Unhappy Stay away with SERVER4YOU

For my PErsonal website i have order a server from server4you , i get my server within 6 hours ,but Configuration was not same as showing on website

Site Showing -----------------

AMD Athlon™ II, Quad-Core
    16 GB DDR3-RAM
    2x 1,500 GB SATA II HDD

--------------------------

but I have received
    HDD 2x 1500 GB SATA II-HDD 7.200 rpm
    CPU AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270 Processor
    RAM 16x Gigabyte RAM
    -------------------

in my WHM showing
    ====
    Total processors: 2 Processor #1VendorAuthenticAMD NameAMD Athlon(tm) II X2
    270 ProcessorSpeed 3399.989 MHzCache1024 KB Processor #2VendorAuthenticAMD
    NameAMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270 ProcessorSpeed 3399.989 MHzCache1024 KB
    ==========

BIG Cheat with me showing Quad-Core Processor but providing me only Dual Core

But i was shocked when i contact to support

His Reply

====Nov 25, 2013 10:15:02 PM

Thank you for your request.

Octacore means 8 core, like octopus means 8 feet and octagon is an 8 sided
    shape.

The CPU is therefore better than advertised. You can find details of the
    Opteron 3365 here:-
    =================
    ==============Nov 25, 2013 10:42:14 PM
    Thank you for your reply.

WHM does not recognise the Opteron 3365 yet, it is too new.

You have yourself seen that the CPU is Opteron 3365, you can see on the AMD
    website that this is 100% an 8 core CPU
    ==============
    ===========Nov 26, 2013 2:22:57 AM
    Thank you for your request. Processor and cores mean 2 different things, 2
    processors dont necessarily mean 2 cores. A core is usually the basic
    computation unit of the CPU - it can run a single program context (or multiple
    ones), maintaining the correct program state, registers, and correct execution
    order, and performing the operations through ALUs. For optmization purposes, a
    core can also hold on-core caches with copies of frequently used memory
    chunks.

A CPU may have one or more cores to perform tasks at a given time. These
    tasks are usually software processes and threads that the OS schedules. Note
    that the OS may have many threads to run, but the CPU can only run at a given
    time X such tasks, where X = number cores * number of HW-threads per core. The
    rest would have to wait for the OS to schedule them whether by preempting
    currently running tasks or any other means.

Please run the command:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

and let us know the output so we can check it further.
    ==============
    My Reply ======Nov 26, 2013 5:50:02 AM
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
    cpu family : 16
    model : 6
    model name : AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270 Processor
    stepping : 3
    cpu MHz : 3399.989
    cache size : 1024 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 2
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 2
    apicid : 0
    initial apicid : 0
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 5
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
    cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
    pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc
    extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic
    cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt
    nodeid_msr npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
    bogomips : 6799.97
    TLB size : 1024 4K pages
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate

processor : 1
    cpu family : 16
    model : 6
    model name : AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270 Processor
    stepping : 3
    cpu MHz : 3399.989
    cache size : 1024 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 2
    core id : 1
    cpu cores : 2
    apicid : 1
    initial apicid : 1
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 5
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
    cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt
    pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc
    extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic
    cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt
    nodeid_msr npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save
    bogomips : 6799.97
    TLB size : 1024 4K pages
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 48 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate
    ==========

NO RESPONSE AFTER MY REPLY AND NO RESPONSE FROM SALES TOO, so if any serevr4you person at WHT pls help me
    Yunus
    Lucknow's Website Design & Development Company
    █ Graphixstudio.in

They say something about Opteron. Are you sure you get the server you ordered ?

WHM does not recognise the Opteron 3365 yet, it is too new.

You have yourself seen that the CPU is Opteron 3365, you can see on the AMD
    website that this is 100% an 8 core CPU
    /proc/cpuinfo should work just right for opteron showing something like

processor : 0
    cpu family : 21
    model : 1
    model name : AMD Opteron(TM) Processor 6220
    stepping : 2
    Not Athlon X2. That's old. Very old.
    It scores almost ~1900 in benchmarks and opteron almost 5 times more.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...hlon+II+X2+270

http://www.passmark.com/cpubenchmark...n+3380&id=1892

You ordered a ecoserver, proserver or bizserver?

