Can't transfer domain from Sedo to Dreamhost

Hi everyone.

First I'd like to apologize in advance for what may be a very noobie question. I've searched and I can't find a response.

Several several weeks ago, I purchased a domain from Sedo and I have twice attempted to transfer it to Dreamhost but both transfers have failed.

Sedo says that they responded to both transfer emails from Dreamhost and approved the transfer but Dreamhost denies this.

Dreamhost insists that the problem is due to privacy being enabled on the domain AND that Sedo's email address (as opposed to mine) is listed in the whois.

Sedo insists the problem is that Dreamhost doesn't know how to accept a transfer from an escrow agent.

I don't know who is right or wrong. All I know is that I'm dealing with two companies pointing the finger at each other and I'm stuck in the middle.

I would truly appreciate any help I can get on this issue. THANK YOU!

New Zealand
    The easiest way around this is to remove the WHOIS for a couple hours while the authorization email goes through.
    █ | Brad - Hoopla Hosting - Email or add me to Gtalk! brad [at]
    █ | Web Hosting New Zealand - Reseller Hosting - cPanel - Zurmo Hosting - Softaculous - CloudFlare
    █ | VPS - SolusVM - E3-1230 - RAID10 - 1Gbit

Thanks for the quick reply!

Overnight I received an email stating that the transfer has finally gone through. Problem solved.

Customers' safety should be the main goal for any company, so I'd recommend you to contact them directly and ask for help you. Good luck!