Exclamation GreenValueHost - Review

Hi,

I have been with GreenValueHost for about a month so i would like to review them i hate doing bad reviews but my experience with GreenVauleHost has not been very good here's why:

1. They don't use there own hardware found out that there Vps's are from Hudson Valley Hosting.(Most company's use there own hardware)download speeds of 22 kb/s on server right now.

2. Support Team gets a 2/5 very slow respond time

Theses are main issues im having they did offer me a 2.00 for setup not going a plan and thank them for that , within 2 days of me being hosting they were DDOS (this being said it was Hudson Valley) you run the ip though whois (192.3.94.176) and it shows Hudson Valley as the provider but they were telling me that it was Data Center issue it was the company they are using. It has been noting but trouble with hosting i no issue with the staff , the services they provide are not sub par

I won't be renewing with them started off great then it went downhill , i would not recommend them if you are wanting a vps

Thanks for Your Time
    Delldude1989
    Last edited by CSH-Chris; 11-19-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but didn't they sell part of their customer base to HVH anyway?

1.Most companies don't use their own hardware, they use services from datacentres just like GVH do and you will find most of with satisfied customers.

2.DDOS can happen to anyone these days basically every kid can lunch several Gbps DDOS attack from home since the wikileaks but yes its responsibility of the company to atleast nullroute the IP(if they are not capable of blocking/mitigating the attack) under attack so that others don't get affected by it.

ahh sorry to know you are not happy with them

but let me share my personal experience with HVH they are best, i think own a hardware is not a big deal company can rent or whatever they do, important thing is it will managed well,
    and bad things happens with everyone, it will be very good if you ask them to move your account i hope they will do that
    Best of luck !
    VMakerHOST » Providing Amazing Services since 2010
    Three Datacenter Locations: Chicago, Netherlands & Singapore
    █ Reseller Hosting with WHMCS | End User Support | Premium Network | 24x7-365 Support
    ShoutCAST, Web Hosting, Virtual Servers & Dedicated Servers. Managed options available

Quote Originally Posted by Sledger View Post
    1.Most companies don't use their own hardware, they use services from datacentres just like GVH do and you will find most of with satisfied customers.

2.DDOS can happen to anyone these days basically every kid can lunch several Gbps DDOS attack from home since the wikileaks but yes its responsibility of the company to atleast nullroute the IP(if they are not capable of blocking/mitigating the attack) under attack so that others don't get affected by it.
    I understand that it like it has easier lately

Because i told a tech i cancelled my services the owner responded like this , they are saying you are abusing there helpedesk ...

Sorry for your bad experience I have seen many companies use leased hardware to run their services. It is a common practice as it can be more expensive to own your hardware and colo it than leasing a server and not having to worry about the cost of hardware replacement and such.

Quote Originally Posted by sjr2004 View Post
    Sorry for your bad experience I have seen many companies use leased hardware to run their services. It is a common practice as it can be more expensive to own your hardware and colo it than leasing a server and not having to worry about the cost of hardware replacement and such.
    Completely understand if you are going to rent or lease at lease have a good provider ( this being said i have never hosted on HVH) so i can't say anything bad

Update:
    Accidentally posting a ticket in the wrong department is abuse so be careful
    Last edited by CSH-Chris; 11-19-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: add abuse complaint

I honestly did not notice any performance issues with your VPS whatsoever; when I did check, your VPS was running absolutely fine with no issues. (Currently as well)

The issues that you were facing previously WERE in fact DDoS attacks, and we posted on our Network Issues page to notify all clients that we were working on mitigating the attack. DDoS attacks can happen to any provider, not just us.

We only LEASE our node hardware from Hudson Valley Host. We fully manage and monitor our own nodes and we are not a VPS reseller. Submitting tickets to the wrong department deliberately in an attempt to receive a faster response is considered helpdesk abuse, as it takes away time from other clients that actually do need technical support.

I'm sorry that we weren't able to satisfy your needs. If you'd like, please submit a refund request and I'll have it processed for you.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GVH-Jon View Post
    I honestly did not notice any performance issues with your VPS whatsoever; when I did check, your VPS was running absolutely fine with no issues. (Currently as well)

The issues that you were facing previously WERE in fact DDoS attacks, and we posted on our Network Issues page to notify all clients that we were working on mitigating the attack. DDoS attacks can happen to any provider, not just us.

We only LEASE our node hardware from Hudson Valley Host. We fully manage and monitor our own nodes and we are not a VPS reseller. Submitting tickets to the wrong department deliberately in an attempt to receive a faster response is considered helpdesk abuse, as it takes away time from other clients that actually do need technical support.

I'm sorry that we weren't able to satisfy your needs. If you'd like, please submit a refund request and I'll have it processed for you.

Thanks.
    i have submitted a ticket for a refund in the billing department made sure it was the right one

Quote Originally Posted by Delldude1989 View Post
    i have submitted a ticket for a refund in the billing department made sure it was the right one
    Refund issued

Best of luck in your future endeavors and with your new host