Wow, what an arrogant response you got from them. Perhaps the lack of reply is out of embarassment on their side...

Quote Originally Posted by chrismfz View Post
    They say something about Opteron. Are you sure you get the server you ordered ?

/proc/cpuinfo should work just right for opteron showing something like

Not Athlon X2. That's old. Very old.
    It scores almost ~1900 in benchmarks and opteron almost 5 times more.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...hlon+II+X2+270

http://www.passmark.com/cpubenchmark...n+3380&id=1892

You ordered a ecoserver, proserver or bizserver?
    Yes, I have order AMD Athlon™ II, Quad-Core but i recive Athlon X2 , and even support is not ready to check CPU status that i m wrong on not .. You can check every reply from server4you in my post
    Yunus
    █ Graphixstudio.in

Quote Originally Posted by ngardiner View Post
    Wow, what an arrogant response you got from them. Perhaps the lack of reply is out of embarassment on their side...
    Yes, still waiting reply from that side .. I m very confuse that when i saying i got 2 CPU as per my WHM they saying 8 CORE cpu ..
    Yunus
    █ Graphixstudio.in

If they have given you an AMD Athlon II X2 270 then it is the wrong processor. Just ask them to check the hardware and confirm the physical processor is quad core - keep it simple. They offer good support and will assist you if you ask the right questions.

Regards,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-M View Post
    If they have given you an AMD Athlon II X2 270 then it is the wrong processor. Just ask them to check the hardware and confirm the physical processor is quad core - keep it simple. They offer good support and will assist you if you ask the right questions.

Regards,
    Chris
    Hi,

I said i m already post my complaint to support and i m waiting response from server4you ..but i dont know why they not understand a simple question
    Yunus
    █ Graphixstudio.in

This shouldn't be a complaint, it should be a query to ask them to check the hardware. If they have given you the wrong CPU they will swap it.

Can you copy/paste us what you asked them?

Octacore means 8 core, like octopus means 8 feet and octagon is an 8 sided shape.
    LOL at the respond, I wonder how you asked them that they responded that way..

Did this ever get sorted? I was thinking about using them for overseas operations.

Maybe the server is not for you. The provision is very fast in 6 hrs. There is a mistake on it.

Possibly there's a mistake happening here no one on their side is seeing. They do seen to provide good support. The response they gave to you about the CPU the first response was very smart they should of not had replied with such a smart remark.

The way the company responded was horrible id switch.

I don't think it was a mistake they prob. Assumed he wouldn't notice and they get more money.

Bad to see this, I also have a server with them (they offered free of cost for first month) Their support is worst on their part.

Thanks to WHT , after posting at here , Support and sales both contact me and my CPU replace now ..
    Yunus
    █ Graphixstudio.in

Wow, glad I read this, I was considering ordering a dedicated sever from them ... but no way.

Regardless of the fact they eventually resolved the original posters issue, that initial response is not funny and not professional.

Glad I found this site

Server4You is good, not sure why you're saying its bad. Their support is terrible, but hardware, and speed is perfect.

I would agree with defcon11 - this review is not in line with our experience of the company which we have had over many years. They are reliable and dependable, and in contrast to many other providers offer quick and easy support.

When a provider like this runs tens of thousands of servers, there will be the odd glitch where they accidentally allocate the wrong CPU. The fact is, they resolved the problem promptly and that's what matters. I would hardly say this is a good reason to "stay away" from them.

If you want anything other than hardware support then Server4You is not the company for you. If you are good at managing servers then they will be an excellent and highly reliable choice.

Yes, Support is very terrible becoz some time they reply in just 1-2 lines , last week i ask for Primary Resolver IP they simply reply "Select 1st one" ..
    Yunus
    █ Graphixstudio.in

I have to say that, if I received the 'Octopus' response the OP received, I would have been very annoyed. I can understand that the support personnel might have thought it funny or perhaps they were feeling frustrated and having a bad day, I still say that is unacceptable.

I do self manage my own server, hosted by leasweb, which I find excellent and now looking for a cheap backup server. Currently I use a VPS for data back up only, simply using Rsync which works fine but obviously isn't suitable to host my site, should the main box fail.

I believe in working together and being professional, sure a bit of fun is okay and perhaps even merited, if the organization has a good working relationship with the client and that happens often. We can all get to know support personnel, sales guys etc from a company and have some friendly 'banter'

In the OP's circumstances and relationship with the company, the response was not appropriate and unprofessional. I do not expect perfect support or for a hosting company to bow to my every whim, but I most certainly do expect a minimum level of customer service (that is subjective of course) and a professional attitude. In return I am respectful, patient and understanding to any problems the company might have regarding my business.

I always research a company I am going to do business with, and of course this one negative experience might very well be isolated. What it makes me wonder about is the company culture and working ethics as those are key indicators on what their customer service is likely to be.

It is one negative post here about customer service I dont like, had it been about an outage, long provisioning times or other technical issues, I wouldn't have been put off too much. Everyone will have different views, and expectations, but for me, they are off the list and I will not be doing business with them.

Now back to searching for a good budget server provider ..

Yeah, this is what happens when a company thinks they are smarter than the customer and gets outsmarted themselves.

Hi jack1616,

You are entirely entitled to your own opinions (and that's the way it should be), but this issue is not representative of the normal standard of service from these guys.

To be fair, we also don't know what the OP asked as we haven't seen his side of the ticket. The "octo" response wasn't wonderful, but it was personalised and that's rare compared to other providers who just give you canned responses.

Absolutely Chris-M,

There does seem to be a number of positive remarks and experiences and that is always a good sign.

As you said I dont know what was said by the OP for such a response, but that really does not matter. Any company providing products / services has to provide a level of customer care, it is up to them whether they view that seriously or perhaps simply see it as a 'value added service' one that might not matter as much to them than the sales part of their operation.

Whatever way you look at it, typical or not, the response was not professional and actually I found it rude. If I went into a restaurant for the first time and before I got a table, witnessed the staff being rude to a customer, I wouldn't stay and walk out the door. This is no different, not to me anyway.

Everyone I guess is different, perhaps while I found it rude as did others, many people might find it humorous or as suggested 'personalized'

CHEAPER'S HELL YAAAAAAAAAA That is the issue we have in the industry now . CLIENTS should go for some quality people and should pay few more bucks, that can save a lot of time and money

In fairness even premium providers can and do provide poor customer service. As an example I have used Hostgator before, and they are supposed to be a managed (premium) service but I got better support from leasweb on my unmanaged service.

I have read these forums and of course I skip negative reviews on anything that is clearly the clients / customers issue - as obviously as many here will be aware self managed means exactly that. I shall comment of course and try to help where I can.

I think there is a huge problem with macro companies, and lack of client knowledge. Let us be honest here, almost anyone can set up a web hosting company - and values are going to differ massively. There is a problem in this industry and it needs to be tackled, if self regulation does not happen then a forced one shall - just a matter of time.

A website is not tangible, but it is important to the creator and that invokes a certain emotional attachment. Web hosting companies need to see this and waken up to this fact.

I will never see 100% positive score for any hosting company, and you know what - that is just the way it is. What I can do is review, research and be objective.

When we are being objective, we look at many different angles, and that is prudent, depending on what your needs are. As an example this particular issue from the OP rules out the company for me. The reason why is that one negative customer interaction in my mind is equal to 20 technical issues.

My reasoning behind that is, that I can handle all the technical issues other than those beyond my control and I can find out those that are not within minutes. My point is that to me customer service and respect are important to me, because the hosting company is not superior. In reality I am superior because I pay them a fee, and nothing more. You want my money, then respect me, if not go away.

A negative comment like the OP made has prevented me from doing business with this company, and I believe my opinions and reasons are valid.

Wising you all well ...