Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10

    Thumbs down BurstNET has the worst support

    I bought a VPS a while ago through BurstNET. I didn't need anything powerful. Just a simple VPS to run a few scripts. I decided to go with BurstNET and after they setup the VPS I noticed I couldn't login. They manually changed the password for me but I still couldn't login. I thought maybe if I reinstall the OS in the VPS control panel that might fix it. Not only couldn't I reinstall the OS, nothing was working except shutdown/start up and reboot.

    I created another ticket and never got a reply. I canceled the VPS and asked for a refund. They canceled the VPS and ignored me. I created a PayPal dispute to see if I could get my money back. They replied to the ticket about 5 days later then replied to the dispute saying they replied and tried to help me.

    I currently don't have a VPS with them but they decided to send me another bill for the VPS. $6 for the VPS and $35 for a paypal claim. Because they gave me horrible support, the VPS was broken and they wouldn't give me a refund I have to pay them money?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,286
    Sounds like a nightmare. Sorry to hear about your experience with Burst. I assume you didn't win the PayPal dispute? Is it now closed?

  3. #3
    I'm sorry that you have had such problems with them. You might be surprised, but you were the one to make a decision to go for a $6 per month. VPS. You got what you have paid for. I would not even believe that someone would think that a virtualized instance with certain amount of computing resources would cost per month the same as 2 cups of latte. Next time choose a web host that has realistic pricies.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    32
    Not a bad idea give people a very cheap service and have a beautiful peaceful life
    In a calm sea every one is a pilot

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,794
    So what if he get a $6 VPS? For a small VPS it is pretty decent price. And even if it is not, he should be able to log in at least. I can understand if he complain that the VPS is slow or goes up/down all the time (in such case I can also agree the "he got what he have paid for"), but he was not able to log in at all. Even on a free account/VPS you should be able to log in at least.

    Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    I'm sorry that you have had such problems with them. You might be surprised, but you were the one to make a decision to go for a $6 per month. VPS. You got what you have paid for. I would not even believe that someone would think that a virtualized instance with certain amount of computing resources would cost per month the same as 2 cups of latte. Next time choose a web host that has realistic pricies.
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Hi...Please supply ticket number, and I'll see what I can do to assist you with this. We've sold ten of thousands of our VPS packages, and most operate pretty smoothly, but technical glitches can occur from time to time. Post the ticket number, and I'll help sort this for you...
    .
    .

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LVPSHosting View Post
    So what if he get a $6 VPS? For a small VPS it is pretty decent price. And even if it is not, he should be able to log in at least. I can understand if he complain that the VPS is slow or goes up/down all the time (in such case I can also agree the "he got what he have paid for"), but he was not able to log in at all. Even on a free account/VPS you should be able to log in at least.
    It is obviously not. It is a price to pay for a Shared Hosting account. The TCO of ownership of a good network and a virtualized infrastructure is too high for anyone to claim that a $6/mo is a fair price for a VPS. But it is an open market. If one wants to sell at this price, good luck.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

  8. #8
    Just to clear things up, did you pay them $35?
    RouterHosting
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Dedicated Servers Within Your budget
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, Payza, PerfectMoney, Moneybookers, BitCoin and ....
    Instant Windows and Linux VPS Activation

  9. #9
    I had purchased reseller hosting from Nocster/Burstnet long time ago. The speed of the servers are good. But their network uptime was very bad(under 99%). The email response time was about 24 hours. I had lost my many customers because of downtimes, their poor and slow support. So I moved to another company.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    I had purchased reseller hosting from Nocster/Burstnet long time ago. The speed of the servers are good. But their network uptime was very bad(under 99%). The email response time was about 24 hours. I had lost my many customers because of downtimes, their poor and slow support. So I moved to another company.

    Network was entirely rebuilt in 2008, and expanded since that time.
    Other than some teething issues when migrating into our new facility this summer, we've been pretty rock solid on the network side of things. Issues occur, on any network, it's a fact of life on the Internet. The relocation process did cause alot of support response time issues, but that was to be expected during such a heavy workload situation.
    .
    .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh.
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Network was entirely rebuilt in 2008, and expanded since that time.
    Other than some teething issues when migrating into our new facility this summer, we've been pretty rock solid on the network side of things. Issues occur, on any network, it's a fact of life on the Internet. The relocation process did cause alot of support response time issues, but that was to be expected during such a heavy workload situation.
    .
    .
    when the migration will end and when will you become rock solid again? sorry but i really like burstnet but its been confusing lately because of so many negative reviews.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    rules.php
    Posts
    49
    Same problem with Burst.net. I have some VPS and a Dedicated Server at here. So I am very angry because the delay of supporting at burst.net.
    My server has I/O speed is: 30MB/s

  13. #13
    Thanks for the info, looking for a good company to buy a VPS so yaa.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 11:26 PM
  2. Worst Service I have Seen = BurstNet!
    By Spider210 in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 11:35 PM
  3. BurstNET Slow Setup Time/BurstNET Slow Support Times
    By garmaknoc in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-11-2003, 12:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •