Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    60

    protect my site from DDoS

    I just completed my stock exgnage site. I invest $2700+
    I am sure i will earn good income from this site.. But i have only 1 major problem protect my site from huge DDoS

    What should i do to protect my site from DDoS

    My budget is not so much

    I need good solution before i launch my site

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    45
    If you have a good budget you could get a dedicated server with DDoS protection and build your own host (requires a little knowledge)

    Otherwise, you can just order a protected webhosting to host your website. Dont need to spend a lot of money to host only 1 website with DDoS protection.
    Last edited by MrTony; 11-21-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    HyperFilter DDoS Protection Solutions
    Specializing in DDoS Protected Hosting Services such as:
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - WebHosting - Domain Registration - Remote Protection Services
    Exclusive management panel for attack reporting available for all services.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,153
    If you already have a server, I would recommend a remote DDoS protection. There are a lot of providers around here you can check out. If you don't have a server yet, you can also rent one in a DDoS protected datacenter, although that option might be more expensive. What is your budget?
    Inbound Marketing & real SEO for web hosting providers
    ✎ Get in touch with me: co<at>infinitnet.de

  4. #4
    Like infinitnet, I would recommend a remote DDoS protection too. About $100/month you will have dedicated protection from CloudBehind Web Shield (Our website using this).

    Why remote DDoS protection ?
    - Your system will be safe in private zone, will not be touched directly from internet.
    - With multi remote protection system, you can have a great load balancing system.
    - If using DB, you should not put the DB on the same host with your website, in case the host downed, DB would be crashed.

  5. #5
    I hear Cloudflare has some pretty good DDOS protection

  6. #6
    Hello!

    Stock exchange site? Doesn't that imply that a fast page is vital? In that case I would definitely get Cloudflare.

    External DDoS protections increase ping too much (imho). Buyvm.net offers cheap ~$3 IPs that are DDoS protected for their VPS's (~10gbps). OVH offers up to 480gbps DDoS protection (included with their servers). Voxility offers DDoS protection as well, it even seems to be free (?).

    Infinitnet / r00t-services.net just resells those cheap or free services for a horrendous amount of money.

    Cheers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by tiqcc View Post
    Hello!

    Stock exchange site? Doesn't that imply that a fast page is vital? In that case I would definitely get Cloudflare.

    External DDoS protections increase ping too much (imho). Buyvm.net offers cheap ~$3 IPs that are DDoS protected for their VPS's (~10gbps). OVH offers up to 480gbps DDoS protection (included with their servers). Voxility offers DDoS protection as well, it even seems to be free (?).

    Infinitnet / r00t-services.net just resells those cheap or free services for a horrendous amount of money.

    Cheers
    are you think Infinitnet / r00t-services.net sell free service ? you are wrong, do you think anybody can offer 10Gbps protection with $3 ? you can find it in paradise, there is nothing here. DDoS protection market is an expensive market.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by tiqcc View Post
    Hello!

    Stock exchange site? Doesn't that imply that a fast page is vital? In that case I would definitely get Cloudflare.

    External DDoS protections increase ping too much (imho). Buyvm.net offers cheap ~$3 IPs that are DDoS protected for their VPS's (~10gbps). OVH offers up to 480gbps DDoS protection (included with their servers). Voxility offers DDoS protection as well, it even seems to be free (?).

    Infinitnet / r00t-services.net just resells those cheap or free services for a horrendous amount of money.

    Cheers
    1.) Just yesterday I've seen a simple reflected TCP flood killing the CloudFlare servers. You only get a half-decent protection if you use the business plan which is $200/mo.

    2.) The latency is not very relevant for websites. As long as both the anti DDoS network and the backend server are on the same side of the globe there won't be any issues.

    3.) We don't resell any products - we developed our own proxy and tunneling systems which were tested and brought to perfection in almost a year including our own layer 7 filtering. We don't use Voxility for network layer protection, but JavaPipe, who have their own building which is part of the Voxility datacenter, yes, but there are additional RioRey devices which filter everything which goes through Voxility's IPS or which it isn't able to block and trust me, there is a lot. Also, the Voxility IPS only gets enabled if the attacks exeed 20Gbps/4mPPS. Everything below is not going through the Voxility filters at all. Furthermore our 49 ($65) proxy has the same specs as JavaPipe's (zbode now) "WEB-Z2" proxy, which is $149/mo, which makes our products a lot more cost-efficient.

    Kindly stop spreading false information about our company if you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
    Inbound Marketing & real SEO for web hosting providers
    ✎ Get in touch with me: co<at>infinitnet.de

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    333
    Latency is actually not as important of a factor to websites (or dns) as everyone makes it out to be. It takes about 200ms to blink your eyes. If you have three webservers in three locations, that'll cover the majority of your traffic within your blink cycle:
    • West Coast US
    • East Coast US
    • Europe


    All these companies that claim to have dozens (or hundreds) of locations to serve up content and DNS are really just selling marketing hype. Most people simply can't tell the difference between an initial connection of 10ms and 50ms.

    With that said, DDoS protection can be a tricky item to select. There's quite a few providers out there. Most of them are going to sell you hundreds of gigabits of protection they don't have. Most of them will claim their off-the-shelf appliances are the best in the industry. Many of them will be reselling someone else's protection who also falls under the above problematic criteria. You'll want to ask some key questions:
    • Do you have multiple mitigation centers?
    • How much actual bandwidth have you allocated to mitigation?
    • Do you depend on off-the-shelf appliances or do you build your own high performance solution?


    Our main competitors in this space are Prolexic and Verisign. You'll want to call them up for quotes.

    The main appliance players are Arbor and Radware. There are a few others but they're not worth your time. I've written a bit on appliance vs. cloud mitigation. You'll want to do your research there too!

    Search these forums extensively. There's quite a few threads on others discussing the same thing. Here are some:



    Good luck
    Matt Mahvi
    Staminus, Infrastructure DDoS Protection and Appliances
    @ 200+ Gbps global ddos mitigation network. Local or Remote. Proxy, GRE, and direct cross connects.
    @ Available in Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles and Orange County. Anycast BGP.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitnet View Post
    1.)
    3.) We don't resell any products - we developed our own proxy and tunneling systems which were tested and brought to perfection in almost a year including our own layer 7 filtering. We don't use Voxility for network layer protection, but JavaPipe, who have their own building which is part of the Voxility datacenter, yes, but there are additional RioRey devices which filter everything which goes through Voxility's IPS or which it isn't able to block and trust me, there is a lot. Also, the Voxility IPS only gets enabled if the attacks exeed 20Gbps/4mPPS. Everything below is not going through the Voxility filters at all. Furthermore our 49 ($65) proxy has the same specs as JavaPipe's (zbode now) "WEB-Z2" proxy, which is $149/mo, which makes our products a lot more cost-efficient.
    I also heard that this combination of Voxilty filter for big attacks plus a dedicated anti-DDOS hardware such as RioRey, Radware and other similar for smaller attacks really do the trick. The problem is that this hardware is expensive and not everybody can afford it, and you will also need to pay SLA for them which is really expensive again. A new DDoS pattern can be seen everyday and someone has to do the updates...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by ZonerHostDDoS View Post
    I also heard that this combination of Voxilty filter for big attacks plus a dedicated anti-DDOS hardware such as RioRey, Radware and other similar for smaller attacks really do the trick. The problem is that this hardware is expensive and not everybody can afford it, and you will also need to pay SLA for them which is really expensive again. A new DDoS pattern can be seen everyday and someone has to do the updates...
    Indeed they're not inexpensive. But using the Voxility protection alone is not a good approach, because it isn't too stable and I've seen a lot of attacks getting through it. So putting at least one additional mitigation device behind it, which is able to handle 10-20Gbps and a few million packets per second is crucial in my opinion to provide reliable DDoS mitigation in combination with Voxility.
    Inbound Marketing & real SEO for web hosting providers
    ✎ Get in touch with me: co<at>infinitnet.de

  12. #12
    I agree with infinitnet. Voxility's filters alone are not reliable. Also providers like OVH and others offering "free included ddos protection" are not reliable, because DDoS protection is expensive, needing very high bandwidth for mitigation.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    296
    I Agree too, we had bad experience with Voxility too. We dont recommend any free included or low fee ddos protection.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitnet View Post
    Kindly stop spreading false information about our company if you clearly don't know what you're talking about.
    Then what's this I found via google?

    http://209.141.39.87/

    404 Not Found

    The requested URL has not been found on the backend server.
    DDoS protected (not hosted) by r00t-Services.net Anti DDoS Proxy
    Looks to me like you are reselling a $3 buyvm DDoS protected IP address.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    156
    A remote proxy will be a good solution to start with, however, I'd recommend you to move to a dedicated server that is hosted on a DDoS protected network when your site grows.
    INCLOUDIBLY.NET
    DDoS protected dedicated servers and VPS in Zurich, Switzerland. Setup assistance, high privacy and mitigation guarantee.

Similar Threads

  1. Best way to protect against DDoS?
    By Bit_Hoster in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 02:12 PM
  2. How to protect my server from DDoS
    By toshost in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 01:58 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 04:24 AM
  4. DDoS problems? Protect your site!
    By J-B[away] in forum Other Offers & Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •