Hybrid View

Tried renewing OVH server, still offline

I maintain a small box I use for testing stuff out with at OVH.

This was set to expire on November 10th and then they give you 5 days to renew it. So I renewed it on the 11th.

Their panel -> http://puu.sh/5sEQT/2322c72e3c.png
    PayPal -> http://puu.sh/5sEKZ/ad895eb525.png

These are taken today. It's not a vital box but still not live yet, which is now causing me headaches since some of the code I have been testing are on there.

I know it's a budget provider and all, but I renewed a server, is it too much to ask that the payment that I submitted to renew the server be accepted within at most a week?!

Contact their support.

Their system is flawed sometimes. I have over 20 servers with them and a few weeks ago I paid Friday morning (due that same day) however Saturday morning I woke up to the shock of them all being suspended for payment being overdue...

I had to wait until Monday morning when their sales team to approve the payment.

Really sucks... They didn't offer any compensation

Better you contact them regarding this matter.

I am sure they will resolve it asap.
    More than decade with webhosting!

It are probably still manual actions they have to do after a box has been pulled out or taken down.
    I hope you can have it resolved quickly with their support.

In weekends they probably don't give priority to support requests unless they are critical.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

Quote Originally Posted by derp View Post
    I maintain a small box I use for testing stuff out with at OVH.

This was set to expire on November 10th and then they give you 5 days to renew it. So I renewed it on the 11th.

Their panel -> http://puu.sh/5sEQT/2322c72e3c.png
    PayPal -> http://puu.sh/5sEKZ/ad895eb525.png

These are taken today. It's not a vital box but still not live yet, which is now causing me headaches since some of the code I have been testing are on there.

I know it's a budget provider and all, but I renewed a server, is it too much to ask that the payment that I submitted to renew the server be accepted within at most a week?!
    You should try calling them & let them know aboutthe situation, I am sure their team would be able to resolve it quickly for you.

In this case you are better off just contacting them and see if they tell you why the payment still has not been applied if you made the payment. Never heard of a company suspending servers that fast, especially if their system has problems that is causing that to happen.
    Last edited by marisc; 11-25-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Did you use different payment method this time?
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

I've always used the exact same PayPal business verified account paying them. Their phone support leads to nowhere unless you buy the VIP support which is a year commitment costing several hundred dollars and their email is just as ignored as their phone lines.

What's the point of requiring photo ID and utility bill then afterwards manually approving each and every order (and not doing it after several weeks)

Their suspension and re-activation system is all automatic.

If you paid with a credit card, then it is activated automatically after about one minute. HOWEVER, you pay with PayPal, then an employee has to manually verify the payment and hence the delay you get.

Quote Originally Posted by NateN34 View Post
    Their suspension and re-activation system is all automatic.

If you paid with a credit card, then it is activated automatically after about one minute. HOWEVER, you pay with PayPal, then an employee has to manually verify the payment and hence the delay you get.
    What for 2+ weeks?

I'll try paying with card, they haven't even taken the PayPal payment out yet so I guess that'll just eventually close.

edit: just paid with card, will be very irritated if I find a double charge on my statement... also, this Manager thing looks highly incomplete...
    Last edited by derp; 11-26-2013 at 02:39 AM.

What happens if you call their billing department? Can they expedite the checks?
    i3D.net (www.i3d.net) - Contact our sales team at: sales@i3d.net
    Global leader in Performance Hosting with global reach: https://www.i3d.net/one-platform/locations/
    Network and servers present on 35+ internet exchanges, 6 continents and 20 countries