Thread: Rack911 Quote

Rack911 Quote

Hi,

Does anyone know how long does Rack911 take to return an enquiry for a quote via their website?

I love their idea of taking care of existing customers first but I have been waiting for their quote for a week and counting.

Just wondering if they only handle big and new customers only
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CoolRock View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know how long does Rack911 take to return an enquiry for a quote via their website?

I love their idea of taking care of existing customers first but I have been waiting for their quote for a week and counting.

Just wondering if they only handle big and new customers only
    They've usually been pretty quick in getting back. Have you tried to contact Steven directly? Try contacting him steven (at) rack911.com

-k
    Kody R.
    Sr. Operations Analyst
    100TB.com -> Awesome dedicated servers. 20 locations & lots of bandwidth
    VPS.NET -> Cloud Hosting. 18 Locations. Check out our website!
      0 Not allowed!

One week is too long.
    Probably your request got lost, how about phoning them directly ?
      0 Not allowed!

What is your ticket id?
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance
      0 Not allowed!

Same here. Its almost a week and no reply. I inquired directly from their website contact form
      0 Not allowed!

If you are going to complain that you haven't got a reply then please provide a ticket ID so I can look into it.
    Bare in mind, please do not count weekend's in your calculations of time. It specifically states M-F on our website so it is not fair to count weekends since we are upfront and tell you that it probably won't even be read.

Looking in my sales queue, I only see 1 ticket with a 4.5 day wait period (which is really only 2.5 days since the weekends do not count), but there is two people here with issues so both of you need to give me ticket id's so I can look into it. There is no tickets that are waiting for a week at all even taking into account weekends.

With that said, as I have said many times on this forum, sales are low priority to existing customers. It is not responsible for us to take on customers if our existing customer workload is more than we can handle. I do not strive to get every sale. It is the holidays, our existing customers typically have alot of tasks for us during this time.
    Last edited by Steven; 11-26-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    If you are going to complain that you haven't got a reply then please provide a ticket ID so I can look into it.
    Bare in mind, please do not count weekend's in your calculations of time. It specifically states M-F on our website so it is not fair to count weekends since we are upfront and tell you that it probably won't even be read.

Looking in my sales queue, I only see 1 ticket with a 4.5 day wait period (which is really only 2.5 days since the weekends do not count), but there is two people here with issues so both of you need to give me ticket id's so I can look into it. There is no tickets that are waiting for a week at all even taking into account weekends.

With that said, as I have said many times on this forum, sales are low priority to existing customers. It is not responsible for us to take on customers if our existing customer workload is more than we can handle. I do not strive to get every sale. It is the holidays, our existing customers typically have alot of tasks for us during this time.
    Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply.

Just a heads up for everyone, this is no way a complain thread, but getting feedback from community members on the expected reply time for a quotation from Rack911.

I would love to provide a ticket ID, but when I submitted for a quote via https://www.rack911.com/Support/Request-a-Quote.php, they didn't give me one nor send me an email acknowledging the request.

Weekends aside, I sent that request around 17-19 Nov, so working days wise (taking the later 19th date), it's about 5 working days.

With that said, I understand and agree on your stand of existing customers first, which I feel is the most important if I am going to be one of your customers. That's the main reason I started the thread with questions on the duration of a "Rack911 quote", instead of "Rack911 sucks" or "Rack911 long waiting time", etc.

If my intention on my earlier post is misleading, I would like to apologise in advance if I made you feel that way, cheers.
      0 Not allowed!

I found your request I believe, it never made it into the helpdesk.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kody View Post
    They've usually been pretty quick in getting back. Have you tried to contact Steven directly? Try contacting him steven (at) rack911.com

-k
    Hey Kody, normally I would try to send through the recommended channel and avoid sending emails to the person directly as that company might have a procedure in place. Unless, of course, I get the green light from that person to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kambone View Post
    One week is too long.
    Probably your request got lost, how about phoning them directly ?
    I would love to, if not for the high IDD rates over at my place
      0 Not allowed!

I would like to apologize for the lack of reply. It definitely is not normal.
    There was about 25 requests that never made it into the helpdesk which is why I never saw them. We still got a large number of requests in which is why it went unnoticed.
    Over zealous security to blame, and my focus being on our colo move
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

A quick update to this thread, Steven shifted my 'lost' request to helpdesk where he immediately handled the ticket.

+1 for his professionalism

Please close this thread as its purpose has been served.

Thanks to all contributors
      0 Not allowed!