Reseller offering branded WHMCS but claims 100% White Label?!

Per the subject is it misleading for a Hosting Reseller to offer a "100% White Label" setup but do not offer a way to get unbranded WHMCS license other than purchasing an unbranded WHMCS license from whmcs.com yourself? I understand some Hosting Resellers offer an unbranded WHMCS license for a fee for much less than purchasing the same from whmcs.com.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally it would be nice to know Hosting Resellers which offer an unbranded WHMCS. If I'm not mistaken I believe HostGator does.

Thanks.

Not really misleading, since the purpose of "white label" hosting is to mask the fact that you're buying your hosting service through a reseller.

I'm sure there are plenty of hosts offering unbranded WHMCS, I just wouldn't call it misleading not to do so.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

I agree with Lisa, unless they state "Unbranded WHMCS" then it will be branded. White Labelled means nothing to indicate your a reseller of another company eg:

Your host: companyname.com

Your domain: yourdomain.com

Your control panel & DNS: randomname.com

I don't see why you would necessarily need to hide the fact that you're using a billing system such as WHMCS. Sure, you can go for a unbranded license to remove the footer backlink to WHMCS, but most customers and visitors will know that you're using WHMCS anyway. Plus, showing that you use WHMCS does not at all mean you are using a reseller account or are a reseller for another provider. I really don't think it is misleading at as long as everything else that is "white label" hides the fact that you are indeed a reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneZSolutions View Post
    I don't see why you would necessarily need to hide the fact that you're using a billing system such as WHMCS. Sure, you can go for a unbranded license to remove the footer backlink to WHMCS, but most customers and visitors will know that you're using WHMCS anyway. Plus, showing that you use WHMCS does not at all mean you are using a reseller account or are a reseller for another provider. I really don't think it is misleading at as long as everything else that is "white label" hides the fact that you are indeed a reseller.

WHMcs is so recognizable, many see no need for the unbranded version. If you're concerned about "white label" the IP whois and rdns settings are things to look at, WHMcs not so much.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

As far as I consider to have WHMCS copyrighted log is irrelative to whitelabel subject as a whole. Everyone knows WHMCS is WHMCS at first glance and if a customer does not understand it was WHMCS I would feel the customer would not know a lot more including what whitelabel is. So you shall not worry about branded billing system.

Warm regards
    Ceko

White label has nothing to do with billing system. It's actrully dealing with the reseller account. By whitelable they mean possibly private name servers etc and ither features so that your clients and viewers won't know you are on a reseller and who's your upstream provider/ it has nothing to do with whmcs.

Some hosts offer unbranded whmcs for a small extra fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_BEE View Post
    Additionally it would be nice to know Hosting Resellers which offer an unbranded WHMCS. If I'm not mistaken I believe HostGator does.
    You are mistaken. HG offer branded WHMCS. Of course you can pay upgrade $5/month to remove WHMCS link.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

To keep a reseller under wraps you would choose private label if applicable. Hostgator offers this.

Most customers prefer to know you are using a reliable billing system with SSL active. There really isn't a need to remove the footer links. If someone wanted to find out what billing system your using they could with little or no effort.

Even private label hosting from a reseller can still be sniffed out.

WD