is this ok to offer free hosting and exchange of sponsor by link on website?

Hi,
    I got an offer from some one that they offer me to provide them free hoating servi e to exchange with sponsor by link on their website.
    Should I take this offer or refuse them?
    their site is fair good but I am not sure that will this kind of step will effact on TOS of any thing?
    please advice.
    Thanks and regards
    Hosting for Wordpress Lovers
    Host with loves.

If you want, take it. You can still enforce your ToS, just state that they don't have to pay but that they must maintain your ad.
    Now however before you do consider this - if they can't even afford your server which is supposed to be a very normal expense for websites, what impression does that give you for how well they're doing? financially? etc.

If it's a benefit to your company, than I would accept the offer.

Give it a try, but know your limits. Clear out things first.

5. If the site is good enough then there is no problem doing so.
    Compare the best web hosting at best-web-hosting.org

here is what gona exchange
    from me = hosting and domain name with maintaining of the website (hosting issues) all should be unlimited space and bandwidth
    from them = Banner on top ( header & footer ) let me become one of their admin of website to be able to add my ads (extra ads) any where in website as much as i want, and full access to add posts and other stuffs.
    this is what i have offer them to accept isn't it too much to ask?
    I will get answer with in couple of hours. Feeling nervous and cross fingers for to let them accept my offer. Because they are quite good site in Local community. Got up to 2000 visit per day.
    Host with loves.

I believe I would do this for someone. We all hit upon hard times sometimes and need an escape. Even if it is just building a website on the internet connection you can barely afford. Try and make some extra money somehow.

There are a variety of ways that things could be bartered to ensure mutual benefit if you wanted something in return. It sounds like you have a deal set up already and is something I would be agreeable with.

I would likely watch the account a little extra for spam/phishing/badstuffs if I did not know them personally. Have to watch out for those con persons, attempting to appeal to your good side to get an account to send as much email spam and phishing sites as they can before they get shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by MadzcoHosting View Post
    I believe I would do this for someone. We all hit upon hard times sometimes and need an escape. Even if it is just building a website on the internet connection you can barely afford. Try and make some extra money somehow.

There are a variety of ways that things could be bartered to ensure mutual benefit if you wanted something in return. It sounds like you have a deal set up already and is something I would be agreeable with.

I would likely watch the account a little extra for spam/phishing/badstuffs if I did not know them personally. Have to watch out for those con persons, attempting to appeal to your good side to get an account to send as much email spam and phishing sites as they can before they get shut down.
    well i know them personally and host their site over year and got answer as a yes from them hope that the ads can make some income:thumbup::thumbup:
    Host with loves.

I would do it depending on the deal.

Sounds like you got a good exchange going on hope everything works out.

Ain't nothing wrong with offering web hosting and some webmaster skills for banners on a popular site.

Sponsored link exchange is fairly common. Usually it goes the other way around. Like you contact a charity organization to make a donation in exchange for backlink. Because you are a hosting provider you can offer free hosting instead of a donation. Do this a few times and it might help your google rankings.

It really depends on the scenario. I'd ensure there's a contract involved -- as much as it's tedious, there needs to be a set of rules involved for either party.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Depends on the scenario.
    We have a few "partners" like that, mostly are organisations, non profit or friends' small business sites.
    I host them for free, we get a small link in the footer or a banner on top but the best one really is that they would recommend us to anyone who asks them.
    It's a win - win situation IMO.

If you get value from it and they get value from it then isn't that what trade is? If the values you each receive are equitable then you's be crazy not to do it.

thanks for some great ideas as making contract and other stuffs.
    I have completed all the legal stuffs and now hosting their website for free and looks like every thing is fine and in great shape.
    Host with loves.

I see no problem here. Especially if the sites linked include quality content.

It's a win-win. The person gets free hosting, and you get advertising. (If it is a popular site)

Could you potentially use a php script to check if they have the banner up on a daily basis?

For me it would depend on how they wrote their request. If it looked like they hardly put any effort into it and has a bunch of spelling errors, grammatical errors and whatnot, definitely not.

If it's the opposite, then it's something to consider. This is something that is your call to make though.