VPS Recommendation?

Hello,

I was originally looking for a new reseller plan provider to move my existing HostGator plan to. I now think a fully managed VPS might be a better solution as I am a bit concerned about growth and performance.

Here is what I am looking for:

• 50 GB or more disk
    • 1024 MB or more ram (1.5 GB or 2.0 GB would be ideal)
    • 500 GB or more monthly bandwidth
    • US based data center
    • cPanel/WHM included
    • WHMCS or other billing system included for free
    • 1 free dedicated IP to install a SSL cert
    • Ability to use my own private nameservers
    • Daily backups
    • 100% fully managed
    • 4 hour or less ticket response
    • 24/7/365 phone based support PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
    • Linux
    • Some type of automated software installer for WordPress, Shopping carts, etc.
    • Dedicated/Guaranteed resources
    • 99.99% uptime with a strong SLA guarantee

My budget is: $50 per month (US)

I currently have about 80 hosting accounts. Most of them are very small (under 50 MB disk and nearly nonexistent transfer). 5 of these are larger (300-600 MB and about 1 GB of monthly transfer). I anticipate adding another 100 accounts in the next year, with most of these being of the smaller variety.

Thanks.

Have you looked at HostGators VPS plans? If i had to personally recommend someone for a VPS it would be MDDhosting. See if they have coupons that will get their pricing down to your requirements.

- Daniel

Any preferred virtualization platform?
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by ControlVM View Post
    Any preferred virtualization platform?
    Not really. I think OpenVZ would be better for my needs in terms of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by embsupafly View Post
    Hello,
    I was originally looking for a new reseller plan provider to move my existing HostGator plan to. I now think a fully managed VPS might be a better solution as I am a bit concerned about growth and performance.
    Why you are moving away from HG. I can see lots of people moving away from HG because of server down / bad support.

1024 MB or more ram (1.5 GB or 2.0 GB would be ideal)
    2GB would be better if you are looking for cPanel server. Your VPS may go offline because of low memory during peak time, like when creating cPanel backup of all accounts etc.

Daily backups
    Even if VPS provider don't provide daily backup, you can spend few more bucks ($3-4) and get a cheap VPS to save your VPS backup on a remote server. I recommend backupsy.com for backup purpose.

My budget is: $50 per month (US)
    Your budget is decent. WiredTree, FutureHosting, KnownHost, HawkHost are reputed provider. Although, I have no personal experience with any.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    Have you looked at HostGators VPS plans? If i had to personally recommend someone for a VPS it would be MDDhosting. See if they have coupons that will get their pricing down to your requirements.

- Daniel
    I am trying to leave HostGator, actually, I am trying to run away very fast. Horrible service and only getting worse.

MDDhosting seems very, very, expensive for the resources they offer. I know they are a favorite here one WHT, but just way too much for my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by ravi_9793 View Post
    Why you are moving away from HG. I can see lots of people moving away from HG because of server down / bad support.
    Yes, for my experience, HostGator's support has slowly become bad and now horrible. I had one ticket that took over 24 hours to respond and two more that have never been responded to (its been about 5 days now). It is insane that it has gotten to this point. They used to be fantastic, I now want to run away.

Do you have a specific location withing the USA in mind? Try the offer section. I'm sure you will find something to work with over there.

Get a knownhost.

No pain, no suffering, just peace of mind.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Did you try the advertising forum? their is alot of vps provider can match your requirement.

I listen more and more complaints about HostGator these days. Go for Wiredtree or KnowHost (from my experience)

Hi

not sure if the budget is enough

specially that cpanel + whmcs will cost you or the provider around 30$

so the remaining are only 20$

were you need fully managed VPS with dedicated resources, daily backups and 2GB of RAM .

if it was un-managed you can find a host easily but with real full management i am not sure if you will find alot.

what do you expect when saying fully managed?
    Thanks
    XenServer VPS and Cloud VPS
    Extremely cheap Windows and Linux VPS
    https://servarica.com

Did you checked arrivex ? if not please checkout their plan . I think that meet your requirement.
    AdroitSSD LLC - Incredible™ Cloud Hosting Platform | Monthly 100% Uptime Record
    Cheap Hosting - Lightspeed | Softaculuos | SpamExpert | - Higher Disk I/O | 30Min Ticket Response
    WordPress Optimized SSD Hosting | Pure SSD | Realtime Malware Scanner | cPanel

I have tried digitalocean and they're pretty sweet. Not sure if they have cpanel or not however.

How about knownhost? << Removed hearsay. >>
    Last edited by writespeak; 01-17-2014 at 02:55 PM.