Account suspnded for being less than 5% over inode limit Certified Hosting

Be warned. Very problematic.

Did you get any warning before being suspended?

its an unlimited plan, so it does not surprise me.

What is their limit exactly? Were you possibly using a fair chunk of other resources as well?

Looks like Josh has a little issue reading TOS's, judging by your signature Josh I presume you're wanting WHT to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshbc View Post

there is a limit for a reason. if you exceed it, suspended. that's how the world works.

you're over the legal limit, you go to jail, you don't get warned

Yes. It must be given in TOS, I am sure enough. I think just go through it once before creating any dispute. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_matt View Post
    What is their limit exactly?
    Their terms say:
    "13.4 INODES: The use of more than 250,000 inodes on any shared account will result in a warning, and if no action is taken future suspension. Accounts found to be exceeding the 100,000 inode limit will automatically be removed from our backup system to avoid over-usage."

According to their terms you should have received a warning before suspension. However, less than 5% over, say 4% over is a fair whack at 10,000 inodes.

Don't you just love unlimited hosting, learn the lesson and move on

Inode Limts

That sucks!

Inode limitations are a pain in the butt, even an email counts as one as do databases.

The answer is of course, tough, if that is what is in their TOS, then I am afraid that's it.

I would advise finding another provider and before you take out a plan check if there are inode limitations, if you dont see anything in the TOS then there should not ... but a quick email to clarify is a good idea before you accept any offers.

Where do you draw the line as to how far you can exceed a limit before a suspension is put in place? 5%? 20%? 100%?

Just curious...

You were over the limit. What's wrong with suspending? Why are you placing a warning here?

Taken Signatures out of the equation.

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We do send out a couple of warning emails prior to any account suspension. Are you able to reply to your ticket and we can assist you with removing some unneeded files and get your account active again for you?

I am very happy to see a response from the company to the Op's problem, that is very nice to see and I really hope the issue can be resolved

Speaking tentatively and not wishing to provoke anyone, although a TOS issue, I really would love to see the end of this. The whole Inode thing, is sort of old now, with today's scripts, and so forth, it seems to me (anyway) this issue while perhaps reasonable in times gone by is now antiquated.

Maybe time to review and get more modern, and I genuinely mean that with respect to both parties

Quote Originally Posted by certifiedhosting View Post
    Sorry to hear about the trouble. We do send out a couple of warning emails prior to any account suspension. Are you able to reply to your ticket and we can assist you with removing some unneeded files and get your account active again for you?
    Thank you for your help guys. As always I support Certified Hosting, they have one of the bet if not the Best ever Customer Support teams. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by jack1616 View Post
    Speaking tentatively and not wishing to provoke anyone, although a TOS issue, I really would love to see the end of this. The whole Inode thing, is sort of old now, with today's scripts, and so forth, it seems to me (anyway) this issue while perhaps reasonable in times gone by is now antiquated.

Maybe time to review and get more modern, and I genuinely mean that with respect to both parties
    What would you suggest for "unlimited" hosts, so those "unlimited" hosts can prevent resource abuse while still getting to advertise their "unlimited" offerings? The INODE limit in the Terms of Service has been an effective way for those "unlimited" hosts to advertise "unlimited" disk space while still having some enforceable limit on disk space to prevent one cheap account from using all of the server resources. What would be a good modern replacement for limiting disk space usage to a reasonable amount in so called "unlimited" hosting plans?

There is a massive consumer demand (especially from newbies) for cheap, flat rate "unlimited" hosting services, even though the notion of "unlimited" is effectively nothing more than a scam. "Unlimited" bandwidth enforced through rate limiting combined with "unlimited" disk space enforced through INODE limits is definitely not really an unlimited service. Even though it is clearly a scam (in that "unlimited" gets redefined as limited through the TOS), many customers are still quite happy with the arrangement. The only way for the "unlimited" nonsense to ever truly end would be if millions of consumers decided to suddenly avoid "unlimited" hosts.

Happy to see we got it all worked out Joshbc

Thank you for your help guys. As always I support Certified Hosting, they have one of the bet if not the Best ever Customer Support teams. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF View Post
    Looks like Josh has a little issue reading TOS's, judging by your signature Josh I presume you're wanting WHT to do the same.
    MAtt seems to have a problem with flaming others.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSupportLinuxHostin View Post
    There is a massive consumer demand (especially from newbies) for cheap, flat rate "unlimited" hosting services, even though the notion of "unlimited" is effectively nothing more than a scam. "Unlimited" bandwidth enforced through rate limiting combined with "unlimited" disk space enforced through INODE limits is definitely not really an unlimited service. Even though it is clearly a scam (in that "unlimited" gets redefined as limited through the TOS), many customers are still quite happy with the arrangement. The only way for the "unlimited" nonsense to ever truly end would be if millions of consumers decided to suddenly avoid "unlimited" hosts.
    I think you wrote that perfectly.

how did we get from your first post(s) to this? if this statement was true, this thread would not exist.

Well, that's what happends if you use free unlimited hosting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Craigp123 View Post
    Well, that's what happends if you use free unlimited hosting lol
    My bill is $500 for 3 years so I would expect better treatment.

Again, unlimited host.