Smile Are there Dedicated server plans under $10 any location in the world is good?

Hi all,

I've seen OVH kimsufi 2G plan it has decent specs:
    CPU: Intel Atom 1.6GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    HDD: 500GB
    NET: 100/100Mbps shared port
    IPs: 1 IPv4, 1 IPv6

And all that for amazing $6.5. I'm very sad because I missed the promotion.

The problem is that they are sold out, and I believe that this kind of promotion will not happen soon.

I've searched for similar plans with similar specs but all plans are over $25.

Is there a dedicated plan under $10, location does not matter that much?

I was planing to host a blog on that machine and have fun with it so I don't expect to get a lot of traffic and to heavily overload the server. As for the internet speed 50/50Mbps shared would be enough I guess.

Thanks in advance!

if all you are doing is hosting a blog with not a lot of traffic, there is absolutely no reason that you would need a dedicated server...

As Daniel said for a blog hosting you could just go for a simple web hosting solution which you can find very cheap.

Instead of dedicated server, why not consider cheap VPS.
    Check DigitalOcean $10 plan. That may fit your requirement.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

You say your starting a new blog so then why do you need a dedicated server instead of going with VPS or even shared hosting. You don't need a dedicated for a single blog you'd save money and be in better hands with a shared hosting account or a small sized VPS managed if you don't know how to take care of unmanaged VPS.

As per your budget and hosting requirement, a shared hosting package would fulfill your need. Later you may upgrade the hosting package if the blog starts demanding more CPU resources. For now shared hosting would be an ideal choice. Don't spend time in finding a $10 dedicated server.

I'm aware that shared hosting would do the trick, I want to get a dedicated server because I want to learn by experimenting with it, also when I have dedicated server I can change anything in the os, VPS is mostly OpenVZ and I have some limitations then. Main reason because I want a budget Dedicated server is to test things and learn from it, so I will use it for experimenting and fun, maybe I will try to install some game server to see how that will work etc. I have a lot on my mind.

So if you know somehow some provider that offers plans as stated in my first post I would be glad if you could pass a link.

Thanks again for all your answers!

To enjoy the luxury of a five star hotel one needs to pay a good amount. You will have to shell out more money to get a dedicated server for testing/experiment purpose.

What are you trying to experiment with? If it's just Linux, then a VPS will be a great playground. Plus, when you mess things up, they're fast to restore

The only thing you wouldn't get access to is the hardware layer.
    BestSSDHost.com - Ditch your slow host and choose the best!

Web Hosting: Super fast web hosting. Your choice: San Francisco, CA or Atlanta, GA
    SSD VPS (KVM): Instant KVM VPS from Buffalo, NY

If you are looking for a low cost solution you can look at a small Cloud VM. It is true that most VPS's are built on OpenVZ and Virtuozzo, and you are not getting a true virtual envrioment as you can't make kernel updates. With a Cloud VM you do not have the same restrictions so you can openly play around with OS installs, kernel updates, and many different kinds of configurations. What makes a Cloud VM better in my opinion for a small sandbox, is the ability to scale it while you mess around with the enviroment. With a physical server you will have to power it off, upgrade/downgrade hardware and most likely pay fees for that kind of Remote Hands work, whereas with a Cloud VM you can either manually scale it or have your provider simply increase your allocated levels.

You could go with a small VPS or even a small Cloud setup if you want to learn how to manage a server.

As you are just starting a new blog, I would suggest just going with shared hosting instead of spending money on a cheap server. You can create the server environment at home if you like installing CentOS in a machine and testing it out.

The offer that you mentioned was a promotion therefore, the company is just providing the server with limited to no profit actually.
    More than decade with webhosting!

VPS

With a KVM/Xen VPS you can also install the OS.

I believe Online.net have something within this price range.

you cant even get a vps with that config.

Quote Originally Posted by Vita94 View Post
    I've seen OVH kimsufi 2G plan it has decent specs:
    CPU: Intel Atom 1.6GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    HDD: 500GB
    NET: 100/100Mbps shared port
    IPs: 1 IPv4, 1 IPv6

And all that for amazing $6.5. I'm very sad because I missed the promotion.
    Man, the internet is crazy!

How can they earn for 6 dollars?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Try check DigitalOcean

I don't get it how they offer such kind of server.
    Failure is success if we learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Man, the internet is crazy!

How can they earn for 6 dollars?
    easy... week later , mark everything as sold out.
    it's quite sad actually that they let that happen.

There is no providers right now that are offering $10 dedi's that are advertising on WHT or LET, etc. These are usually loss leaders (think power alone is eating up the $10) that budget providers throw out every once in awhile.

OP, what I would recommend is check out a $5-$10 VPS from one of the budget providers if you want to play around. You can usually reinstall the VPS if needed, try different operating systems, etc and teach yourself the OS of your choice for $5/mo or $1.25/week -- it's a great investment.

I use to have a $10 P3 from HostMDS years and years ago. It was way better than a trip to McDonalds.
    Justin Yancey | Northern Virginia & District of Columbia | https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinyancey

I can't imagine how you could get any decent dedicated server for that much, $10 a month would barely pay the provider for the power and cooling for the server, not the ability to pay for the machine or bandwidth , In summary at that rate, a provider would lose money big time, and the service would not last long, you would need to pay at least 4 or 5 times that for a provider to provide a decent service. As others mentioned, if that is your budget, you would be better served with a VPS

Perhaps some day it is possible
    Internet Brothers Asia*SEOUL South Korea Since 1999
    http://www.internetbrothers.co.kr Business Registration 134-11-18207
    ▇ ASIA KOREA Web Hosting with English Support focusing on International clients in/out of Korea
    KVM,VMware, XEN VPS, shared hosting , Dedicated Servers physically located in South Korea

Was able to get one of those kimsufi's 2G some months ago. The server is surprisingly reliable than what I expected.

They probably don't make real money from this. I think they do this as promotion for OVH as a whole. It return they get word of mouth. I'm sure people also buy their "expensive" servers where the real money's at.

@Vita94,

Build a local server first; learn to host yourself with a bunk domain. Really, you could use almost any computer and create one. This would help your learning curve on a smaller scale; rather then fork out a $.bill.+ for a somewhat decent server w/plan, have no knowledge except what you have already Google'd.

IMOO, stick with a shared hosting plan, there are dozens of host providers to choose from. A VPS for $8.00-$60.00 a/m is not cost effective, especially if you are the only client. Research first, and you will realize some big name providers are great and still have issues. Some medium sized host providers may give better service then the big brand named host; haven't flooded their shared server(s) for that extra $.buck.

Don't waste $ because of a personal blog. Educate yourself....

WD

Have a look at this: https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?pid=97
    You will have to pay 3 months in advance though.