Need to change to UK Host from US (SEO Issues)

Hi Everyone.

I need to change to a UK Host from a US one because of SEO Issues. I have been with a well established US company for over 7 years now to manage my web server. But I've noticed a decline in a lot of my website on google.

Even new ones i have created, haven't done so well in local searches. I spoke to a few people and they ensured me IP location does matter when it comes to SEO so I should find a host within the UK.

PREVIOUS SHARED HOST
    • Dual Intel Quad Core
    • Unlimited Domains
    • Unlimited Databases
    • SSH (1.8mb/s down)
    • 100GB Bandwidth
    • 25GB Disk Space
    • RAM 8 GBs
    • Apache 2 (Free Mod addons)
    • CentOS 4
    • Free Plesk Panel
    • Excellent Tech Support (Outsourced) (Response under 30 minutes)
    • $57 / £35 Per Year
    • 99.9% uptime (went down probably 1 time every few years)

As you can see i don't pay much with this company and it is all quite top notch apart from the latency issues. I need a server that IS based in the UK to manage my websites (low traffic, static sites)

I'd probably spend up to £100 at the moment i have 15 websites but that will most likely increase soon. Not sure weather to get a VPS / Shared Server whichever is cheapest and offers good tech support.

Can someone recommend me a provider (preferable one that will be around in years to come)

Thank you!

HI

£35 a year for UK hosting is a bit low!

What would your maximum budget be for good quality hosting?
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

If the server is defiantly located in the UK i'm not sure i mean i saw 1&1 offering shared for about £8 a month and a few decent VPS' for under £90.

Whats the best solution if i get a VPS can i still get tech support and would i have to install apache, php etc or would all the apps be pre configured with the admin panel?

HI

1&1 lock you in to contracts, and I am not too sure on their support, from those I've helped move from them say its not the best.

A VPS may come with some basic support, if you got one that came with Plesk/CPanel everything will just work out the box for you!
    The Hosting Heroes Ltd - over 20 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers | VPS Reseller for WHMCS
    www.thehostingheroes.com

Do you need shared hosting or reseller hosting? If you mean shared hosting you could check ezpzhosting

Quote Originally Posted by theGZA View Post
    If the server is defiantly located in the UK i'm not sure i mean i saw 1&1 offering shared for about £8 a month and a few decent VPS' for under £90.

Whats the best solution if i get a VPS can i still get tech support and would i have to install apache, php etc or would all the apps be pre configured with the admin panel?
    You can try a VPS and Cpanel. Cpanel itself will cost you $15/month or $180/year.
    If you are familiar with Plesk, you can use Plesk. Some vps providers offer free Plesk with limited number of domains (usually 10 domains)
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

You'd be better off with a good Shared/Reseller account from a good reputed provider. With the kind of budget you have, I wont advise going for a VPS.

Yeah, hopefully i can find one similar to that US one but based in the UK

Yeah, hopefully i can find one similar to that US one but based in the UK
    InnoHosting, EZPZHosting or Eleven2 to name a few

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Conn8ct-Sal View Post
    InnoHosting, EZPZHosting or Eleven2 to name a few

Good luck

Indeed. I vouch for InnoHosting. They're pretty good, I'm a client of theirs.
    Senior System Administrator / DevOp - LinkedIn / MailChannels Director of Sales, Europe
    MyW - Shared/Reseller Hosting & Server Management (cPanel/DA/Virtualization Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by MrGeneral View Post
    Indeed. I vouch for InnoHosting. They're pretty good, I'm a client of theirs.
    The IP locations look like they're in California or Denmark?

I've noticed a decline in a lot of my website on google. ...... I spoke to a few people and they ensured me IP location does matter when it comes to SEO
    I’d say your drop in rankings is more likely down to algorithm changes and/or competition, and not location.

If makes no sense to blame location for the decline if it’s happened while you’re still hosted in the same place.

The IP locations look like they're in California or Denmark?

You can verify my VPS with them in USA: 67.220.206.131

Then, as hosted website, the domain mail.webnegocio.pt which is running there in the cPanel @ UK location. :-)

I splitted it due to security rules I want.

BTW this is no self advertisement, there are no ordable products in my website.

You may verify it.
    It's indeed in UK. I get 41 ms ping from Portugal to UK.
    Senior System Administrator / DevOp - LinkedIn / MailChannels Director of Sales, Europe
    MyW - Shared/Reseller Hosting & Server Management (cPanel/DA/Virtualization Servers)

You will certainly find a decent shared/reseller package within your budget from a reputable UK webhost. You can take help of Google or someone would recommend a webhost to you. Just make sure you opt for a webhost who have 30 day moneyback guarantee just in case if you want to cancel the services.

I know Google does try to push local results as much as possible, I suppose an IP from the desired area might help. Be sure that your site keywords/content fit the locale of your target audience. Include specific cities etc. (if you can depending on just how targeted the content is).
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro View Post
    £35 a year for UK hosting is a bit low!
    It is for the diskspace and bandwidth requirements alone.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Loon View Post
    I’d say your drop in rankings is more likely down to algorithm changes and/or competition, and not location.

If makes no sense to blame location for the decline if it’s happened while you’re still hosted in the same place.
    That Maybe if the OP is targeting the UK market to get a .co.uk domain name.

As for hosting in the UK, I recommend Simplexwebs, they are UK based and I had a great experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    Maybe if the OP is targeting the UK market to get a .co.uk domain name.
    No doubt OP already has .co.uk domains, but for those that aren't, you can use Geotargeting.

PS I still think having lower latency is better for rankings.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting