Shared web + reliable email; switch from Superb?

First post here. I have done a fair bit of reading and research here and around the web. I'm evaluating a change in hosting and am seeking advice / feedback here to compliment the other research I've done.

Current account: 1 shared hosting account with Superb for web and email hosting which I've had for 10 years. It runs ~$90/year. While my decade with Superb hasn't been totally trouble free, I've been sufficiently satisfied to stick around (until now).

Current websites: a total of ~2G of content across about 5 sites (with a total of 8 domains). Some is static HTML, the rest is low-resource php, gallery, etc. I don't have any problems with web hosting at the current time.

Current Email: 20 accounts, several of which are quite active. Current storage approaching 1G, >10,000 messages. Several users (myself included) have total inbound volume >100 messages per day including spam that makes it through the filters. Some now use IMAP and have larger ongoing storage needs. There is a 1G total size limit for all email accounts which is now regularly causing problems for our users.

The "big" problem which got me looking at a change: Email storage limit of 1G for the whole account is insufficient. Even with improved spam filtering (which we would like), it would be insufficient for our userbase. I asked about more storage and the answer was an insufficient long-term solution (extra gigs at high costs per gig). 10 years ago, 1G was plenty (no IMAP, much smaller attachments). Today, it's not. We need more storage now, and I could see number of files being an issue years down the road (10k+ now, 50k in a few years?).

Secondary problem: I'd like to upgrade at least one website (maybe all of them) with various multi-user features ala CMS, blog, forum etc. I presume that'll be more resource intensive. I doubt there'd be a problem with the current plan, but any new plan would need to handle relatively low traffic dynamic websites. Usage may go up if my users like the new features, but the userbase is small and will stay that way (<20 people).

I can afford more than I'm currently paying, but a significant increase seems unwarranted. I've compared a handful of shared hosting providers with prices around $120/year and under and am seeking feedback.

These providers are clearly not suitable:
    iPage: email limit of 250MB/box = non-starter
    Bluehost: 10 recipients/email = non-starter
    Namecheap/ 200MB/box = non-starter

These providers may be suitable:
    Arvixie: no published email limits. Are they reliable for email?
    Dreamhost: 100 recipients/hour = tolerable. No other limits I can find. Are they reliable for email?

My specific questions are:

1: Is it likely that Arvixie and/or Dreamhost would actually meet our needs? I've read the threads about Arvixie and they make me a tad nervous. Haven't seen enough feedback about Dreamhost email to have a solid opinion.

2: Are there other providers in the $100-$200/year range that would likely meet our needs?

3: Is there a better solution that I've missed?

As an aside, I don't see very much information at all here about Superb. Would a review be useful? Is this the right place for it?

New York
    Hi.. Firstly I would suggest that do not narrow down on your options as far as selecting a web hosting company is concerned. There are so many web hosts out there that are lesser known yet provide better deals and service than the famous ones.
    Your 2 main concerns are the budget and the email space. These days with so much competition in the web hosting market, you can easily find a good shared hosting plan with unlimited disk space, emails, bandwidth etc for less than $50/year. You are already paying a lot more than you should.
    Also with a budget of $100-$120 you can easily afford a VPS plan for a year!
    I would definitely advise you to go for a new shared hosting plan. Try out the service for a month and later opt for a yearly plan once you feel that all your hosting requirements are satisfied. Yearly plans will help you save some more money.
    Lastly do not forget to read all the feedbacks of existing customers via reviews. That is one of the best places to get a fair idea on the quality of service of any web hosting company!
    Last edited by alex0; 11-26-2013 at 02:18 AM.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Thank you for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by alex0 View Post
    Your 2 main concerns are the budget and the email space.
    Actually, I would say email space and reliability both before budget. As you can see, I've paid arguably above market prices for my service for quite some time. I had a prior bad experience with a hosting company which has made me reluctant to switch away from generally reliable service (even if not perfect).

These days with so much competition in the web hosting market, you can easily find a good shared hosting plan with unlimited disk space, emails, bandwidth etc for less than $50/year. You are already paying a lot more than you should.
    If the 'too good to be true' plans really are true, then I'm inclined to switch. I just want to be sure I'm not going to get a month or three down the road and have email troubles that make me regret the change.

It sounds like I should maybe try a new provider with one of my less-used domains before switching the most important one. Now, to decide which provider.....

Any other feedback on where to find good email from a shared hosting provider is certainly welcome.