Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Burstnet Feedback

As the title states thats exactly what they are, Iv been with them 6 months, if you listen to their rubbish verythings fine soon as theres a problem they lie and cheat you out of your money, 3 months I have paid for a dedicated server and not been able to use it properly because burstnet placed a custom repository on the server causing virtualmin to fail its installation, yesterday they agreed to re-install the OS them I did not hear from them so I wrote another ticket and was told teh server had been suspended for over usage! a server with 5000GB monthly bandwith that hadnt even been ruinng any web services! prior to this they failed to cancel a service I had requested and they carried on billing me for it and made me pay, even though I showed proof I cancelled the service, the seem to think they can do what they want, well all my invoices were paid and upto date until today I have cancelled all re-occuring payments and will not be paying what they are requesting, they lied, cancelled the server and now want to pay next months! lmao!, they may be cheapos but they are also unreliable and liers especilaly Tammy Y who lies then closes the ticket.

Also waiting for there non existent services to be setup has waisted plenty of my time.

Sir,

I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble with our service. I have someone looking into this and they will get back to you ASAP.
    Joe Marr
    BurstNet Technologies, Inc.

Don't bother, Im not waisting my time with your company anymore, I want all services cancelled, I have paid for this server until december, I dont want to use your services anymore, so kindly make sure they are cancelled, I have placed cancellation requests but burstnet is good at ignoring requests, Im disgusted with the amount of time Iv waisted trying to get 1 server to work when Iv setup many in the past, whilst paying for it then and then being told oh, its been suspended now, no thanks. A word of advise whoever Tammy Y is she need to learn customer service and stop lying, twice Iv dealt with her both times she has lied and when Iv shown proof carried on making new lies up to show how her first lie makes sense.

Just make sure you cancel the services as I want to stop dealing with your company asap.

Did you file a cancellation in the client area under services, and actually pressing the "Cancellation" button? Or did you just send them an email? Sending an email or a ticket isn't correct.
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
    Did you file a cancellation in the client area under services, and actually pressing the "Cancellation" button? Or did you just send them an email? Sending an email or a ticket isn't correct.
    Not that they would have a leg to stand on in Britain if they wish to carry on trying to rip me off with their malpractice, probably the reason they sold the eu section to fasthost, I did cancel each product individually with a reason. Should they try to charge me for services I have not received they can try and sue me as I feel they owe me since I have paid for services I have not received, aka now, they are the liars, the tickets prove this so just letting people know what they are letting themselves in for, this company couldn't care less about their customers.

It could have been worse though, they could have done this after the server was actually operating and cost me a lot of losses. Which is ironic I apparently went over my usage limit with a server that wasn't hosting anything, the only usage it has was using yum updates to try and remove installed packages from Burstnets custom repository they had added to the base repo. The server went offline because of this, I assume it crashed, so they were supposed to re-install the OS before this new story of usage came along.
    Last edited by sonicx; 11-26-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Continuous bad reviews about them recently, think they need to sort themselves out before they end up in the gutter.

Our cancellation process is automated, and clearly outlined in both our Service Agreement, FAQ, and the welcome letter sent with service delivery initially.

Client did NOT file any cancellation request here until 11/26/2013 14:00, which was 5 minutes AFTER he posted this thread!

Our system auto-processed that like it should at:
    Timestamp: Tuesday 26, Nov 2013 - 15:02:46
    Subject: Cancellation Request Auto-Processed

How he thinks we didn't honor cancel requests, when he did not even file one, I am unsure.
    Regardless, our system works exactly as it is supposed to handling the cancellation request.

We use our custom O/S install on thousands of Dedicated Server without issue. We use these as it includes drivers for all the hardware we typically utilize support, pre-built in.
    It is not our job to manage a client's server, and client had full access to change his kernel if he so desired.
    Not really sure how he can claim our O/S would not work for him, as it is pretty standard, and just custom because it has alot of drivers built in.

Unfortunately, we cannot please all clientele, in every circumstance.
    This is an obvious case where client cannot be pleased, would rather make sexist remarks to our staff, and is actually the one lying here, as proven by his claims of us "ignoring" his cancellation request, when he never even filed one.

Sorry, but probably is for the best here that his business is taken elsewhere.
    We will not tolerate treatment of our staff in this manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Criot View Post
    Continuous bad reviews about them recently, think they need to sort themselves out before they end up in the gutter.
    Nonsense.
    A few complaints here and there, alot by people blaming us for the VD mess we did not cause, all all remedied as best we could with the client.
    We're human, not perfect, and mistakes.issues will happen.
    They just need to be dealt with honorably and properly when they occur, at any hosting company.

Also, FYI, client WAS provided details on how to use a different repo if he so desired, and even thanked our tech support for the info after receiving such. I'm beginning to think this is an issue of client not following directions all the time, or not having the ability to actually manage/administrate his own server ;-(

I think OP needs to calm down, and not be abusive to their team, otherwise I don't blame them for not helping him. Being Sexist yikes... And the only people I've seen to post bad reviews are the ones who are in the wrong, or if they have been caught red handed.

A thread before about someone re-making accounts and trying to scam BurstNet. Someone overusing bandwidth limits. Not sure what this one is about to be honest, he has full access to his server.

And I've used BurstNET in the past and had no issues with them except tickets was slow due to a backlog of tickets, not their fault it happens.

Moved > Dedicated Server .
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Our cancellation process is automated, and clearly outlined in both our Service Agreement, FAQ, and the welcome letter sent with service delivery initially.

Client did NOT file any cancellation request here until 11/26/2013 14:00, which was 5 minutes AFTER he posted this thread!

Our system auto-processed that like it should at:
    Timestamp: Tuesday 26, Nov 2013 - 15:02:46
    Subject: Cancellation Request Auto-Processed

How he thinks we didn't honor cancel requests, when he did not even file one, I am unsure.
    Regardless, our system works exactly as it is supposed to handling the cancellation request.
    If you learned to read english you would see I said Im cancelling NOW so you cant rip me off anymore, READ, rude as usual Burstnet all over

We use our custom O/S install on thousands of Dedicated Server without issue. We use these as it includes drivers for all the hardware we typically utilize support, pre-built in.
    It is not our job to manage a client's server, and client had full access to change his kernel if he so desired.
    Not really sure how he can claim our O/S would not work for him, as it is pretty standard, and just custom because it has alot of drivers built in.

Unfortunately, we cannot please all clientele, in every circumstance.
    This is an obvious case where client cannot be pleased, would rather make sexist remarks to our staff, and is actually the one lying here, as proven by his claims of us "ignoring" his cancellation request, when he never even filed one.

Sorry, but probably is for the best here that his business is taken elsewhere.
    We will not tolerate treatment of our staff in this manner.
    Well obviously youre knowledge is limited, your custom packages had dependency issues with Zpanel, Virtualmin and ISPconfig!

what treatment, you sir are a liar trying to put this on me, your staff are liars why was the server suspended explain? yes because youre liars and thiefs like most people can see. And calling her a woman is sexist? ok youre sexist for calling me sir, get a life and stop ripping people off!!!!

Also what right do you have to change the kernel to a custom one and advertise the standard kernel, all panels that failed except ispconfig stated a centos-burstnet package as a dependency issue!

I was able to install virtualmin fine with the server I rented from them no problem. Also maybe just maybe the OP could have fixed the repos on his own? That's something you can fix yourself easily.

Also, FYI, client WAS provided details on how to use a different repo if he so desired, and even thanked our tech support for the info after receiving such. I'm beginning to think this is an issue of client not following directions all the time, or not having the ability to actually manage/administrate his own server ;-(
    Further for your information, any more slander of my name I will sue you as the tickets show no abuse from me, excuse me for calling your liar of a staff a Woman! no sexist comment the comment was regarded in teh fashion of listen, so calling someone man is sexist? get a grip and learn how to run your useless company, you had enough time you bunch of abusive people who lack the knowledge of hosting. Stuck in the 90s by the look of it with your big guy acts.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicx View Post
    Further for your information, any more slander of my name I will sue you as the tickets show no abuse from me, excuse me for calling your liar of a staff a Woman! no sexist comment the comment was regarded in teh fashion of listen, so calling someone man is sexist? get a grip and learn how to run your useless company, you had enough time you bunch of abusive people who lack the knowledge of hosting. Stuck in the 90s by the look of it with your big guy acts.
    Really? Am I really reading this? Your going to "sue" BurstNet for saying his? And as for them getting a grip, please calm down and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by saschoen View Post
    I was able to install virtualmin fine with the server I rented from them no problem. Also maybe just maybe the OP could have fixed the repos on his own? That's something you can fix yourself easily.
    Lucky you, did you have the custom kernel? @centos-burstnet? doubt it, FYI I did change the kernel and the server got stuck on reboot, I asked for a re-install and they suspended the server for overuse of bandwidth, a Lie

I'm not getting into a shouting match with you.
    WHT readers can see what we are obviously dealing with here by the nature of your postings.
    I do not need to comment further, your tone speaks for itself here.

I'm not getting into a shouting match with you.
    WHT readers can see what we are obviously dealing with here by the nature of your postings.
    I do not need to comment further, your tone speaks for itself here.
    Tone, well you waisted enough of my time, Im a young lad, recently out of uni, with a budget, trying to do my work and you lot take my money but dont provide a service, 3 weeks for the server to be setup, because youre busy, then 3 weeks to allocate the IP block, then lie and suspend the server yes they can see youre company for what it is from all the previous suspensions for other users for NO reasons. I like how youre dismissing that, you suspended the server for no reason and are lying, hence the title.

