How to get back hijacked domains from my reseller account

Sad story: my domain reseller account was compromised and the attacker was able to transfer some of my domains out to another registrar. I reacted almost immediately and asked the registrar to stop the transfers but the attacker was able to delay the response by blocking my access to the reseller account.

Finally, I was able to prove that I am the rightful owner of the reseller account to the registrar but the damage was already done, 7 domains (including my hosting business domain, sigh) have been transferred away.

How can I get the domains back? The attacker impersonated me to the registrar support staff so that is clearly fraud. Knowing that doesn't help my case much though. Do I have any recourse?

Who is the registrar? Did you have a direct reseller account or a sub-reseller account?

OnlineNIC. It is a direct accout (not a subreseller).

Is your domain moved (within same registrar) or transferred (to different registrar).

If its within OnlineNIC, you can get easily.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Transferred to another registrar, unfortunately.

Email the other registrar with proof of ownership, ask current one to contact them on your behalf as well. Get the ball rolling on recovery.

Already did contact the other registrar. They say they cannot do anything since the transfer from their side was legitimate. Since the attacker had access to the reseller account, they changed admin contact and confirmed the transfers themselves.

OnlineNIC suggests I should go through UDRP but this is not a trademark dispute so I am not sure UDRP is even applicable.

Call. Speak to somebody. You will normally have to fax photo ID.
    █ █ █

I have provided a copy of my driver's license (which, somehow, ended in the attacker's hands!! I think they were given access to my support account as well). I have also sent my passport, credit card and one more document. I think I established my identity to OnlineNIC quite well.

The "winning" registrar won't talk to me at all because the transfers look legit from their perspective.

The steps above have proven (I think) my identity to OnlineNIC but since the transfers have completed I am not sure how to go about retrieving the domains back.

Quote Originally Posted by rotoiti View Post
    I have provided a copy of my driver's license (which, somehow, ended in the attacker's hands!! I think they were given access to my support account as well). I have also sent my passport, credit card and one more document. I think I established my identity to OnlineNIC quite well.

The "winning" registrar won't talk to me at all because the transfers look legit from their perspective.

The steps above have proven (I think) my identity to OnlineNIC but since the transfers have completed I am not sure how to go about retrieving the domains back.
    Who is the Receiving/winning Registrar? Aren't registrars registered with some internet association ICANN or something? So I don't think they would just "turn the blind eye" and risk losing their license to be a registry. Clearly, fraud is taking place.

Name Silo is the receiving registrar.

Best way go by legal way
    SixVM - Build your own VM you want!

Quote Originally Posted by SixVM View Post
    Best way go by legal way
    Not necessarily. Legal fees will eat you up. You will probably get better results if you just offer some money.
    My Site : Chi Chi's Floral [Under Construction - Link Coming Soon!]

Hosted by: Myhosting.com - 10 months and counting!