Providers with good networks, other than LSN?

I've been a LSN customer for almost 3 years now. Although their service is good and I really like their network, in terms of reliability & latency. What I don't like is that their prices are a bit high, especially because I negotiated this price 3 years ago and the server specs seem out of date now.

What I'm looking for is:

8GB or more RAM
    60GB or more SSD
    3.2 GHz Quad Core Processor (Ideally Xeon)
    1Gbps link
    10TB bandwidth
    Ideal location in Central US
    Low latency Network with redundant links
    Windows 2012 Essentials
    8 IPs

Is it do-able for $100 or less?

FYI, I did look at datashack but I'm concerned about their response time & network reliability.

Do you need "unmetered" or is 10TB enough at 1Gbps.

Quote Originally Posted by HD_Chris View Post
    Do you need "unmetered" or is 10TB enough at 1Gbps.
    Don't need unmetered...just want 1Gbps to handle traffic peaks. The host has to have a good & fast network though.

The problem is that you require Windows, where the licensing fees are already between 25-35 USD. Then also the 1 Gbit port and IPs.
    So you are looking for such server for 50-60 USD.

I am not saying it's impossible, but if you are looking for a reliable partner with a good network, the budget won't cover it.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7group View Post
    The problem is that you require Windows, where the licensing fees are already between 25-35 USD. Then also the 1 Gbit port and IPs.
    So you are looking for such server for 50-60 USD.

I am not saying it's impossible, but if you are looking for a reliable partner with a good network, the budget won't cover it.
    Limestone networks is offering Server 2012 Essentials for $5/month. I guess you're looking at Standard Edition, which is expensive.

Also, I need 1Gbps to make sure my server handles peaks easily, my data transfer actually won't be that much.

You got quite a good deal there if you currently pay only 100 USD for it, why leave? To save a few bucks?
    Those few bucks might cost you more bucks if the wrong choice is made.

If I were you I would just stay, 100 USD a month for a server is really not much

Also:

The 'Windows Essentials' license for CPU cores cost more than the Standard Edition, so I think you are reporting SAL licenses where you should report CPU licenses for dedicated servers.
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7group View Post
    You got quite a good deal there if you currently pay only 100 USD for it, why leave? To save a few bucks?
    Those few bucks might cost you more bucks if the wrong choice is made.

If I were you I would just stay, 100 USD a month for a server is really not much
    Just to be clear, the configuration I posted is NOT what I have with LSN currently. My current config is pretty basic & old

2GB RAM
    Core2Quad Q6600
    250GB Hard Disk (SATA)
    100Mbps link (5TB Limit)
    Windows Server 2008 Web

I see plenty of providers that are offering the config that I want...for around $100 or less. I'm just not up-to-date on the hosts with good networks, so wanted to see what my options are.

Ok I fully understand your concern. Best way is to contact the providers and check the latency and do some speedtests, then evalulate your results.
    Or have a chat with LSN sales and see if they can maybe give you a better deal after all, you're a long-term customer.

In terms of good networks go, PhoenixNAP/SecuredServers are top-notch. I've never experienced an outage with them. They're not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. They have multiple locations across the United States.
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    In terms of good networks go, PhoenixNAP/SecuredServers are top-notch. I've never experienced an outage with them. They're not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. They have multiple locations across the United States.
    Thanks for the kind words!
    SingleHop | Chicago - New York - Phoenix - Amsterdam | People Empowered by Automation
    TJ Waldorf | VP, Inside Sales & Marketing | @tj_waldorf | twaldorf @ singlehop.com | poweredby.ai

Quote Originally Posted by Need4Speed View Post
    What I don't like is that their prices are a bit high, especially because I negotiated this price 3 years ago and the server specs seem out of date now.
    Yes ... me too in LSN .. I was paying us$160 for 4 years for a Q9650, 8gb RAM server, and I am still paying us$130, It is very expensive compared to the new servers.. And do not use more than 5GB (yes, 5gb monthtly) of monthly traffic
    WebSitePanel/ MspControl / SolidCP / Smartermail / Installation / Configuration / Troubleshooting / Migrations
    Windows Server Management / Security / Hardening
    I speak English and Spanish

If you talk to LSN about upgrading to a new server, they can probably give you a good deal. They offer hard drive swaps, etc too.