Chunkhost - Amazing Customer Service

I've had a VPS with Chunkhost for a couple years now and I also have several VPSs with other providers. After an experience with them I wanted to do something to show my thanks and they directed me here.

On a few occasions I've had issues or questions about my VPS and they were mostly things Chunkhost has no obligation to care about or help with. But in every case they went above and beyond what I expected to help me. It was clear I was dealing with a very knowledgeable person located in the US each time.

On one occasion I had a major server issue. After talking to the support person they offered to restore it to the previous day's backup. At the time, there was no backup options in their console (there are now, no charge). They restored it for free, something my other VPSs all charge for.

On another occasion I had a question about server management. They have no obligation to help me run my server, but the support person was extremely helpful and patient. Far beyond what I would expect and far better than I've received from other services.

I can't say enough about how helpful Chunkhost's staff has been. The customer service aspect is very important to me and they've been head and shoulders above the other services I've used. Regarding hardware, uptime, etc...I've had no issues with uptime or anything really. I only wish they had a data center on the east coast.

Bottom line...if you're looking for a VPS provider and customer service and help is important to you, I highly recommend Chunkhost.

well Chunkhost.. not sure with them .. hope all the above is true.. as I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by volantis View Post
    Total Posts: 1
    Did you report your IP?
    HostUS - Premium Hosting Made Affordable
    TEN Worldwide locations spanning USA, Europe & Asia Pacific
    Own ASN, Own Network, Own IPs - AS7489 & AS25926

Do they even have backups on VPS?

Based on what they did to the free VPS offer (make people sign up, get their email address and other personal info and terminate their accounts after one day under resource abuse even though the VPS was not logged in...), I don't think it worth anyone's time to try things out with them.

I've had a VPS with Chunkhost for a couple years now and I also have several VPSs with other providers. After an experience with them I wanted to do something to show my thanks and they directed me here.

On a few occasions I've had issues or questions about my VPS and they were mostly things Chunkhost has no obligation to care about or help with. But in every case they went above and beyond what I expected to help me. It was clear I was dealing with a very knowledgeable person located in the US each time.

On one occasion I had a major server issue. After talking to the support person they offered to restore it to the previous day's backup. At the time, there was no backup options in their console (there are now, no charge). They restored it for free, something my other VPSs all charge for.

On another occasion I had a question about server management. They have no obligation to help me run my server, but the support person was extremely helpful and patient. Far beyond what I would expect and far better than I've received from other services.

I can't say enough about how helpful Chunkhost's staff has been. The customer service aspect is very important to me and they've been head and shoulders above the other services I've used. Regarding hardware, uptime, etc...I've had no issues with uptime or anything really. I only wish they had a data center on the east coast.

Bottom line...if you're looking for a VPS provider and customer service and help is important to you, I highly recommend Chunkhost.

Fishy looking review... I said elsewhere, and I'll say it here: I do not believe people just randomly go through the process of signing up to a forum, verifying their email address, just to post a raving positive review for a host.

You see this from time to time, generally they'll do a review and then <gasp> not return!

Makes you think you're rewarded for such reviews.

On the topic of ChunkHost... I had a free VPS with them for a while, I think. Unsure what happened to it. It was... 'okay'. Wasn't great, wasn't horrible. It was a VPS.
    [ IncogNET LLC ] Privacy By Design [Liberty Lake, WA][Kansas City, MO][Allentown, PA][Naaldwijk, NL]
    [ Web Hosting | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names | VPN | Censorship Resistance ]
    Services provided in the United States and Netherlands with privacy and freedom of speech being our top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by MannDude View Post
    Fishy looking review... I said elsewhere, and I'll say it here: I do not believe people just randomly go through the process of signing up to a forum, verifying their email address, just to post a raving positive review for a host.
    I don't know if anyone is buying into these reviews at all.
    Sometimes i am very happy with a product or a service and i want to share with someone but i would recommend to a friend when we are out for drinks or something, but i would not sign-up to a forum to brag about it.
    Like I have been buying Continental winter tyres for years now because it's just such a good tyre and i always recommend it to anyone asking which tire should they buy. But would not spend the time and effort to sign-up somewhere, verify e-mail and bla bla to brag about it.

I'm here as a representative of ChunkHost -- I'm not sure how to convince anyone that we don't pay for fake reviews, but all I can do is give you guys my word that we don't.

There's been a lot of half-truths written about our free VPS offer. Tons of people signed up to spam, hack, etc. so we wound up canceling quite a few of them, and many of those people got upset and complained on their blogs. We certainly didn't cancel all of them -- many hundreds are still active.

unregiistered -- we do, in fact, have automated daily backups for all VPSes. We've had that for years. I couldn't even guess as to why yours would have been canceled on the first day -- that's certainly not standard procedure! But after all this time I doubt there's much I can do. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Minako View Post

unregiistered -- we do, in fact, have automated daily backups for all VPSes. We've had that for years. I couldn't even guess as to why yours would have been canceled on the first day -- that's certainly not standard procedure! But after all this time I doubt there's much I can do. Sorry!
    Nice try to try to accuse people of doing bad stuff without even log into the VPS. Please stop lying to people because that won't make your business any better.

I have at least used VPS with more than 2 dozen VPS providers, some for years, and none of them have EVER terminated me for resource abuse, I always read TOS and ask if there is anything I don't know.

And of course, I am curious to learn how can one set up VPS for spamming/phishing, etc, without even logged into the VPS. Please enlighten me on that, thanks!