Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HostGator - Something Going wrong ?

Since couple of weeks I have noticed HostGator is not going up to the mark, although Im a big supporter, but I see some unusual things came across on service quality, support response time and the quality of response.

Is there any change in top management, Whats going wrong with them?

Best,
    Mapara

Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post

Best,
    Mapara
    The company was sold to EIG -BlueHost, HostMonster, IPAge & 50+ other brands, hence the like problems. Just FYI.

Thanks for the reply.

Which host currently heading them?

EIG is the company that owns them, and is the reason for the recent issues (which will soon most likely become permanent issues...because EIG...)

At this point a lot of companies that want their service to go down should sell to eig so they can close the companies not wishing bad on anyone but they are not a good company at all.

EIG has ruined every company it has taken over. I find a lot of people having new issues with HostGator since the server migrations.
    HostClearly.com
    HostClearly Web Hosting
    #WeAreYourBussinessPartner
    Shared, Reseller, and VPS Hosting since 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by harrison914 View Post
    EIG has ruined every company it has taken over. I find a lot of people having new issues with HostGator since the server migrations.
    So True!

I thought they might give HG more autonomy, but it looks like that's a definite no. Greed, it's a blinding thing I guess - makes it too hard to resist packing the servers just that little bit tighter.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

This is the second major issue with them. Late in the summer it was weeks of disaster, downtime, mysql server crashes and reboots non stop. I moved half my sites off them and it looks like the rest will go after this new issue. They certainly are not the Hostgator they once were. What a pity. They were so good for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by mapara View Post
    Since couple of weeks I have noticed HostGator is not going up to the mark, although Im a big supporter, but I see some unusual things came across on service quality, support response time and the quality of response.

Best,
    Mapara
    Quite expected... is not it ? EIG has taken over ...consequences will follow

Host gator was out bought by EIG a company that likes to buy out other business and then they provide horrible services and support. They really actually mess up any business they buy or own. Here are other EIG owned hosts; blue host , ipage and many many more which I will not list.

Host gator use to be the bomb like an actual ticking bomb waiting to blow up and turn out to what it is now.

1:05 EST Update: Services have been restored for many of our affected customers, and our team is steadily bringing the remaining servers back online. *Thank you for everyone's continued patience.
    http://forums.hostgator.com/network-outage-t302250.html
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

There were huge discussions going around about Hostgator and their Data Center Migration. Everything was still going bit good after EIG acquired them, but when they moved their servers from Softlayer to Bluehost Data Centers, then the real disaster was started.
    Last edited by RoyalNode-AJ; 11-20-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    forums.hostgator.com/network-outage-t302250.html
    yep everyone except my server lol. Welp, it's a good time to search for alternate providers. I'm loosing time and money right now. Can't process my existing orders for merchandise.

Now I have to look for alternatives as well. I used to love HostGator due to their support, cooperation towards problem solutions and their flexibility.

Anyone know of a decent provider that is priced about the same as HG without these headaches?

The best place to go would be the Shared Hosting offers section if you're looking for an alternate provider: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by surfer666 View Post
    Anyone know of a decent provider that is priced about the same as HG without these headaches?
    Try askforhost.com

Quote Originally Posted by nandla View Post
    Now I have to look for alternatives as well. I used to love HostGator due to their support, cooperation towards problem solutions and their flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by nandla View Post
    Try askforhost.com
    As per your first post it looks like you are also looking for a new hosting service provider and in your second reply you have recommended a hosting company. Did you use askforhost.com? If yes share your experience with them.

my hostgator finally came back to life.

correction, the control panel is working, the front end public html is still dead.

The main thing is still not working. What are you doing to get this issue fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by MilesWeb View Post
    The main thing is still not working. What are you doing to get this issue fixed?
    Short of driving to Utah, sitting back and waiting. Selecting an alternative hosing service. BUT hostgator must be up and running for me to migrate my stuff.

It looks like you don't have the copy of your website data stored on a backup server. As you are looking for an alternative service provider, sign up for an offsite backup plan as well. Take the website backup on multiple location and maintain one backup copy on your local machine or external device.

well my websites are back online .. but will change hosting to namecheap ..

I was with Justhost then moved to HostGator. Justhost was garbage and have to tell you I'm considering leaving HG.

The support is awful, all one liners and in my opinion doesn't justify the price. Not to mention the horrid reviews I've seen about Bluehost just god awful. Stay away from EIG companies.

Quote Originally Posted by waqascheema View Post
    well my websites are back online .. but will change hosting to namecheap ..
    Good to know that what is your website url? How long you have been with them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast