With Bluehost now, considering moving to another webhost

Hi, currently, I'm with Bluehost for almost a year. So far, it is great service in terms of support and billing. However, my Wordpress logins are very slow to my various websites. Especially in the evening and nights (Central time), it got worse.
    After speaking to a Bluehost sales rep about upgrading to the Pro shared package, I found out that with the standard shared plan, there are 1200+ accounts on a same server. The Pro shared plan is at around 200+ and with the VPS, it goes down to 8 accounts.
    I don't mind moving to the Pro shared plan provided I can see a significant improvement but can someone chime in if they have a Bluehost Pro shared plan?
    I'm also considering A2, Siteground and Arvixe.

Quote Originally Posted by sohowebtalk View Post
    Hi, currently, I'm with Bluehost for almost a year. So far, it is great service in terms of support and billing. However, my Wordpress logins are very slow to my various websites. Especially in the evening and nights (Central time), it got worse.
    After speaking to a Bluehost sales rep about upgrading to the Pro shared package, I found out that with the standard shared plan, there are 1200+ accounts on a same server. The Pro shared plan is at around 200+ and with the VPS, it goes down to 8 accounts.
    I don't mind moving to the Pro shared plan provided I can see a significant improvement but can someone chime in if they have a Bluehost Pro shared plan?
    I'm also considering A2, Siteground and Arvixe.
    That number is probably just on that "1" IP assigned to that server. You most likely don't need to upgrade, just need a btter host.

Yeah sounds like their server is probably oversold. I recommend FreshRostedHosting and CrocWeb for alternatives.

I doubt you'll have to upgrade. They're probably just trying to upsell you. Have you looked into optimizing your WordPress site? If anything, move to a better host and not one of BlueHost's sister companies.

Quote Originally Posted by JFSG View Post
    I doubt you'll have to upgrade. They're probably just trying to upsell you. Have you looked into optimizing your WordPress site? If anything, move to a better host and not one of BlueHost's sister companies.
    +1, there was recently a thread about their upselling recently.

I would recommend you taking a look at StableHost, HawkHost, CrocWeb or MDDHosting. You can usually let providers know what your current usage statistics are and they'll be able to recommend the best plan to fit your needs.

I'd move from BlueHost as fast as possible if I were you. Best of luck on your search
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ Running your web hosting business has never been easier - Hostistic.com
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ More Details coming soon!

No, they didn't try to upsell me. I was the one who called them.
    Why would I be frustrated again?
    The web hosts I have never heard of them. I don't want a fly by night web hosting company that may disappear all of a sudden.

The web hosts I have never heard of them. I don't want a fly by night web hosting company that may disappear all of a sudden.
    None of these hosts are "fly by night" hosts, they've been in business for years and I can assure you that they're not going anywhere. However I understand if you have your doubts.

Out of the 3 that you mentioned, I would go with Arvixe.
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ Running your web hosting business has never been easier - Hostistic.com
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ More Details coming soon!

You don't hear of most companies that'll be listed here because they're not paying $50+ commissions. Look at 99.9% of review sites, they're mostly hosts all owned by the same company. They're only on there for one reason; the site owner is only worried about making their commission, not referring you to good service.

Unless you want to continue to have slow sites, you're better off moving.

Here's what'll happen; your sites are slow now, you'll upgrade and will be fine for a while, but then that server will start getting jam packed and you'll be right back to square 1.

EDIT: Smaller companies such as HawkHost, StableHost, MDD Hosting etc unfortunately blow these so called "top" hosts out of the water when it comes to performance, reliability & quality.

I'll consider one of the three you guys mentioned. I'm glad I came here to search for more webhosting sites.

I'll consider one of the three you guys mentioned. I'm glad I came here to search for more webhosting sites.
    You can ask potential host about server IP that your account would be activated and check how many sites are hosted.
    With proper server management and powerful hardware, a server can host 1000+ websites with no issue though.
    A wordpress page should be loaded within a second.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Blue Host has had a lot of issues. A client I am redesigning site for a client that is ironically being moved off of Blue Host due to the issues.

I recommend Crissic Solutions in this case.
    Last edited by Silvatech; 11-25-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    You can ask potential host about server IP that your account would be activated and check how many sites are hosted.
    With proper server management and powerful hardware, a server can host 1000+ websites with no issue though.
    A wordpress page should be loaded within a second.
    This is correct, it should be easily done, unless something is wrong with your site or you have a lot of traffic.

As someone said previously, I'd focus on optimization.

You shouldn't have enough traffic to cause a large slow down without making enough money to pay for dedicated hosting or something along those lines.

I will post below what I mentioned in another thread similar to your request.

A sad reality that you will learn about hosting...the big popular hosts are actually the worst ones to get service with.

It's like comparing WalMart to a local shop. Walmart doesn't care about customers and only wants $$$$$. The local shop, although may be slightly higher priced, will make sure you get what you need with personal service attached to it...and especially with WordPress, a good host is always a better option.

Here a good game plan;

1. Look in the offers section http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

2. Write down 5 hosts that fit your needs

3. Search for reviews about those hosts on here

4. contact them with every possible question you could think of

5. when you decide on the host, let them take care of the migration for you

I hope that helps. General rule...picking a host because it's cheap will bring you back here looking for help again in a week.

Wow! I never realized there are so many web hosting companies! Sounds like maybe some are home based webhosting companies running from a garage? ;-)
    I don't mind paying a bit more.
    Since I'm in Canada, CrocWeb and CanSpace are my top choices to consider. Anyone knows much about these two companies?

Wow! I never realized there are so many web hosting companies! Sounds like maybe some are home based webhosting companies running from a garage? ;-)
    I don't mind paying a bit more.
    Oh yeah, there are many. There is a large number of "basement" hosts that are fly by nights, BUT some of the "unknown" hosts that you will find on here fall into the medium sized hosts and take care of a few hundred to a few thousands of customers and do an excellent job at it.

Good Luck with your search.

Yes looks like its time you made the shift to another web host. You could check with the advertisement section of this forum itself for the latest offers. Since you are worried about getting cheated by a "fly by night web hosting company", check the reviews for customer feedbacks before selecting a web host. Also initially go for a monthly plan to test the service before committing for a year. There are load of options available, I am sure you will find a good deal and service.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor