Preventing Closed by QUIT

Hello,

while i am using an ssh client to monitor exim logs on real time using tail -f, after monitoring about 5 to 10 minutes, i get the message 'closed by QUIT'. this annoying me, coz i have to reconnect again every time. any way to prevent this?

i have ticked the option 'ssh keep alive' too in the ssh client configuration

Thumbs up ClientAliveCountMax

sounds like your ssh server is timing out and closing your session, if you have access to the server check the sshd_config and the "ClientAliveCountMax" setting so that it gives you more time.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualempire View Post
    sounds like your ssh server is timing out and closing your session, if you have access to the server check the sshd_config and the "ClientAliveCountMax" setting so that it gives you more time.
    hai virtualemprire,

ClientAliveCountMax is set to 3.

set it to 20

sometimes between ssh server and ssh client the "ACK" signal doesnt get replied to and the connection is dropped, try bumping it up and then it wont time you out.

btw,

this problem happens in my office windows pc which is attached to local intranet with around 100 computers having shared the internet. the connection is also bit slowing down time to time.

i have a linux pc at my home and if i run putty in that, it seems no problem. now i have been tailing the exmim in putty now for 1 hour. no problem.

so slow connection might also a factor for this problem i think.

but internet is not completely dropping at office though...

set it to 20

sometimes between ssh server and ssh client the "ACK" signal doesnt get replied to and the connection is dropped, try bumping it up and then it wont time you out.
    sure ill be trying that

it could be the slow connection ,but when I ran into that it was the ACK reply getting blocked and the connection being dropped.

BTW, I am using windows with zoc ssh, best ssh out there for windows! I only use putty for "emergencies"

it could be the slow connection ,but when I ran into that it was the ACK reply getting blocked and the connection being dropped.

BTW, I am using windows with zoc ssh, best ssh out there for windows! I only use putty for "emergencies"
    Thanks, very usueful tips, i never heard of ACKs until now
    ill foolow this instructions to keep the session alive.

http://www.syn-ack.org/centos-linux/...ing-time-outs/

Hai folks,

i tried all your suggessions + more turotials online to keep the ssh session alive. but non of them worked for me.

but, i found 'ConfigServer Security & Firewall' > 'system log watch' within the whm is the only think that works for me continually.
    very interestingly it automatically continues even after 'Closed by QUIT' is shown. kudus to CSF!

Thanks folks for trying to solve my issue!