Exclamation Atlantic.net - STAY AWAY - Four months review

Hello guys.

We have been with Atlantic.net for 4 months now.
    Since we joined Atlantic, we have been experiencing downtimes twice a week (some weeks are even worst).

On the beggining of November, we had a major downtime, and their team was unable to get the Cloud back alive. At that time, they lost our data, and they had to roll back our server, and they restored a backup 15 days old. They said all new data had been lost.

Their services are really unstable. Somehow our Apache stopped working, and they said it was because of too many "Hard rebooots". The problem is that I have never done a Hard Reboot there.

At this time, our apache's mod_rewrite stopped working, and their team is not able to fix it. They are asking to delete our current VM and create a new one. That is not accpetable on a production server.

If you are looking for a test or development server, they are ok... If you are looking for a production server, stay away from these guys.

NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Hello guys.

We have been with Atlantic.net for 4 months now.
    Since we joined Atlantic, we have been experiencing downtimes twice a week (some weeks are even worst).

On the beggining of November, we had a major downtime, and their team was unable to get the Cloud back alive. At that time, they lost our data, and they had to roll back our server, and they restored a backup 15 days old. They said all new data had been lost.

Their services are really unstable. Somehow our Apache stopped working, and they said it was because of too many "Hard rebooots". The problem is that I have never done a Hard Reboot there.

At this time, our apache's mod_rewrite stopped working, and their team is not able to fix it. They are asking to delete our current VM and create a new one. That is not accpetable on a production server.

If you are looking for a test or development server, they are ok... If you are looking for a production server, stay away from these guys.

NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep, go with HostDime, right next door to Atlantic.net's datacenter, yet HD is much much better.

Hi,

We are having problems with our older servers [which you are on if you are having these problems] but we don't provision to those anymore. We also sent a note explaining that you can either migrate to our newer servers or to our next generation platform which will be available in a few weeks.

We definately have not been crashing twice a week. If you PM your account I will escalate to get your problems taken care of.

Long story short, we stuck with a technology vendor that let us down, we are re-writing our code to eliminate them from our technology stack.

I apologize for the problems you and any other customers on those servers have experienced. We stopped provisioning to those servers months ago, and will eventually migrate everyone remaining to our generation 2 platform.

Sincerely,

marty
    << signature should be setup in profile >>
    Last edited by net; 12-08-2013 at 09:27 PM.

I had a very similar experience with them with hours of downtime. This was during when they over provisioned the cloud.

After two major downtimes and losing more money then the SLA could even cover, we moved away back to Storm.

Hi Sohan:

Yes, we did have problems several months ago. We have been in business almost 20 years, so its not the case that we are fly by night operation. We've made a number of changes suggested by the vendor who let us down, and they seemed to have fixed most of the serious problems. In a few short weeks, we'll be rolling out a new technology stack that will eliminate them all together. This software was made by a top 5 technology company, so we assumed it would work/be stable, especially because it was supposed to be mature. But, we know how things can change in techology, and so we adapted by moving away from them all together [since we're not 100% sure all the bugs have been worked out].

We have exciting things in the works and hope you give us a chance again in the future.

Thanks!

-marty
    << snipped >>
    Last edited by net; 12-08-2013 at 09:29 PM.