* Did anyone get phone call from scammer?

Hi all,

Did any one get called to scammed around? I just get called today on the phone about my computer is in danger and need to be take care of???

The guy called me and was telling me to download his software on my machine so he can take care of. So I did (Virtually) and replied to him "Done so what's next?" Even I wasn't using any computer or laptop. Of course I knew that he is a scammer and just wanted to play with him around .

They were telling me that they have a company and a website which they are providing the security management system named teche4pc [dot] com. But the conversation wasn't take so long. Because I was busy with other stuffs. Then when I came back to home and checked out his website and looked at the ip of website that was hosted with fitser. Same origin from India (maybe the same guy I don't know just imagine).
    So any one on WHT usually get phone calls like this?? Or they just dial randomly? Before I used to get emails (still getting some) and now receiving phone calls now.
    Hosting for Wordpress Lovers
    Host with loves.

These are extremely common in the UK, ive personally taken a few of these calls. One guy knew my computer was infected even without it being plugged in :p - people fall for it though thats the problem.
    █ • North Hosts Limited - Company Number 8808995 Affordable UK Web Hosting
    █ • Shared • Reseller • VPS • Dedicated • 24/7/365 Support • Instant Activation
    █ • Trendy Site Builder • CloudFlare • Softaculous • Seo Tools • cPanel

Scammer calls are common all over the world just ignore them.
    Failure is success if we learn from it.

Get those all the time (the National do not call list has no teeth). Last one that called said he could tell from his logs that my computer was infected and he could fix it remotely. I asked if it was ok to put him on hold while I unpacked the computer which I just got home with. Told him I was glad he called, otherwise who knows what could have happened...
    Quickly put him on hold, and left him there. Wonder how long he stayed on?
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Quote Originally Posted by khan856 View Post
    Hi all,

Did any one get called to scammed around? I just get called today on the phone about my computer is in danger and need to be take care of???

The guy called me and was telling me to download his software on my machine so he can take care of. So I did (Virtually) and replied to him "Done so what's next?" Even I wasn't using any computer or laptop. Of course I knew that he is a scammer and just wanted to play with him around .

They were telling me that they have a company and a website which they are providing the security management system named teche4pc [dot] com. But the conversation wasn't take so long. Because I was busy with other stuffs. Then when I came back to home and checked out his website and looked at the ip of website that was hosted with fitser. Same origin from India (maybe the same guy I don't know just imagine).
    So any one on WHT usually get phone calls like this?? Or they just dial randomly? Before I used to get emails (still getting some) and now receiving phone calls now.
    phone scams and email scams (phishing) are all over, just ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthHosts View Post
    These are extremely common in the UK, ive personally taken a few of these calls. One guy knew my computer was infected even without it being plugged in :p - people fall for it though thats the problem.
    that's what they told me and they said they are still getting logs from my pc (but i dont have any pc :p)
    Host with loves.

Quote Originally Posted by swainx View Post
    phone scams and email scams (phishing) are all over, just ignore them.
    well every one are ignoring them but why not have some fun with them? If they are calling us to scam then make phone bills for them.
    Host with loves.

I've gotten those a few times. I ignore them or have fun!
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Yes, I've played with a few of them before it's so hilarious as they think they are ripping you off. When you add your number to the do not call list seems like you get more calls. Haven't gotten any in a while so.
    OCOSA Communications | Since 2003
    http://www.ocosa.com
    Hosting, Connectivity, Professional Services

All I ever get is the automated "free cruise" crap from Oregon.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I get 2 or 3 a day trying to "update my google information" for my business. Total scammers and It's a real pain to get removed from their call list.

i usually stop emails by reply to them with very very simple words "f*** off"
    then i don't get emails for almost two months then they send again and i reply again.:p
    but for the calls just playing fun around and next time i will play with them for an hour
    Host with loves.

No, just don't reply to these emails, and hang up the calls.

I never got that call and hope I never do.

We get these all the time. They have our block of numbers and just call number after number. Generally, if you tell them you have a Mac, they will hang up .
    Andrew Wataszko - [email protected]
    Quartet Service Inc
    Cloud Services | Support Services | Technology Management Programs

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Get those all the time (the National do not call list has no teeth). Last one that called said he could tell from his logs that my computer was infected and he could fix it remotely. I asked if it was ok to put him on hold while I unpacked the computer which I just got home with. Told him I was glad he called, otherwise who knows what could have happened...
    what a brilliant idea !!

Got a phone call like this about a month ago

About a month ago a scammer called me for the same thing. He said my system reported back to MS saying it's infected, so they wanted to remotely clean my machine with some software.

I told him my computer was at the shop, but he didn't believe me. I then asked him if he's physic and he called me an A-hole. Maybe business is tough for them these days. Lol!

thank goodness i rarely get spam phone calls with my voip phone but i did recognise one of their numbers as a missed call.They had several rented from mynetfone in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    ahaha, you should have given him your local police station's number and tell him to call you back on it.

I don't even bother answering the phone anymore unless I recognize the number. If it's legit they can leave a message. If I'm in front of the computer I google the CID. If it comes up as a telemarketer I put them on my call block list. Takes less time then answering and trying to tell them to leave me along which almost never accomplishes anything.
    Last edited by UnfinishedSentenc; 11-29-2013 at 06:03 PM.

There must be a lot of gullible people in the world if this scam is still going on
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    There must be a lot of gullible people in the world if this scam is still going on
    You would be surprised how many they are.. on the other had if you have an iPhone you can always use the block feature.

I get the calls on my landline but haven't had one since I went on the "Do Not Call" register. Touch wood, they (and other phone spammers) haven't found my mobile number yet.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.

Since i have had a private number i have had few calls as well and i haven't had any on my cell phone either.

I seem to get a call every week telling me that I got "$80-200" credited on my Verizon account and to redeem it I have to go on some website and login haha.

The website allows me to use any login to login.

It was like "http://www.#vzw281.$com/"
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

In india its credit card companies and most of them ignore.

Yep. I've had these types of calls before. Quite funny!

I have had these calls a few times, the last time I heard from them I talked circles around the guy on the other end and he ended up hanging up on me lol.
    Haven't had another phone call since.

I used to get quite a few unusual calls like this a few years ago to my business line(i guess it is easier to get my details for it) but i havent had one for quite a while.

there are some indian scammers posing as inland revenue nz.probably using voip to make calls

Nope, I only get emails, tons of them.

Reminds me of the movie "identity thief". She phones her victims.

Its common through out the world. Just ignore such type of calls and never reply if you receive such type of emails.