Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guys I used the cheapest provider I could find even though they had some bad reviews and now my sites are gone, how many million can I sue for? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    Guys I used the cheapest provider I could find even though they had some bad reviews and now my sites are gone, how many million can I sue for? TIA.
    Welcome to the Legal Advice Department. To answer your questions;

1. why did you use a cheap $1 provider??? You could have gotten more value from the 39 cent host that offers unlimited Caesar salads

2. you saw 10 bad reviews??? Those ones are just a slap on the wrist. Wait until you see the other 399718677 bad reviews since 2012!!!

3. you can sue that host for thousands, millions, or whatever infinite number you could think of. Let's drag this out in court as long as possible....maybe for about 15 years.....my children will be ready for university....and we only take cash payments

4. your sites are not gone, they're hiding. It was the safest option next to saving everything to floppy disks. I think I smell a drive burning

Quote Originally Posted by SkyNetHosting View Post
    No offence but what made you go with them in the first place, price tag?
    I have over 1400 pr domains, so I spread the hosting around a bit. Seems like a wise move rather than putting your eggs in one basket. I have to say what this company has done borders on the criminal, they are meant to host your sites, not add subdomains for seo without your knowledge. That is like me turning up to your premises and using a room for myself.

They have caused huge financial losses to anyone who invested in a PR network. Using the excuse that all sites have been hacked is so lame.Like they were all hacked at the same time. Of course you would have to prove what they did was intentional which is basically impossible as they will just say sorry our server was compromised, tough ****.
    Last edited by maxdon; 12-03-2013 at 03:49 AM.

Hi,

Actually its very difficult next to impossible to sue for whatever any web hosting. Main reason is the TOS. Second reason is hardly they will be in your Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Play Hosting View Post
    Hi,

Actually its very difficult next to impossible to sue for whatever any web hosting. Main reason is the TOS. Second reason is hardly they will be in your Country.
    It's easy to sue - especially if you're in the same locale - it's not so easy to win.

The Terms of Service provision doesn't keep you from filing suit but can and likely will result in the suit being thrown out as soon as it's before a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    It's easy to sue - especially if you're in the same locale - it's not so easy to win.

The Terms of Service provision doesn't keep you from filing suit but can and likely will result in the suit being thrown out as soon as it's before a judge.
    Lets agree do disagree So far i have not seen a single law case that makes to the court.

Funny thread.. Good luck!!

Who needs daytime Soap operas when we have this sort of entertainment.

OP if your SEO "company" is so important, then you would not have put your link farm on an SEO host - you would have had your link spamming sites er blogs spread out with as many hosts as possible - and NOt for the different IP's but to be able to maintain the spammy links for your clients when a host has issues of any kind.

Reality, you only have yourself to blame, but good luck with your action - can't wait to hear the outcome!
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Play Hosting View Post
    Lets agree do disagree So far i have not seen a single law case that makes to the court.
    http://blog.internetcases.com/2009/1...rude-customer/

omg another SEO hosting thread, can't you see it's a gimmick?

Quote Originally Posted by dr carter View Post
    I can't understand why OP even needs to consider suing ideastack.

Per their TOS he is required to maintain his own insurance for any loss he may encounter. He just needs to file a claim with his insurance provider for his losses.

If we look further down in their tos

It actually appears OP could actually be required to reimburse ideastack for any time of theirs he wastes due to him (presumably) not obtaining insurance as required.

You even specifically agreed that Ideastack may be hacked and you are OK with it:
    Well damn, that is the most interesting find in this whole thread.

All this talk of ToS is stupid.

It's fairly obvious that "their" ToS was lifted from Innohosting.

Google any part of it. Example:
    refers to the relevant domain names Registry
    The results?
    - Innohosting (real host, real company) @ http://www.innohosting.com/tos.htm
    - lots of copycat kiddies

I doubt these clowns even know what's even written there. Just web page text to them.

If it can be proven that you've simply copied contracts from others, without their permission, then it's like not having any at all.

Typical.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    If it can be proven that you've simply copied contracts from others, without their permission, then it's like not having any at all.

Typical.
    Can you cite some court cases indicating that this is, indeed, the truth?

Plagiarizing a contract does not make the contract unenforceable. It does, however, potentially open whoever plagiarized the contract to a civil suit for theft of intellectual property.

Just because something seems like it should be true does not make it true. Until you cite some sources that back up your statement I'm going to have to say you're incorrect.

At the end of the day the end user shouldn't put themselves in the position of needing to find loopholes imho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12