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    Really? Am I really reading this? Your going to "sue" BurstNet for saying his? And as for them getting a grip, please calm down and move on.
    Who asked you to get involved? they are making up utter rubbish, how am i sexist, how are they having to deal with me, all my tickets prior to what they did had, please, regards, thank you, now hes coming here saying Im abusive, a sexist, teh do need to get a grip,they will never admit they have done wrong, you might be ok with someone saying sh*t about you Im not they suspended the server fo No reason at allI diod nothing wrong and they just decided to suspend it, my tickets have no nastyness in them prior to them suspending the server and after that the worst I said was Im sick of you woman lying, since she lied to me previously about unpaid invoices for Ip addrseses that had been allocated to someone else and cancelled.

Which I had to pay as well.
    Last edited by sonicx; 11-26-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CW Mike View Post
    I think OP needs to calm down, and not be abusive to their team, otherwise I don't blame them for not helping him. Being Sexist yikes... And the only people I've seen to post bad reviews are the ones who are in the wrong, or if they have been caught red handed.

A thread before about someone re-making accounts and trying to scam BurstNet. Someone overusing bandwidth limits. Not sure what this one is about to be honest, he has full access to his server.

And I've used BurstNET in the past and had no issues with them except tickets was slow due to a backlog of tickets, not their fault it happens.
    Wrong for what the server wasnt hosting anything! DO explain, again more accusations from someone who knows nothing about the situation! The server crashed because burstnet had installed a custom kernel that virtualmin didnt work with, dependency issue so I tried changing the kernel and the server went offline, I asked for an os re-install so I could remove the burstnet kernel before installing virtualmin, they stopped responding, the next thing I knoe I am being accused of going over my limit with a server that did not host anything. so how did I go over my limit? Further to your information, I would like to know how is calling a liar a liar is abusive. they are calling me one yet I haven't lied and I have the ticket to prove how it went, and how is calling a woman a woman sexist? apparently I have a tone, yes Im angry they have took my money and waisted my time for months and then accused me of going over my limit. I agreed to pay the $25 reinstallation fee also, yet I guess they were busy and I would move on if poeople stopped talking sh*t.
    Last edited by sonicx; 11-26-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Tone, well you waisted enough of my time, Im a young lad, recently out of uni, with a budget, trying to do my work and you lot take my money but dont provide a service, 3 weeks for the server to be setup, because youre busy, then 3 weeks to allocate the IP block, then lie and suspend the server yes they can see youre company for what it is from all the previous suspensions for other users for NO reasons. I like how youre dismissing that, you suspended the server for no reason and are lying, hence the title.

I actually do NOT see your server having been suspended for any reason at all. No note of that on your account...

I do see one staff member informed you of that, not sure why, may have been mistaken with another server, but that does not actually seem to have been the case at all.

Regardless, best cancellation occurs, as obviously neither party is happy with the other here.

I actually do NOT see your server having been suspended for any reason at all. No note of that on your account...

I do see one staff member informed you of that, not sure why, may have been mistaken with another server, but that does not actually seem to have been the case at all.

Regardless, best cancellation occurs, as obviously neither party is happy with the other here.
    I fully agree, and just so you know, whoever that person I called a woman is, seems to have an issue, you may think I was being sexist, however I wa snot, it was the fact that everytime that individual has responded to me it has been accusations of something I did not do, she also accused me of not paying my invoices last month, so I am very sorry if you think Im sexist but I assure you that the Women comment was me shouting, because in teh past that individual has carried on stating I have done something I have not and she then closes the ticker, I appreciate coming here and writing this may be distasteful and I should have waited for her response, but judging to her previous responses this outcome would have followed, I am sorry this happened, teh burstnet service is good when its running and some members of your staff have been very fast and helpful but This person well, I dont want to say anything as apparently Im abusive and sexist, which I deny, I could state shes racist because Im english but I wont stoop to that level.

bro you are off your rocker. just cancel like they said because you didn't follow proper protocol.

Who asked you to get involved?
    Well, that would be YOU - by YOU posting on a public Forum you are INVITING others to discuss and share a point of View.

We can all see what is happening here, you chose a budget host, who just so happened to not jump to your every whim in a few seconds, you were unable to manage a self-managed server and decided to chuck a Hissy-fit.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Cool down man the language you use is damaging your case
    cancel the service and move on, @BurstNET is one of the good provider but as they say no one is perfect, bad things happens with everyone
    VMakerHOST » Providing Amazing Services since 2010
    Three Datacenter Locations: Chicago, Netherlands & Singapore
    █ Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | End User Support | Premium Network | 24x7-365 Support
    ShoutCAST, Web Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers. Managed options available

From the looks of it Brustnet did everything right and OP needs to stop antagonizing them.

Quote Originally Posted by saschoen View Post
    bro you are off your rocker. just cancel like they said because you didn't follow proper protocol.
    Look dude, I understand I may have been rude to them, but youre off your rocker if you think that individual telling me the server was suspended for something I did not do is the correct thing for them to do, as well as charging me for IP addresses that I did not use last year and what the heck are you talking about now protocol what protocol this has nothing to do with cancellation, it has to do with me being told the server had been suspended for no reason.
    Last edited by sonicx; 11-26-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRWH View Post
    Well, that would be YOU - by YOU posting on a public Forum you are INVITING others to discuss and share a point of View.

We can all see what is happening here, you chose a budget host, who just so happened to not jump to your every whim in a few seconds, you were unable to manage a self-managed server and decided to chuck a Hissy-fit.
    Yes but its funny how he chose to believe what they said without hearing the other side, the facts Im young and Im not going to have my name tarnished all because I referred to her as women and accused her of lying, I referred to her as women because I don't know that person so I wasn't going to call her by her first name, she was also the only femaie, also its not the first time shes talked a load of rubbish and when I pointed out the facts ignored it.

You guys can say what you want anyone with a brain can see telling someone their server has been suspended for something they have not done is out of line and get your facts straight, I know how to use servers setup properly, I did not throw a hissy fit she said the server had been suspended looks like you cant you read. Your opinion doesn't count anyway as its clearly one sided.
    Last edited by sonicx; 11-26-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofiber View Post
    From the looks of it Brustnet did everything right and OP needs to stop antagonizing them.
    Really? do explain how telling me the server was suspended for going over my bandwidth limit was the correct thing to do? huh

Thread title edited.

Please let's keep the tone civil.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Thread title edited.

Please let's keep the tone civil.
    I was actually logging in to send a support ticket to WHT to change the title because at the time I was angry and it was not fair to call them that, so Thanks

I was actually logging in to send a support ticket to WHT to change the title because at the time I was angry and it was not fair to call them that, so Thanks
    No problem.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Thank you for admitting that.
    If you want us to reset up your server with a fresh install, instead of cancelling, we would be more than happy to do so at this time.

its is a joke the support tickets..

Ive been with burst for about 3 or so years.. last 3 tickets in last couple of months I submitted, one unanswered tehen closed, one still open unanswered from 11 days ago.. and one from 2 days ago still waiting on an answer to a simple question..

On none of these tickets have I asked anything crazy to be done by them.. I have only asked advice, or a simply a password resent.. like a simple "yeah you can do that,don't worry" answer would have been sufficient..

not great..

Then earlier this year, my UK VPS was moved from Burst to UKFast.. of which I wasn't informed. I only found out when my VPS went down, I opened a ticket with Burst (which didn't get answered) so I called them next day, the guy on night shift told me about the switch to UKFast and I had to contact them lol.. great service..

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicsoul View Post
    its is a joke the support tickets..
    Ive been with burst for about 3 or so years.. last 3 tickets in last couple of months I submitted, one unanswered tehen closed, one still open unanswered from 11 days ago.. and one from 2 days ago still waiting on an answer to a simple question..
    Do you have a ticket number I can pass along for you, to see what the issue is?

Quote Originally Posted by dynamicsoul View Post
    Then earlier this year, my UK VPS was moved from Burst to UKFast.. of which I wasn't informed. I only found out when my VPS went down, I opened a ticket with Burst (which didn't get answered) so I called them next day, the guy on night shift told me about the switch to UKFast and I had to contact them lol.. great service..

Notifications were sent out to the UK client base. This is a business, and sales like this can occur at any company.

It's ok..

I have been mysteriously answered, about an hour after posting on here haha..

Regarding UK switch over.. I never got a mail (I double checked all my junk mail after I was informed of what happened). I'm not too bothered now, UKFast have been ok so far, pretty fast with support tickets and really polite/helpful.. and service not altered.

Considering I started this thread when a problem arose I think its best I also update the thread with the outcome because Burstnet had not switched my server off for no reason as the customer service representative had initially stated by mistake, although I was not happy with this staff members previous responses, which led to me overreacting, in the end Burstnet had not suspended the server so the situation was not as bad as I believed also the server has now at my request been cancelled and I was not charged extra. Also considering I was rather harsh with the way I described Burstnet initially they were nice enough to offer me to come back, I think these guys are just very busy which sometimes can turn into mistakes or delays.

I will probably use Burstnet again in the future.

*Personal Experience*
    They oversell their VPS so much that there is so much lag that you can not even do anything with it. I have tried majority of their server locations and they all were horrible. Let me help you and save you the headache, go some where else!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast