unlimited banwidht

or

5 server with 10 TB hardisk each
    1 Gbps network
    unlimited bandwith

traffic per day almost 5TB
    and need raid 10 ? or just raid 5
    thanks alot

You need this config in EU or US location?
    Failure is success if we learn from it.

Netherlands Data Center

I would go with a different solution. Like 2 servers in a cluster mode for high availability with 1GBps network unlimited bandwidth and another server as a shared storage which would hold the disks.
    For the shared storage I would go with Raild 10. It is more expensive setup but less headache if one of the drives gets bad and you need to replace them and in if you have a faulty drive there is no performance degradation like in the case of Raild 5

Quote Originally Posted by Natcoweb-Peter View Post
    I would go with a different solution. Like 2 servers in a cluster mode for high availability with 1GBps network unlimited bandwidth and another server as a shared storage which would hold the disks.
    For the shared storage I would go with Raild 10. It is more expensive setup but less headache if one of the drives gets bad and you need to replace them and in if you have a faulty drive there is no performance degradation like in the case of Raild 5
    thanks alot for you reply
    actually i want make 1 way FILEHOSTING
    its mean PRIVATE HOSTING. I just give them a storage without can upload anything.

it will be different config for that ?
    because i not talking about like NORMAL FILEHOSTING
    open UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD

Nforce will be good choice.Since they offer huge amount of storge with unmetered bandwidth.Fdcserves is also an option but they have a lot of negative reviews.
    Failure is success if we learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panerai View Post
    thanks alot for you reply
    actually i want make 1 way FILEHOSTING
    its mean PRIVATE HOSTING. I just give them a storage without can upload anything.

it will be different config for that ?
    because i not talking about like NORMAL FILEHOSTING
    open UPLOAD and DOWNLOAD
    It depends if you care about high availability or not. And also the size and amount of files daily will be downloaded.

you could go with the 5GB of daily traffic but you have to be sure that you won't met that limit. Also it you don't care about high avaliablitiy you can have only one server setup with a bunch of hard drives. I personally would go at least with a Raild 0 setup.

Therefore you can drop from 3 servers to 1 and with limited daily traffic but as I mentioned you will have to be sure you will not meet that traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Natcoweb-Peter View Post
    It depends if you care about high availability or not. And also the size and amount of files daily will be downloaded.

you could go with the 5GB of daily traffic but you have to be sure that you won't met that limit. Also it you don't care about high avaliablitiy you can have only one server setup with a bunch of hard drives. I personally would go at least with a Raild 0 setup.

Therefore you can drop from 3 servers to 1 and with limited daily traffic but as I mentioned you will have to be sure you will not meet that traffic.
    thanks alot for your advice Peter