Thumbs up Ecatel.net Review - Very good servers and SUPER SERVICE!

I've recently chosen for Ecatel for my VPS node, and at first I was set back by their pricing but their 155 EUR deal looked good so I went for it. I got my server a little late, because they were out of stock for it but I got it after 4 days. Once the server was setup, I had to repartition it as I forgot to mention it on the order and I asked for a KVM + a CentOS disk to be attached to the server. They did this Monday, when I asked this on Friday. They gave me 1 week free because I had to wait! That is very generous of them and I really like that. They assisted me with all questions timely (1 hour reply).

The server itself is very fast, it's a good CPU and the network is excellent. Especially the 1 Gigabit @ 100TB!

I only have a positive experience with Ecatel, and I do not understand why other people complain!

If you ever need a high bandwidth server, Ecatel is your choice and it's affordable too!
    Offshore Netherlands VPS www.libertyvps.net
    High Quality Network 1 Gbps
    Up to 20TB bandwidth per month, per VPS!
    PayPal Bitcoin Litecoin OKPAY Perfect Money EGOPay Payeer

Nice to hear a positive review. Keep us informed as you continue to host with Ecatel.
    [email protected]
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data center.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

I would be curious to know why ecatel.net is "WHOISGUARD PROTECTED" via WHOISGUARD, INC. in Panama.

This doesn't strike me as the behaviour of a legitimate organisation, or is it common practice amongst hosting companies and I am just being paranoid?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clivel View Post
    I would be curious to know why ecatel.net is "WHOISGUARD PROTECTED" via WHOISGUARD, INC. in Panama.

This doesn't strike me as the behaviour of a legitimate organisation, or is it common practice amongst hosting companies and I am just being paranoid?

Thanks
    The reason they might be doing this is because it's a default free feature on NameCheap to protect personal info against identity theft and SPAM to the email listed.

Or because they host 1.000 and 1.000 of spammers, fraudsters and booters, are shady themselves and want to stay as anonymous as possible?

Well that would probably explain then why I have been receiving hundreds of spam emails over the past few weeks all for for sites hosted by Ecatel who seemingly ignore reports sent to abuse AT ecatel.net
    I only discovered that their registration information is protected when I tried to find an alternate contact to report the spam to.

Personally I would be very suspicious of paying money to any organisation who feels it is necessary to hide behind a veil of anonymity.
    Last edited by clivel; 11-25-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hivelocity View Post
    Nice to hear a positive review. Keep us informed as you continue to host with Ecatel.
    So, here I am after 6 months. Sharing my experience with ecatel until now.

I have not encountered any single issue, the staff is very helpful and friendly and we own around 10 servers now and I can only say that the network is great and so is the hardware. Our nodes did not need any reboot since we started our company and we only had minor downtime due to ddos attacks (not ecatel's fault).

I can only recommend this provider!

It's good to hear that you are growing nicely with them. Let's hope they can keep up with the good work.
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime