Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    well at least I can get into cpanel, and I downloaded the database so I can bill credit cards and ship products. Not sure if cpanel just started working or not as this was the first time I checked it. Front end is still down. Account migration to new host in progress!! what a PITA.

it looks like they are up . Just minutes after i asked a client to switch to us as their site was down .. .. why do I have the worst luck ? I mean, my luck trumped the EIG outage ... must be something!

Quote Originally Posted by ryus View Post
    it looks like they are up . Just minutes after i asked a client to switch to us as their site was down .. .. why do I have the worst luck ? I mean, my luck trumped the EIG outage ... must be something!
    don't worry, they're back down again lol. seriously.

Sad that this happened on the last day of the year, when there is normally less staff and slower business.

Last check, they are still down. We couldn't even get their name servers to respond so it looks pretty big. Hopefully those affected here will be back up and running soon.

came back up about 20 (ish) minutes ago for me.

They should invest some of that advertising budget into building a better network.

don't know if it's related buy my connection to the mysql database server got "super slow" starting 2 days ago, continuing thru yesterday. Then they crashed. Now they're up, connection and data xfer speeds are back to fast.

Our account is back on-line. WHMCS is going crazy, doesn't know what to do lol. Time to do some manual billing....

This will be a good time to consider moving to other hosts

I am moving to BlueHost soon. I have just heard so many better things about BlueHost and after using HostGator I found out the servers are awful, the only thing which is good is the support but that's worthless when the servers are poor.

Quote Originally Posted by flambeur1 View Post
    I am moving to BlueHost soon. I have just heard so many better things about BlueHost and after using HostGator I found out the servers are awful, the only thing which is good is the support but that's worthless when the servers are poor.
    Hostgator and BlueHost are same. They are just two different brand name of the same parent company EIG.

So, moving from HG to BH will only change the name of the provider.

Quote Originally Posted by flambeur1 View Post
    ROFL they are the same company & generally both down at the same time. Check the shared hosting section of this site and find a nice reputable host.

Hostgator is up for me.

504 Gateway Time-outs this morning. great.

We have received about 5 tickets about people from Hostgator

Look like they are having some problem and that's good for us !

works for me from the UK

Well I think the outages where not that bad compared to some other host. I have been under outages for a day or even week. Hostgator is doing a good job I guess or not maybe? lol

may be their some server was down due to hardware problem.

Totally unacceptable: Hostgator deleted all posts at its Facebook page, regarding the New Years Eve datacenter failure! Company ethics at its best...

Quote Originally Posted by HostingItem View Post
    may be their some server was down due to hardware problem.
    It wasn't a server issue, it was a network issue. Bluehost, Hostgator, etc, they were all down. Even customers who just had domains purchased through bluehost, if they were setup as the ns, they were down

Quote Originally Posted by kalexan View Post
    Totally unacceptable: Hostgator deleted all posts at its Facebook page, regarding the New Years Eve datacenter failure! Company ethics at its best...
    They can remove such information from their profiles but it's published on many website and news portals. I read this news at TheWHir.com

Quote Originally Posted by kalexan View Post
    Classic EIG.
    They were doing this many years ago. Not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by aeserver View Post
    Looks like hostgator is under fire again.

We have 3 dedicated servers with them and all are DOWN.

They say they have an outage at the provo DC:

http://forums.hostgator.com/network-...579#post500579

We have been using them since 2007 and its the first time we face such a massive outage with all servers.

Very sad, but hostgator fell to the bottom after they were acquired by EIG.
    Yep Same problem, Can't believe it

down again as of about 1 min go. making notes for the eventual 99.9% guarantee service refund.

In one week, I have dealt with this.

Downtime, yesterday they accidentally suspend my website because they have a retarded billing system. Then more downtime. So who is better than hostgator. I am starting to believe people when saying EIG ruins web hosting Companies. I used to love hostgator, never had any issues

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast