Exclamation WHMCS Slow Ticket Response

Hello,

I have had a ticket open with WHMCS for 3 probably going on 4 days now there time. I have replied numerous times to the ticket and yet there support team is not responding. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I like the WHMCS billing software and I really don't want to ditch it for another as there are so many API moduals that work with it.

Any help would be Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by PrismGridHosting View Post
    Hello,

I have had a ticket open with WHMCS for 3 probably going on 4 days now there time. I have replied numerous times to the ticket and yet there support team is not responding. Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I like the WHMCS billing software and I really don't want to ditch it for another as there are so many API moduals that work with it.

Any help would be Appreciated.
    Each time you reply, it's bumps the ticket down the queue.

Also, WHMCS is a software company, not a "24-7" support company. A few days seems like longer than normal.
    █| VEEROTECH.NET - Shared, Reseller & VPS Hosting
    █| High Performance *Pure SSD* CloudLinux & LiteSpeed Powered Web Hosting
    █| cPanel & WHM - Softaculous - Website Builder - R1Soft - SpamExperts - Let's Encrypt

Welcome to the community as stated your just decreasing your chance of it being answered, you can post on their forum maybe you'll get a faster reply there, or PM WHMCS-Matt here, or WHMCS-John.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ Licensecart.com ~ sales(➾)licensecart.com ~ webhostbundle.com
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reply's, to be honest and this is gonna sound silly of me I never thought about bumping the ticket down further in the cue each time I reply. I guess I'll just have a lil patience then

Just trying to get this problem fixed as we want to get our promo going soon

Quote Originally Posted by PrismGridHosting View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for your reply's, to be honest and this is gonna sound silly of me I never thought about bumping the ticket down further in the cue each time I reply. I guess I'll just have a lil patience then

Just trying to get this problem fixed as we want to get our promo going soon
    Stop.... It's not silly of you to not consider that, yikes its got this bad now! Unfortunately most companies here use some terribly written helpdesk software [name omitted, infer from above] that tries to make this the norm and then blames the customers. There dozens of legitmate reasons that a customer may decide to suffix a ticket with further information, extend a query, or even just request a follow up, without considering as a side effect it will push to the bottom of the queue. It's pretty sad because it would only a take a trivial query to rank by last reply from an agent/company rather than last reply but its never seen to be requested..
    MattF - Since the start..

Quote Originally Posted by MattF View Post
    some terribly written helpdesk software [name omitted, infer from above]
    It's not helpdesk software; it's client billing software with a helpdesk added on. Yes, it could be better and configurable, but it's not the main focus or function of the product.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

I don't get the
    You reply, we're going to bump you down to the bottom of the list
    attitude with companies. Having recently gone through this with stardock (they ignored license reset ticket for 48 hours, so I replied), it just pisses me off.

I get that sometimes people get busy, but come on, a human reply should be managable within 1-2 days, no?
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Oh, don't get me wrong WHMCS is a great program and if you know some scripting skills you can make it do what you need it to do by building the moduals your company needs.

Yes, I understand that customer support in 1-2 days is always good for the norm. But sometimes you run into these problems what can I say? I just hope that if WHMCS-John or one of the other WHMCS team members out there sees this gets in touch with me. I would PM them but I can't yet because I haven't met WHT requirements to obtain those permissions yet

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    It's not helpdesk software; it's client billing software with a helpdesk added on. Yes, it could be better and configurable, but it's not the main focus or function of the product.
    Regardless, it's not the customers concern, they shouldnt have to understand odd/illogical internals of whmcs, the customer shouldnt care if you've commissioned your own helpdesk, use salesforce or use whmcs's laughable logic. All too frequently (should be a hint in itself) we see hosts (burst.net, tmz etc..) on this forum throw it back to the customer that "duh!" they should know if they add more info to the ticket it goes to the bottom, just because they the [service provider] selected flawed software. This thread is just another demonstration of that (unfortunately the OP for a moment thought he was kind of silly)... We'll be here again in a few days with another "silly" customer, money is on the VPS forum..
    Last edited by MattF; 11-26-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    MattF - Since the start..

Well I finally got the response from them and unfortunately I have to say that on the subject of responding pushes the ticket back to the bottom of the cue I have to say you all were right on this one. I now know this, and in the future it won't happen. Thanks all for you help.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF View Post
    Regardless, it's not the customers concern, they shouldnt have to understand odd/illogical internals of whmcs
    As mentioned, it would be better if that were configurable, but even if it was it would be up to the company using it to choose how to do that. WHMCS, as a company, decided that's how it should be done and chose to bake it into the script instead of leaving a choice. Having been a user for quite some time, earlier versions of the desk felt like an afterthought, to add some value. Though improved since then, we tend to use external desks and integrate instead. The integration with the billing info was great, but the ticket system itself wasn't to our liking.

Interestingly, desks like Kayako allow ticket sorting by a slew of options, including setting it to "last reply" and descending/ascending, as well as start date. That "last reply" bit would effectively mimic WHMCS. It's by choice, however, and the sign of a helpdesk app vs billing with help added on.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post
    Each time you reply, it's bumps the ticket down the queue.

Also, WHMCS is a software company, not a "24-7" support company. A few days seems like longer than normal.
    This perfectly explained post explains it all. Just sit back and wait for them to get to your ticket. Who knows, you were probably next in line several times but were bumped right back down the que each time
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Ticket response times tend to be very random. I've had responses in under 10 minutes, I've had responses that take 2 days. Due to all the recent updates / bugs / security issues I'm sure they've been overwhelmed with tickets regarding updates and such. There's been a heck of a lot more releases in the past few months than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by cpoalmighty View Post
    Just sit back and wait for them to get to your ticket.
    This is just a flat out unreasonable response.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpoalmighty View Post
    Who knows, you were probably next in line several times but were bumped right back down the que each time
    Yet even more unprofessional activity from WHMCS. not a surprise there

The reality is that these people control a company's lifeline and the cavalier attitude with which they respond to things like gateways breaking, take days to respond to a helpdesk ticket, even hours for urgent tickets, it's just unprofessional to say the least.

Yes, they may not be a 24x7 support company, but they need to respond to urgent issues within 1-2 hours, and all issues within 24 hours. Anything less is just pathetic and someone being cheap over there.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details