Hybrid View

* Thought on Leadership

Leadership is more like a sales role, coz you are selling your ideas and creating followers. Do you agree or do you have any other thoughts ?
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry

I some what understand how your saying it.. But I see leadership as setting an example or role on how you carry yourself and preform tasks.

Agreed, I can't place leadership aspects into a normal sales role unless we're talking about team leaders.

Confidence is essential but sales is no longer about leading a customer in that respect, with the amount of power customers now have and the research they can access instantly trying to 'lead' them can just be seen as hard sell and you could lose them. Leading without the customer feeling they're being led is another matter - which can be a great method but you have to be careful, no-one likes a pushy salesman!

Quote Originally Posted by iexo View Post
    Agreed, I can't place leadership aspects into a normal sales role unless we're talking about team leaders.

Confidence is essential but sales is no longer about leading a customer in that respect, with the amount of power customers now have and the research they can access instantly trying to 'lead' them can just be seen as hard sell and you could lose them. Leading without the customer feeling they're being led is another matter - which can be a great method but you have to be careful, no-one likes a pushy salesman!
    Let me clarify. My thought is that, any leader to be successful, they need to sell their vision or idea that they have to their followers. So that, they believe in it and rally behind the leader to make the vision happen or succeed. I hope I was clear :-)

Let ideas or thought flow, its a great and useful topic.
    Blessen Cherian
    Follow me on twitter.com/blessenonly
    Two decade in Web Hosting Industry