Webhosting Reseller Upgrading to VPS

I'm have 4 webhosting reseller accounts hosted on two providers (two reseller accounts each provider). Both are full but I have decided instead of getting a fifth reseller I'm going for a VPS and at the same time maybe transfer one or two of my reseller accounts.

Please recommend a VPS provider
    -Price: currently I'm spending around $50 for a 25GB disk space on one of my provider. In my latest search I notice that VPS are now as cheap as $50 with bigger disk space. I know I have to pay extra for cPanel and other licenses so around $75 is my budget (can stretch up to $100 if needed)

-RAM and CPU: I'm not really sure what I need but as long as it competes with a decent reseller hosting is fine with me (please recommend what should I look for).

-HDD: as long as ratio $1.25 per GB is met. Cheaper is better of course but will not trade for stability

-Bandwidth: I sell with a ratio of 10GB bandwidth for every GB of Disk space. so plus provision for upgrade and local backups I'm guessing ratio of 30:1.

-IP: I need some clarification here is it best to have 2 IP one for each NS? I read in some article that they only use 1 and the other they the provider IP. Is this a wise choice?

-Control Panel: cPanel/WHM

-billing software: I currently do everything manual, billing and creating accounts since most of my clients pay cash/check

-FULL Manage Service, if possible one that offers a live tech chat with phone support or at least a fast response time 24/7/365 30mins max reponse if possible. I live in South East Asia. I do not care where is my server is located as long as service can be done during MY office ours

-Clients are small business and use emails as their major communication. Most of their websites are either plain HTML or CMS (majority wordpress and joomla)

I have already checked liquidweb and knowhost
    Liquidweb almost fit my need except for the backup fee. At $0.12/GB I can only afford to do 2 to 3 backups. Starting price $61 (75GB disk space + cPanel + Manage service + 1 extra IP) no back ups. with backups (3 time a week) will cost up to $88 (if all disk is used up)

Knowhost free backups, can start as low as $30 (20GB disk space + cPanel + Manage Service) and compete with liquidweb at $65 for the 80GB disk space. No live tech chat nor phone support. Not cloud hosting

I also check askforhost but their chat doesn't work. Also emailed servint thru their chat two hours ago but no reply yet (I do understand that it went to their sales and sales only work office hours)

Any other stable VPS provider?

SOME CONCERNS:
    Also can you clear if I need a third party VPS manager? should I purchase unmanage then get a third party VPS manager? are Cloud hosting and SSD harddisk need? How many is the ideal number of clients I should put in 1 VPS?

SUMMARY:
    In short I want a stable reliable VPS at a reasonable price that is an UPGRADE for a reseller hosting and I should be at least earn as much.

Thanks for your time reading my long post.

Okay your budget is rather than good if you moving from the reseller account that you have mentioned.
    but need some summary, how much Space, bandwidth, RAM, CPU you looking for?
    I would say get a 2GB VPS with Cpanel. and save $$$
    Cloudzy
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Bitcoin VPS | Forex VPS
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, PerfectMoney, CryotoCurrency and Bitcoin
    In business for more than 14 years - Since 2008

If you need managed VPS then I'd suggest to checkout futurehosting or wiredtree. They have good reputation here. I used both company and service was good.
    ExonHost - In Business Since 2009 - 24/7 Real Support | Multiple Locations
    █ NVMe SSD | cPanel | LiteSpeed - Accelerate Your Website, Maximum Performance!

A managed VPS from Site5 is like a reseller account on steroids. They manage it, and there's no root access (for you, or the hackers).
    Same for Namecheap managed plans.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Before going with a managed VPS, ask yourself what do you expect from a "managed" VPS and then ask your provider if they provide it.
    Installation - yes.
    Firewall setup - ?
    OS updates - ?
    cPanel/.. updates - ?
    Adding/removing/configuring software and modules - ?

Most managed VPS lack them besides the initial installation.
    Are they going to update your PHP version?
    Are they going to configure MySQL?
    What if your require to open custom ports in the firewall?
    What if your client requires a PHP module?

with your budget if you shop around a bit you could probably get
    2 VPS's that would fit your needs. likely with backups and management along with it.

Their are plenty of excellent providers
    if LW/KW does not fit the bill shop around and ask questions
    a lot of them.

AS Omiar put it "managed" VPS means different things to different providers

Before going with a managed VPS, ask yourself what do you expect from a "managed" VPS and then ask your provider if they provide it.
    Installation - yes.
    Firewall setup - ?
    OS updates - ?
    cPanel/.. updates - ?
    Adding/removing/configuring software and modules - ?

Most managed VPS lack them besides the initial installation.
    Are they going to update your PHP version?
    Are they going to configure MySQL?
    What if your require to open custom ports in the firewall?
    What if your client requires a PHP module?

I also recommend wiredtree. They can help migrate your clients over and get whm setup for you. They are great for tech support and they offer phone, chat, and email support. There plans start out at 100gb disk space for the ssd cache vps plans. Once you have root access you can start offering your very own customizable offerings such as CDN or other various plugins within cpanel. I highly recommend the entry level vps plan. Wiredtree offers graphs of several server stats so you can see how everything is running. If you need more you can request level up and move to a higher plan, etc. Their terms and conditions don't allow for local backups. They offer ftp backup space, however, for $99 per month and 10% off using ssd boost code you can get their hybrid plan. 4gb ram, 160gb disk space and access to r1 soft server backups. According to a wired tree staff member the r1 soft software is available to you to backup and restore as you please. This is a nice service to have especially if you have clients that may frequently delete files.

A lot of providers will offer cheap or even free management if you buy a VPS + a cPanel licence, just ask them.

- Alexander
    HostUS - Premium Hosting Made Affordable
    TEN Worldwide locations spanning USA, Europe & Asia Pacific
    Own ASN, Own Network, Own IPs - AS7489 & AS25926

Quote Originally Posted by wetpwet View Post
    I also check askforhost but their chat doesn't work. Also emailed servint thru their chat two hours ago but no reply yet (I do understand that it went to their sales and sales only work office hours)
    Hello wetpwet
    Sadly you was unable to reach to our Sales Live Chat Agent. Our agents available on live chats for almost 18 hours a day, and i think you was trying to reach in other 6 Hours.
    But you can reach to our instant help desk sales team at sales@askforhost.com as well. Or you can send a PM to me personally here at WHT as well.
    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Check out FutureHosting or KnownHost......both are excellent!

I think I will go with TMZVPS. But before I purchase do anybody knows a coupon/discount code?

BTW do I need to purchase additional IP (One for each Nameservers)? Most of my clients uses ccTLDs and they require at least two unique IPs for each NS.

Thanks for your replies it help me in my decision. Next month/year I'll move my other reseller to Wiredtree.

with your budget you can get around 8gb ram 16gb swap memory and around 600gb hdd. it will also include cpanel. try http://tmzvps.com they offer cpanel maneged vps's in a decent price and also have so many good reviews in wht.