i have searched few articles about hdd rpm and ssd, but i'm not sure what type of drive that suit for my blog.
here's my blog detail:
- 1,1 Million+ posts [disk cache with 10 years cache rebuild - no expiration]
- 1,7 GB Database
- Plugin WP W3 Total Cache [no cache expiration]
- 3 Images & 1 css for every single page / post
- 100k+ unique hits per day [3 hits/second]
- 0,3 - 0,5 second google crawl rate per page [from google webmasters report]
my vps specs:
- 4 core cpu @2,4 GHz
- 1 GB dedicated RAM, 2 GB burst
currently i'm using vps with hdd raid10 [dont know how many rpm]
vps resource is fine, cpu load and ram look good, but now im getting worried about disk IO.
My questions are:
- Should i use ssd or keep using hdd?
To check the disk io run this command
This will help you understand what is the current read and write speeds being consumed / used and then you can decide your actions based on the observations.
CFG Web Hosting Company, Haryana, India
Premium CDN Based cPanel Hosting & Dedicated Servers