Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicx View Post
    Who asked you to get involved?
    Well, that would be YOU - by YOU posting on a public Forum you are INVITING others to discuss and share a point of View.

We can all see what is happening here, you chose a budget host, who just so happened to not jump to your every whim in a few seconds, you were unable to manage a self-managed server and decided to chuck a Hissy-fit.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Cool down man the language you use is damaging your case
    cancel the service and move on, @BurstNET is one of the good provider but as they say no one is perfect, bad things happens with everyone
    VMakerHOST » Providing Amazing Services since 2010
    Three Datacenter Locations: Chicago, Netherlands & Singapore
    █ Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | End User Support | Premium Network | 24x7-365 Support
    ShoutCAST, Web Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers. Managed options available

From the looks of it Brustnet did everything right and OP needs to stop antagonizing them.

Quote Originally Posted by saschoen View Post
    bro you are off your rocker. just cancel like they said because you didn't follow proper protocol.
    Look dude, I understand I may have been rude to them, but youre off your rocker if you think that individual telling me the server was suspended for something I did not do is the correct thing for them to do, as well as charging me for IP addresses that I did not use last year and what the heck are you talking about now protocol what protocol this has nothing to do with cancellation, it has to do with me being told the server had been suspended for no reason.
    Last edited by sonicx; 11-26-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRWH View Post
    Well, that would be YOU - by YOU posting on a public Forum you are INVITING others to discuss and share a point of View.

We can all see what is happening here, you chose a budget host, who just so happened to not jump to your every whim in a few seconds, you were unable to manage a self-managed server and decided to chuck a Hissy-fit.
    Yes but its funny how he chose to believe what they said without hearing the other side, the facts Im young and Im not going to have my name tarnished all because I referred to her as women and accused her of lying, I referred to her as women because I don't know that person so I wasn't going to call her by her first name, she was also the only femaie, also its not the first time shes talked a load of rubbish and when I pointed out the facts ignored it.

You guys can say what you want anyone with a brain can see telling someone their server has been suspended for something they have not done is out of line and get your facts straight, I know how to use servers setup properly, I did not throw a hissy fit she said the server had been suspended looks like you cant you read. Your opinion doesn't count anyway as its clearly one sided.
    Last edited by sonicx; 11-26-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofiber View Post
    From the looks of it Brustnet did everything right and OP needs to stop antagonizing them.
    Really? do explain how telling me the server was suspended for going over my bandwidth limit was the correct thing to do? huh

Thread title edited.

Please let's keep the tone civil.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Thread title edited.

Please let's keep the tone civil.
    I was actually logging in to send a support ticket to WHT to change the title because at the time I was angry and it was not fair to call them that, so Thanks

I was actually logging in to send a support ticket to WHT to change the title because at the time I was angry and it was not fair to call them that, so Thanks
    No problem.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Thank you for admitting that.
    If you want us to reset up your server with a fresh install, instead of cancelling, we would be more than happy to do so at this time.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

its is a joke the support tickets..

Ive been with burst for about 3 or so years.. last 3 tickets in last couple of months I submitted, one unanswered tehen closed, one still open unanswered from 11 days ago.. and one from 2 days ago still waiting on an answer to a simple question..

On none of these tickets have I asked anything crazy to be done by them.. I have only asked advice, or a simply a password resent.. like a simple "yeah you can do that,don't worry" answer would have been sufficient..

not great..

Then earlier this year, my UK VPS was moved from Burst to UKFast.. of which I wasn't informed. I only found out when my VPS went down, I opened a ticket with Burst (which didn't get answered) so I called them next day, the guy on night shift told me about the switch to UKFast and I had to contact them lol.. great service..

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicsoul View Post
    its is a joke the support tickets..
    Ive been with burst for about 3 or so years.. last 3 tickets in last couple of months I submitted, one unanswered tehen closed, one still open unanswered from 11 days ago.. and one from 2 days ago still waiting on an answer to a simple question..
    Do you have a ticket number I can pass along for you, to see what the issue is?

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicsoul View Post
    Then earlier this year, my UK VPS was moved from Burst to UKFast.. of which I wasn't informed. I only found out when my VPS went down, I opened a ticket with Burst (which didn't get answered) so I called them next day, the guy on night shift told me about the switch to UKFast and I had to contact them lol.. great service..

Notifications were sent out to the UK client base. This is a business, and sales like this can occur at any company.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

It's ok..

I have been mysteriously answered, about an hour after posting on here haha..

Regarding UK switch over.. I never got a mail (I double checked all my junk mail after I was informed of what happened). I'm not too bothered now, UKFast have been ok so far, pretty fast with support tickets and really polite/helpful.. and service not altered.

Considering I started this thread when a problem arose I think its best I also update the thread with the outcome because Burstnet had not switched my server off for no reason as the customer service representative had initially stated by mistake, although I was not happy with this staff members previous responses, which led to me overreacting, in the end Burstnet had not suspended the server so the situation was not as bad as I believed also the server has now at my request been cancelled and I was not charged extra. Also considering I was rather harsh with the way I described Burstnet initially they were nice enough to offer me to come back, I think these guys are just very busy which sometimes can turn into mistakes or delays.

I will probably use Burstnet again in the future.

*Personal Experience*
    They oversell their VPS so much that there is so much lag that you can not even do anything with it. I have tried majority of their server locations and they all were horrible. Let me help you and save you the headache, go some where else!

Quote Originally Posted by LazerHosting View Post
    *Personal Experience*
    They oversell their VPS so much that there is so much lag that you can not even do anything with it. I have tried majority of their server locations and they all were horrible. Let me help you and save you the headache, go some where else!
    If the budget level service was not appropriate for you, we offer premium level service, as well as SSD based and Xen based plans, which have dedicated resources. Budget based plans operate on OpenVZ, and you are more susceptible to usage levels of other users sharing the same node.

very strange, we have never heard anything like from SOFTLAYER Clients yet.
    an INC 500 company is getting complains from clients ,that is a bit poor feed back. Please do work on that part. Should make the clients very clear what you are selling and what they will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Soft View Post
    very strange, we have never heard anything like from SOFTLAYER Clients yet.
    Nonsense...there is not a hosting company in the world, that does not have a complaint here and there: Softlayer included. This is a service business, you cannot possibly please each and every client at all times. You can try to do the best you possibly can, but there will be times it is just not possible. That is fact. Also, Softlayer does not sell services at the pricing levels we do...such as $5/month VPS services.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Soft View Post
    an INC 500 company is getting complains from clients ,that is a bit poor feed back. Please do work on that part. Should make the clients very clear what you are selling and what they will get.

Unfortunately, many clients have unreasonable expectations. Many expect high end dedicated server performance from a $5 VPS, or expect us to hold their hands and help with their program, even though we offer basically an unmanaged service. It's typically the clients that pay the least, that complain the most. 90% of the complaints are about the budget VPS service---and clients just having unreasonable expectations with it. We do alot of business with foreign clientele, and sometimes they have communications barriers, or different ways of doing business in their country. Typical example of that is a client complaining, and we find out they never properly cancelled service, and they think it is acceptable to just stop using the service and not pay...that's not how it works. Majority of complaints you see on WHT from us, which are a drop in the bucket compared to our overall client base size, are complete nonsense, or client fault/misunderstanding. In reality, it's only a small percentage of such complaints where we are actually at fault or had an issue, and when that occurs, we do what we can to make it right for the client. In a service business, that's all you can really ask for from a provider, especially one who you are paying such little amounts for...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12