How do I designate the type of site I have?

I need for my site to accessible from my company computer but our proxy server won't allow it because it says "none" as far as the type of site it is. It will allow certain types of sites such as banking, insurance, etc. along with a whitelist if sites. I'm trying to get it to see my site as one of the 'type' it allows. I've added a few keywords and description in the meta tags to no avail.

Thanks for any help!

could it be that the "type" of website is defined in the proxy configuration ?
    SpiderVPS.com
    It's official: WE'RE CRAZY!!!

Yes, the proxy does define the site type allowed. My question is knowing what the proxy allows, how can I code my site to "seem" like one of those such as banking.

Thanks.

ohh... so you're trying to foul the proxy so you can browse your website from the office...
    how is the website type defined in the proxy? i asume as a list of domains, which has nothing to do with your meta data...

P.S. Did you consider a VPN or checking your website via the office proxy is a must?
    SpiderVPS.com
    It's official: WE'RE CRAZY!!!

The work proxy uses both a whitelist of domains as well as specific site types. For example, I can access any banking or insurance website even if not in the whitelist.

Thanks!

I can't use a VPN so I need to somehow make my site "seem" like a banking site so when I try to access from work computer it will be accessible because our filters will allow banking websites to be viewed.

Thanks!

I guess you need to ask yourself -- if the boss saw your web site, would there be trouble? If yes, then don't try to get around the proxy. The server admins have a list of all sites visited through the proxy, along with the users. If the site is dodgy in nature, wait until you get home instead :-)
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions

Thanks but I didn't ask for a lecture or lesson on morality. Anyway, figured it and and my boss loves it!

There's no lecture on morality here, but a note that applies to your question. If you're doing something your corporate overlords don't want on work time and in their network, you risk getting your contract terminated. This may not apply to your situation at all, but you've not exactly told us much.