Volumedrive has stolen my colo server

For anyone thinking of using VD as a colo provider, dont. I have asked for my $1,500 server back months before the migration (June). I have been told WHEN they respond that they are waiting on packing materials. The repeatedly ignore my support tickets asking for the status of the return of my server. In case by absolute miracle they even care or ask (latest support ticket #900270), Or the guy that you see email every day asking for his server back and you move to the trash folder, that would be me.

They are unprofessional, they have stolen my server, and im sure im not the first or last person they will steal from. Don't bother with them.

Quote Originally Posted by omarh View Post
    For anyone thinking of using VD as a colo provider, dont. I have asked for my $1,500 server back months before the migration (June). I have been told WHEN they respond that they are waiting on packing materials. The repeatedly ignore my support tickets asking for the status of the return of my server. In case by absolute miracle they even care or ask (latest support ticket #900270), Or the guy that you see email every day asking for his server back and you move to the trash folder, that would be me.

They are unprofessional, they have stolen my server, and im sure im not the first or last person they will steal from. Don't bother with them.
    Have you begun any legal proceedings in regards to this? Small claims court looks like a potential avenue for this issue.

It may have been left behind in the BurstNET datacenter during that whole debacle. Try contacting BurstNET if they happen to have it. VolumeDrive may simply not have your colocated server, which is why they can't return it to you. There was roughly ~300 servers left behind in BurstNET's possession.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

Did you call the web host. it does not make sense a company to put you in this situation. I hope you do not have any disputes wit them or unpaid bills. Bit even you you have any, this is a different story. I think that you'd be able to arrange shipping if you call them and order a pick up from UPS, FedEx or any other shipping company?
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Quote Originally Posted by DMEHosting View Post
    It may have been left behind in the BurstNET datacenter during that whole debacle. Try contacting BurstNET if they happen to have it. VolumeDrive may simply not have your colocated server, which is why they can't return it to you. There was roughly ~300 servers left behind in BurstNET's possession.
    Can anyone explain why 300+ servers were left behind during the migration? I can't believe anyone in this industry can get away with that type of conduct, especially considering the security-intensive nature of our work.

Were the customers the ones who left servers behind? Or was it VD who missed them?

In the words of Bricktop, "Ain't exactly a pair of keys, is he?"
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.
    Colocation | Cloud | Data Centers | Bandwidth | Managed Services
    New York / Northern Virginia / Chicago / Dallas / Miami / Los Angeles / San Jose
    www.InfoRelay.com/Services/Data-Centers

Quote Originally Posted by Jmax View Post
    Can anyone explain why 300+ servers were left behind during the migration? I can't believe anyone in this industry can get away with that type of conduct, especially considering the security-intensive nature of our work.
    VD literally loaded what they could get onto a truck and ran to escape some large bills they had racked up with BurstNET. There have been multiple reports of them stealing people's SSDs and other hardware in the recent past. You'd be hard pressed to find a shadier company.

Small claims court is probably your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris View Post
    VD literally loaded what they could get onto a truck and ran to escape some large bills they had racked up with BurstNET. There have been multiple reports of them stealing people's SSDs and other hardware in the recent past. You'd be hard pressed to find a shadier company.

Small claims court is probably your best bet.
    Wow. Just wow.

Buyer beware!
    InfoRelay Online Systems, Inc.
    Colocation | Cloud | Data Centers | Bandwidth | Managed Services
    New York / Northern Virginia / Chicago / Dallas / Miami / Los Angeles / San Jose
    www.InfoRelay.com/Services/Data-Centers

Shocking, utter crap, I would be going absolute nuts it is madness you have stayed so calm, get in a car and drive down there if you have to!

From that thread I would never go back, they are in serious ****
    Last edited by thedediguy; 11-26-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Another case of VD's shady business practices to add the the list. Sorry it happened to you.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiance with them.
    I did see this thread too about them,
    www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1309421

May be @volumedrive or @vdrivedom can help you on this

Best of luck ...

If someone stole my server I would show up at the datacenter and raise hell

And brings up the point of why WHT is still allowing them to be on here and advertising on here aswell. Also can you post screen shots of your tickets with them.

I know they have my server, they have even told me. They just have been awaiting packing materials (for months). Just excuse after excuse to cover up their thievery. I even provided a prepaid shipping label.
    Last edited by omarh; 11-26-2013 at 07:48 PM.

I saw a lot of bad reviews regarding Volume drive in WHT, when I was new I wanted to sign up with them for the price.. however, seeing all the reviews about them, made me to decide to stay away..

Quote Originally Posted by omarh View Post
    I know they have my server, they have even told me. They just have been awaiting packing materials (for months). Just excuse after excuse to cover up their thievery. I even provided a prepaid shipping label.
    But did you provide the shipping materials? You will have to ship a box with appropriate packing materials, you can get shipping supplies from uline.com.
    Last edited by gordonrp; 11-26-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Sorry for anyone in this situation.

I don't understand why companies do this....and I don't understand how data centers allow this....just like one host 2 years ago racking up $35,000 in server fees and running....and using the same tactics...contact the host...delayed answers and send out excuses to create more time to clear their tracks.

2 things:

when we host with such providers who are offering colo space in DC, should avoid from this. Only should colo with DC direct.Otherwise you will keep coming crying like this.

second : Datacenter gets bad at this. They should make sure if someone is doing things like that ,they should put them in bars .

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Soft View Post
    when we host with such providers who are offering colo space in DC, should avoid from this. Only should colo with DC direct.Otherwise you will keep coming crying like this.
    I disagree competently. There are many, many people/companies who are trustworthy that offer colo services but don't own the datacenter. You can save a large amount of money, get better support, and many other benefits by doing through a company like that.

There odiously is a contract with the colo? We do 1 year colo minimum.If it was month to month where is the documentation that says that machine is yours I know it odiously is but if you don't have a contract I don't know what your going to show a judge.Sorry for your situation it's horrible that there's company's stealing people very expansive servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Injection View Post
    And brings up the point of why WHT is still allowing them to be on here and advertising on here aswell. Also can you post screen shots of your tickets with them.
    I Agree but if there paying for advertising you think WHT would turn down a couple thousand a month? Or whatever the value is,I mean they should because it gives WHT a bad name supporting shady companies and recommending services of shady characters.

At least you've just lost one server. with DirectSpace, they stole many of my servers, HDD's and additional hardware. what I could do? Nothing!
    They shipped me some crappy stuff instead!
    Cloudzy
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Bitcoin VPS | Forex VPS
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, PerfectMoney, CryotoCurrency and Bitcoin
    In business for more than 14 years - Since 2008

Quote Originally Posted by HackedServer View Post
    I disagree competently. There are many, many people/companies who are trustworthy that offer colo services but don't own the datacenter. You can save a large amount of money, get better support, and many other benefits by doing through a company like that.
    yes you got a point here. But the ones who are planning big should avoid third parties.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Hannan View Post
    At least you've just lost one server. with DirectSpace, they stole many of my servers, HDD's and additional hardware. what I could do? Nothing!
    They shipped me some crappy stuff instead!
    You know Hannan, you still have servers in storage. Along with all of your servers that broke down along the way, numerous parts and pieces that were just abandoned here. In fact, the very last ticket that you wrote in (383500) was never updated by you after we replied. That was 1004d 22h 14m ago to be exact. So before you go on stating that we stole your servers, you might want to update your ticket.
    DirectSpace Networks, LLC
    Virtual Private Servers [OpenVZ & KVM], Colocation, and Dedicated Servers
    Offering premium & scalable datacenter services for over 11 years