Domain theft from godaddy account...

I don't know how... but my godaddy account has been hacked on the last Friday. The fk hacker transferred 3 of my domains into another godaddy account. He also changed the registrant for one domain and list the domain name onto bodis.com for sale....

I did get email notifications few minutes after the domain transfers, but I was driving at that time, so only read the emails and recognized the issue two hours later. Then I called godaddy customer service twice. The reps can only check the transfer history, can't do anything else, but asked me to send email requests to [email protected]. For the two domains that I am still listed as the registrant, they asked me to fill out the Change of Account/Email Update Request form.

I sent email as instructed, after 3 days long waiting.... they finally replied me today, but asked me two stupid questions. 1) Your association with this registrant. (The hacker...) 2) Any additional information you may have regarding how the current registrant was able to obtain control of the domain name. (God knows...) WTF, I don't know the person, I don't know how he possibly hacked into my account...

I replied undo with all the information I have. It's another 5 hours passed, no further update from them... Hopefully the two domains that I am still listed as the registrant have been retrieved back into my account.

Anyone here exprienced similiar issues before? Any suggestion what should I do to get the domain back asap? Thanks a lot!

Then don't get hacked.

You need to coordinate with GD and answer all the questions politely.

In the future, secure your account including your PC.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Contact GD support and explain them everything. They might ask some questions and document to verify your ownership. You should get your domain back in your GD account
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Thank you guys.

Anyone knows how to report this case to police? Is it useful?

I had 3 domain names stolen

Mine was also done on a Friday, after business hours. It seems like the security department there goes home then, so that's the best time to hack into someone account and mess with it. I sent 2 emails to [email protected] but have received no response, only another email from GoDaddy saying that 2 domains names have been deleted from my account, and there wasn't even a "contact with undo" option. I have a feeling I am going to get screwed . .

Quote Originally Posted by lazydavid View Post
    Mine was also done on a Friday, after business hours. It seems like the security department there goes home then, so that's the best time to hack into someone account and mess with it. I sent 2 emails to [email protected] but have received no response, only another email from GoDaddy saying that 2 domains names have been deleted from my account, and there wasn't even a "contact with undo" option. I have a feeling I am going to get screwed . .
    Can you login to your GoDaddy account? Which registrar were they transferred to?

Which registrar were they transferred to

I have received an email from this guy Bruce Ricks who says he "talked to godaddy and had them transfer the domain" I can't see how this is possible, it seems to me this guy Lonnie Heaton from infowest-dot-com got in there using my password. He says he will "transfer back "one" domain! This service won't let me post "linked to URLS", I tried pasting the whois for awarebuyers, but the registrar is still godaddy, and it says Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited

GoDaddy account access

I can still get in, I have set up a secondary security with phone number and SMS message. My skype is dave-is-where

you should contact godaddy support first,you can also report this to cyber crime cell for further safety.

I have read few domain hijacking issues with GoDaddy before. I think GoDaddy is good for hosting, but not best for the Domain registration purpose. Though its my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by azraf View Post
    I have read few domain hijacking issues with GoDaddy before. I think GoDaddy is good for hosting, but not best for the Domain registration purpose. Though its my personal opinion.
    I believe it's the other way around, although I agree with the domains theft incidences happening recently at GoDaddy and being reported here.

I hope your issue will get solved and you get your domains back.
    HostNurse.com - We Nurse & Babysit Your Websites!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    24/7 Support | cPanel | Softaculous | SEO Tools | RVSiteBuilder & More.

That's a bad news. Thanks for informing the other members so we can protect our accounts. I hope you will get your domains back soon.

I just had over 84 domains stolen from me and right now I am in the process of getting them back hopefully. I am using GoDaddy undo process. It's a nightmare so utilize the secondary security as mentioned above.

Yikes! Makes me glad to not be with Godaddy for domains. I recommend namecheap and name for domain registration if you aren't a reseller of domains.

Good luck with everyone that has seen their domains disappear. I hope you get them back quickly. I can't imagine the nightmare that would be if domains were taken from my possession.
    HostClearly.com
    HostClearly Web Hosting
    #WeAreYourBussinessPartner
    Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting since 2010!

It is beyond me why anyone uses such an inept company. Their techs and engineers are bottom feeders. If you can't get a job anywhere else due to lack of skill, then apply there.

Register at namecheap and host somewhere else. Sure namecheap's control panel is ugly but it works and they have a good security stance.

And let's not forget who stood where on dmca issues.

Quote Originally Posted by aoboau View Post
    but asked me two stupid questions. 1) Your association with this registrant. (The hacker...) 2) Any additional information you may have regarding how the current registrant was able to obtain control of the domain name. (God knows...) WTF, I don't know the person, I don't know how he possibly hacked into my account...
    Use your head before saying stupid things. Your ignorance reflects astonishingly bad on yourself.

Godaddy serves a lot of people. Godaddy DOES NOT KNOW YOU or how you were hacked. How do they know that this was not just your friend from down the street? They're not in your head to know that you accidently posted your Godaddy password onto Google Drive or something and somebody saw it.

They're not stupid questions so relax and go with the flow. You can solve all of this by not getting hacked in the first place...

Stupid questions....
    █ █ █

I think GoDaddy has a rep here on WHT. GoDaddy will definitely want to investigate what's going on. @OP Good luck getting you domains back.

You might also consider turning on 2 step authentication. With that, when you (or anyone else) tries to log into your account, godaddy will text you a code to enter before you can login. And if you start getting texts, you know something is up!

http://support.godaddy.com/help/arti...authentication

Then, unless the hacker has your cell phone, he cant use just your account number and password.

And good passwords....

Two way authentication only for us !

from godaddy link given abouve:

NOTE: At this time, only U.S.-based numbers can receive validation codes.

It's really sick to stick with them, if you are living in outside of usa.

It takes a lot to get me riled up and to upset me. I can roll with the punches and I am usually pretty flexible. The problem is that I have had to put up with so much from Godaddy, that I am close to blowing my top. Letís say you have a website that you have built from the ground up. This website is where you can go to express your creativity and share your knowledge with other designs. Youíve installed a WordPress site, customized it and have built up a decent amount of traffic. That site is your place to go to connect with other designers, and it is really taking off. Youíve had your hosting company for your portfolio site for a couple of years and it was fine, but your WordPress site inexplicably goes down. For no apparent reason, you get a database error or a 500 Internal Server Error. I have been experiencing this for a while. This is my Godaddy hosting nightmare. The reasons I mentioned above, and a few others are why I hate Godaddy as a hosting company.