gaming Windows VPS

I found on web, that it is getting more and more popular to use game streaming, which is allowing endless opportunities. Ray traced Wolfenstein running on laptops and tablets could be the example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVZDH15TRro

However, I can't find any info on web how I could use similar thing to use servers, which could run (lets say regular PC games, like GTA4 or CryEngine game development software) by streaming on remote computer. I only finding solutions, which offering Windows 2008 or 2012 with extremely poor quality of graphics.

I also know that connection is usually sufficient enough to use streaming with Splashtop to achieve 20-30 fps for 1440x900 resolution, as I am using it to connect to my office computer from home. If server have greater speeds, it should be just better with streaming, as it would only depend on my computer. So streaming is not a problem at all.

The problem is that I can't find powerful enough servers (problems seems to be mainly with graphic cards), which would allow to play such games seamless. Do you guys know what is the true face of this situation?

You will need to order a custom dedicated server with a GPU from providers like softlayer or balticservers in order to be able to play high end games.VPS are used for hosting websites, hosting game servers etc and have very limited graphics functionality.

Thanks for links. As I found balticservers are offering cheapest GPU solutions for about 2000 dollars in a year. Is such price reasonable if I would be interested just to play games like GTA4, which does not require a lot of graphics and regular desktop graphics cards are sufficient enough. Are such alternatives (to regular desktop PC) available in the market at the moments for cheaper price?

Quote Originally Posted by chanfort View Post
    Thanks for links. As I found balticservers are offering cheapest GPU solutions for about 2000 dollars in a year. Is such price reasonable if I would be interested just to play games like GTA4, which does not require a lot of graphics and regular desktop graphics cards are sufficient enough. Are such alternatives (to regular desktop PC) available in the market at the moments for cheaper price?
    99.99% of dedicated servers are without high end GPU and thats because thereis hardly any demand for them.Best solution for you would be to choose colocation instead of renting a dedicated server.In this way hardware would be yours and DC would charge you a smaller fee for using bandwidth, power etc.

Or talk to any DC which offers dedicated servers & try to convince them that you pay for the GPU's price in advance(or you buy or send them).

These would be the only possible solutions for now.In the US, datashack or wholesaleinternet would be nice cheap options but if you need it in EU you may contact hetzner & leaseweb.

Thanks. I also found on the internet, that Amazon services are offering some solutions with Nvidia (Nvidia Tesla or something). Does anyone have experience with these?

I found these Amazon services, which are offered here:
    https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/p...ie=UTF8&sr=0-2

It is saying that hourly rate would be 0.767 dollars. But if I choosing to run this instance it is starting to show monthly estimate to be 552.24 dollars.
    My interest now is the following:
    1. Does anyone have experience with this specific Amazon service?
    2. Would it be possible not to use it for full month, but to run for just a few hours per day?
    3. Would I be charged to pay these 552.24 dollars instantly if I would chose this service?

I do not have experience with AWS but a friend told me his vps is charged monthly even listed with hourly rate.
    I find those vps plans with hourly rate are very confusing.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise