DMCA free dedicated server suggestions

Hi, I am looking for some dedicated server options for hosting a forum site with no hassle dealing with DMCAs.

As forums are user generated content, sometimes (rarely) I get DMCA notices which say someone posted a copy of something i wrote over there, or whatever. Other than that there is nothing illegal going on, just a regular forum with clean user generated content.

I hate it when a server is taken offline because I was a few hours late seeing an email that contained a dmca notice. The site has millions of posts, and one tiny complaint can cause a lot of inconvenience, especially if I happen to be traveling for a few days and can't access email.

So I want suggestions for dedicated server hosts that ignore DMCA's or let me deal with them myself by returning counter claims to the original complainant without the threat of the server being disconnected unless there is a court order.

Any country is fine, but I have heard of Canada and Europe as potential areas. I need specific companies that you know are safe.

As long as the content gets removed by you in a normal matter of time, you shouldn't have a need of DMCA free host.
    So any location should be sufficient for your needs
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

That wasn't really my question.

I want a DMCA free host. I don't want to be checking my email 24 hours a day to see if a complaint came. I would like to be able to go away for a week without worrying what will happen to the server if a DMCA complaint came.

Also I want to have the say whether some content gets removed or not, I don't want to be forced. I don't want to be held hostage by people throwing DMCA's because some one posted a copy of their recipe to cook oatmeal cookies. Let a judge decide if it is a copyright infringement and give a court order, not the server host.

I'm not interested in hearing any lectures on morality or advice on how to properly remove content within the specific 24 hour time frame. I think there is someone else's thread who is requesting that information which could be better addressed there. I just need suggestions for DMCA free server providers.
    Last edited by bva; 11-26-2013 at 12:10 PM.

If you're just hosting in a vps environment try Gridlane, they are on Portlane Sweden DC (same host as TPB). But if you're looking for dedicated, go directly to Portlane or Privatelayer.
    Last edited by Arnie21; 11-26-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Nfore NL,amanah(Canada company)is ignores dmca you should try them.
    Failure is success if we learn from it.

I do not believe any US hosts can ignore DMCA s . I suggest Scandinavian companies.

Warm Regards
    Ceko

Thanks to those providing suggestions.

P.S. I just noticed its my first post after a decade.

if your vistors mostly from USA means, try canada hosts otherwise try netherland or sweden based

because canada is nearer to USA, so less ping to usa users
    Simple and awesome
    Google

Quote Originally Posted by bva View Post
    Thanks to those providing suggestions.

P.S. I just noticed its my first post after a decade.

Ignoring the DMCA is one thing (any host outside of the USA can potentially do this, since the DMCA does not offer them any protection, and hence they have little reason to abide by its terms), however ignoring abuse/complaints for potentially days/weeks on end is going to be a lot harder to find.

Some hosts/abuse departments are more slack then others, but by ignoring abuse complaints, the host is introducing additional liability on their end, which any smart host should have issue with doing this.

I'd suggest looking for hosts with competent/intelligent abuse departments. They're probably not going to be ok with complaints perpetually/repeatedly getting ignored, by when complaints are handled & reviewed by real people, it's much less likely that you're going to get unplugged for something ridiculous. You'll still get unplugged for obvious infringements/incidents/spam/etc. if they go un-handled of course, you ideally *shouldn't* be able to find any host that ignores this though.
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

DMCA is relative in many companies, sometimes people confuse DMCA with other companies of copyrights protection.

More information will be great
    You have a budget? also is important some information about hardware and PORT, maybe 100M will be good for you. Update your request
    Last edited by Gualter; 11-26-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    ▄▀▄ Offshore Dedicated Servers
    ▄▀▄ Keep your privacy!
    ▄▀▄ Europe Servers with DDoS Protection
    ▄▀▄ evoluso.com / info@evoluso.com / Telegram: https://t.me/EVOLUSO

Quote Originally Posted by Gualter View Post
    DMCA is relative in many companies, sometimes people confuse DMCA with other companies of copyrights protection.

More information will be great
    You have a budget? also is important some information about hardware and PORT, maybe 100M will be good for you. Update your request
    My budget is around $300 with cpanel. I pay $320 now for my present server.

The dmca complaints are usually people saying someone copied a post and posted it to the forum. Nothing more serious like warez or anything. They aren't that common, maybe 5 or 6 a year.

Since DMCA is a US law any company outside of the US should be fine. Years ago we use to get tons of US lawyer letters threthening us with lawsuit blah blah for hosting server or websites that sold things that were not legal in the US. They all got he same response, come here with a Canadian court order and well take a look. Not one ever complied.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

Quote Originally Posted by bva View Post
    My budget is around $300 with cpanel. I pay $320 now for my present server.

The dmca complaints are usually people saying someone copied a post and posted it to the forum. Nothing more serious like warez or anything. They aren't that common, maybe 5 or 6 a year.
    What are the configuration you having for 320$ now? & location?
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers