LiquidWeb vs. KnownHost - Considering moving

I wanted to get opinions on how LiquidWeb and KnownHost's VPS and SSD offerings stack up against each other?

From what I gather, LiquidWeb's is cloud based, where KnownHost is not?

Pricing wise, seems like LiquidWeb is roughly $15 more per month, and does not include the free backups Knownhost does.

Stacking apples up against apples, is there any downside to going to Knownhost? I think the only downside is that they do not offer toll-free phone support and you have to go through their ticket system.

Anyone have issues with Knownhost and think I should stick with LiquidWeb?

Not looking for recommendations on other small VPS hosts, I'd want to stick with a main name that is fully managed and in my past research it still seems like LiquidWeb, KnownHost, and ServINT are all worthy VPS providers. So I'd rather stick to comparing these ones.

In my opinion, Liquid Web's support is by far the best out there. That alone is worthy of the $15.

However, they are not only cloud based. Talk to someone on the sales team, they will be able to get you what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by talkhostrunner View Post
    I wanted to get opinions on how LiquidWeb and KnownHost's VPS and SSD offerings stack up against each other?

From what I gather, LiquidWeb's is cloud based, where KnownHost is not?

Pricing wise, seems like LiquidWeb is roughly $15 more per month, and does not include the free backups Knownhost does.

Stacking apples up against apples, is there any downside to going to Knownhost? I think the only downside is that they do not offer toll-free phone support and you have to go through their ticket system.

Anyone have issues with Knownhost and think I should stick with LiquidWeb?

Not looking for recommendations on other small VPS hosts, I'd want to stick with a main name that is fully managed and in my past research it still seems like LiquidWeb, KnownHost, and ServINT are all worthy VPS providers. So I'd rather stick to comparing these ones.
    In my opinion, you won't know until you try either one. Perhaps picking up the phone and talking to someone is more comfortable for you. Or, maybe submitting tickets/emails (something with a log history) is more suitable. Next, consider uptime and overall provider stability and do research based on that.
    ██ KVM SSD & SATA VPS | Dedicated Servers | Colocation
    ██ Managed and Self Managed Servers | North Carolina, Washington D.C, London and Texas Data Centers
    ██ www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

The average time for a response from knowhost, in our case, is not more than 15 minutes, they are really good.
    Hosting and software in Colombia
    www.soluwebcolombia.com

LiquidWeb is better. For example, it uses Xen.
    Both are excellent hosts.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

We have used Liquid Web for testing purposes and during that time frame they were great. 5-10 minutes on support tickets.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

Reached out to KnownHost and wow, they responded after only a few minutes and their responses where knowledgeable and detailed, and very similar to LiquidWeb's.

After looking at the sales page again, it seems that I'm paying a premium with LiquidWeb for their cloud infrastructure and quick deployment of vps servers, but the truth is that I do not need that. I just need the 1 VPS to run rock solid, and have support to back it up.

LiquidWeb charges for backups, where KnownHost includes them. Seems like KnownHost is definitely a nice offering.

Any true downsides to the technology KnownHost uses vs. LiquidWeb's? I see KnownHost uses Parallels, but how does that stack up to LiquidWeb's?

Any true downsides to the technology KnownHost uses vs. LiquidWeb's? I see KnownHost uses Parallels, but how does that stack up to LiquidWeb's?
    Not really, Xen or Virtuozzo both are excellent when well managed.
    24Shells in Business Since 2003 - AS55081
    Dedicated Servers, Linux VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

Go for KnownHost.....they're as solid as it gets!

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to give them a try. I have another client vps with LiquidWeb that isn't going anywhere so I will be interacting with LiquidWeb still, and may give KnownHost a try.

Both are good companies and reputable.In both case you will be in safe hands.
    Failure is success if we learn from it.

LiquidWeb charges for backups, where KnownHost includes them.
    From contacting KnownHost in the past, they offer free backups however if you just need one account restored they will charge you a fee to do so, but it's free if you restore the whole VPS. Unless they've changed it.
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ Running your web hosting business has never been easier - Hostistic.com
    ⚫⚪⚫⚪ More Details coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    LiquidWeb is better. For example, it uses Xen.
    Both are excellent hosts.
    I disagree. I've used both and can say that Known Host is far better than Liquid Web, especially in terms of support. I definitely prefer more thoughtful and knowledgeable replies than fast and often WTF did you do replies.

Furthermore, while Xen is nice, Virtuozzo is the enterprise version of OpenVZ, which contributes to less overhead in a VPS container, thus resulting in more resources available overall.

Overall, Known Host is the better bang for the buck at least in my experience.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by MattS View Post
    Furthermore, while Xen is nice, Virtuozzo is the enterprise version of OpenVZ, which contributes to less overhead in a VPS container, thus resulting in more resources available overall.
    Virtuozzo is essentially the same as vswap OpenVZ.
    And it's not true isolation. The CPU is still shared, and that's a problem for some.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Virtuozzo is essentially the same as vswap OpenVZ.
    And it's not true isolation. The CPU is still shared, and that's a problem for some.
    Sure, but that doesn't mean Known Host's service is inferior to Liquid Web's. There are benefits to each virtualization sure, but users will definitely need to do their own research to see what will best fit their needs and their budget.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by MattS View Post
    I disagree. I've used both and can say that Known Host is far better than Liquid Web, especially in terms of support. I definitely prefer more thoughtful and knowledgeable replies than fast and often WTF did you do replies.

Overall, Known Host is the better bang for the buck at least in my experience.
    Hey Matt, sorry to intrude but was perusing this and noticed your comment about unsatisfactory support experiences. I would love to look into this further (even if you aren't still with us...we're always trying to improve). If you'd be so kind to DM me with either ticket and/or account numbers (if you still have them available) or if not, if you'd like to elaborate so I can see where things went wrong and check into what we can do better. Thanks in advance!

Both companies you listed above are both reliable providers. Defiantly out of those two providers they both will be able of providing you with top of the line services you won't have any problems with which ever provider you go with.

I see liquid web is more of a professional provider like for big boys and KH is for people with new sites and medium sites. But they both are very good providers. I suggest you choose who fits your budget and resources.