosting Provider with Complete SSD VPS & Shared Hosting.