Hybrid View

Question Access Email Without CPanel

I have a hosting provider that every few weeks, for days to weeks on end, leaves me locked out of my CPanel because "The server is not currently licensed."

Either they're using a fake CPanel or are having the worst continuity problems imaginable. I'm in the process of migrating out, but I receive a lot of emails that I need to respond to during the time I'm locked out. It's beyond totally unacceptable.

How can I access email without logging into CPanel?
    I've tried URL.com:2095 and that didn't help.

Any ideas?

You could set them up remotely, using something like Outkook/Thunderbird, or even direct to a smartphone - these wouldn't be affected by licensing.

Have you let your provider know about this though, as it's not good at all!

You can either configure email client like Outlook, Thunderbird etc. or if it is repeated issue, it better to find another provider.
    || Web Hosting Blog - Web Hosting security & latest web hosting industry Announcements
    || Web Hosting Discussion - A Web Hosting community

I've always used Mail2Web in a pinch:
    http://mail2web.com/

They have their own web interface that logs into an external POP3 or IMAP mail account.
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

Thank you all for the ideas and support.

I was able to access my email for a few days, until yesterday all of a sudden I couldn't even access the login page or the site even.

The timing was so coincidental it's funny...and I'm laughing so hard.

I opened a bunch of support tickets(this wasn't the first time I couldn't login because CPanel wasn't activated) and have never heard back. I've never treated a client like this. I just don't understand.

Thanks again, and I'll post with updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradition View Post
    How can I access email without logging into CPanel?
    If cpanel is unlicenced, you wont get into webmail etc, you _may_ be able to d/load the mail files by FTP (if the service isnt halted)

You need to just get on with migrating to a decent hosting service.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by astutiumRob View Post
    .. ain't that the truth!

OP, next time you have access to cpanel, make sure that you get a full backup of your site and find a reputable host.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by astutiumRob View Post
    If cpanel is unlicenced, you wont get into webmail etc, you _may_ be able to d/load the mail files by FTP (if the service isnt halted)

You can not say the cpanel is unlicensed just because that error shows up. It is very likely to be the license file got corrupted after some sort of automatic update. cPanel installation does see that time to time. The best way is to contact the provider and ask for explanation.
    Mellowhost - Providing High Quality Web Hosting Services since 2007
    SSD Cpanel Shared, SSD OpenVZ & KVM VPS Hosting
    A Hosting Provider with Complete SSD VPS & Shared Hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by mellow-h View Post
    You can not say the cpanel is unlicensed just because that error shows up. It is very likely to be the license file got corrupted after some sort of automatic update. cPanel installation does see that time to time. The best way is to contact the provider and ask for explanation.
    Only an idiot allows software to auto-update, and if it was related to that, it would be a 'once-in-a-blue-moon' event, not a recurring issue ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tradition View Post
    I have a hosting provider that every few weeks, for days to weeks on end, leaves me locked out of my CPanel because "The server is not currently licensed."
    Is a common 'trick' used by some budget providers to bounce the licences between servers, in order to pay for less of them and/or to keep cyclling server IP in order to reuse the trial licences
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules