Cheap basic hosting

I've never had paid hosting, always dealt with free hosting, and I feel it's time I need to step up a level and limit the hassle, but my requirements aren't that high so places like hostgator seem very expensive to me for my needs.

Bandwith traffic 30-50gb per month.
    Wordpress site (so 1 database is required)
    Disk space hasn't even cracked 100MB storage usage
    I have my own domain so just need pure hosting.

The only things I really want is good realiability/up times that I can't get with free hosts.

Any recommendations?

Try zFast or SimplexWebs, they're pretty good!

Welcome to the community
    I recommend FreshRostedHosting & CrocWeb, good luck on your search.
    Licensecart - We only sell High Quality licenses
    Visit us @ ~ sales(➾) ~
    WHT isn't what it used to be… power changes people :]

Your requirements are realistic for a basic WordPress site. What is your monthly budget for that site?
    No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
    We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
    We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting

Yes, you'll need to define cheap. It's good to move up from free hosting, as a paid offering will may (depending on who you pick, and making sure you don't pick a host who promises the earth for peanuts) be more reliable.

But too cheap, you could end up paying but being no better off.

One way to save money is to pay up front for a longer period. But please don't do this from day 1. Pay monthly for a few months until you know you've made the right choice, and even then be sensible about how long you pay for - your needs may change. Many hosts offer a discount only off your first invoice, but you can always ask them - they may honour that on an annual invoice if you wait a few months before moving to annual billing.

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

I recommend that you investigate thoroughly any host before signing up.
    In fact, simply doing a feature versus price comparison of web hosts is not really very useful since most people only use a subset of all features offered.

Do you have any location preference? - World Class Hosting Personalized - 9 Locations Across 4 Continents
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated and Dedicated Servers
    cPanel/WHM | CloudLinux | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | R1Soft CDP | SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
    Locations: Dallas, Los Angeles, Lansing, Orlando, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, London, New Delhi and Hong Kong

Out of curiosity, do you serve downloads on your website? For a website that is smaller than 100MB to have such a bandwidth consumption is unusual.

Like others have mentioned, even in the paid hosting realm, you get what you pay for. Look for a reputable host and not an unknown selling at close to $0 to obtain a reliable service.
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

What is your server location? I mean, where are you from? If you used free web hosting services I assume it's USA, so try "Hawk Host".

How "cheap" is cheap to you? If $3 - $5/mo is cheap enough, many of the most recommended hosts on WHT fall within that range. If you're looking more at $10 - $12/yr choices will be more limited, and researching the provider you choose is even more important. No Support Linux Hosting is a great budget option if you're not looking for any type of hand holding. - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

New York City
    Stay away from host gator their services isn't all that good because of the company that took then over which is EIG. I figure they say what the heck with it if we lose any customers we will always have others. Their servers are crowded and some don't even get updates or maintence. Also they are now moving all servers to a new location so right now wouldn't be good to purchase from them. Their prices aren't expensive at all. Don't forget you get what you pay for.

World Wide Web
    Really what is your budget?
    Michael Vlastos - Innovative Hosting Solutions since 2005 | cPanel, Softaculous
    Personalized support | No site suspensions | No overloaded servers | Green Hosting
    Multiple Backups | Average Response Time: 20 min | Toll Free: 1-855-ECO-HOST

United Kingdom.
    I'd like to recommend zFast

I'd also recommend you to choose a host with servers close to the target location of your audience. It should time-tested one along with helpful customer support service.